Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

I share my EFI Asus X299 R6EE OC 0.7.4 release based ( I'm about to switch with OC 0.7.6, I will post it later)

The EFI / config.plist must match your configuration:

ACPI :
- disabled : SSDT-X299-BR1A-Vega56A7 and SSDT-X299-BR2A-Vega56A7 : you can add your own SSDT GPU and remove them and also edit config.plist.
- disabled : SSDT-TB3-BR3D-HackinDROM.aml : I case you don't have TitanRidge add in card.

Kexts :
- USBports.kext mach with my configuration : to be adapted with yours if needed with Hackintool or other.
- VegaGraphicFixup.kext disabled : not needed for newer GPUs.
- You must add RestrictEvents.kext if you don't use CustomMemory on Platforminfo see below

NVRAM :
- boot-args : to be completed for AMD 5000 or 6000 GPUs

Plateforminfo :
- MacPro7,1 (removed MLB, serial, SMUUID) : to be completed
- CustomMemory : Memory section must be set to much your own memory sticks, or disabled if you use RestrictEvents.kext.

Important: BIOS setting : above 4G decode must be disable if you use Polaris or Vega GPUs if not system will not shutdown or restart and also the installation of MacOs will fail.

Later: you can manage Intel AX200 working with Bluetooth and Wifi :
the following kexts must be added : (for Monterey they are specifics) :
- BlueToolFixup.kext
- AirportItlwm.kext
- IntelBluetoothInjector.kext
- IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
- itlwm.kext
( i will share later with EFI OC 0.7.6)
Thanks for your share.

@Loloflatsix @Junologue
I succeeded to boot and install Monterey 12.1

I finally use @djlild7hina Base EFI
At the begging with all kext enable and the RX 6600 XT ... I didn't make any progress
Then I swap the RX 6600 XT with an old Nvidia GT710 No better (by the way, There no kext loaded in Monterey for this GPU anymore!!!)
Then I start disabling some kext
And I could finally boot just after disabling USBInjectAll.kext :eek:

Then I Enable back Kexts I need (USBInjectAll included)
Still booting Correctly :thumbup:

Then I swap back the RX 6600 XT
Still booting Correctly
:thumbup:

Now it's working .... but I don't know what happened in the first place.
I still need to do some USBmapping.
I can't use @Loloflatsix Kext because I use his disable internal header for the USB port PC case
EDIT
I dit Some USBMapping this morning .. I disable "AURA LED" USB port to have juste 15 USB port and did some Wild guess. Some USB2 never worked with USBinjectAll and XhciPortLimit quirk enable.
X299 Prime-A II USB port BackPanel.png
X299 Prime-A II USB port Internal.png
I made a USBPort.Kext for MacPro7,1 ;) (attached)

Attachments

• USBPorts MacPro7,1 X299 Prime-A II.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
@oli.mathieu : The SSD-PLUG-ALT from Acidanthera is the same for our system/CPU except CP00, 0x00, 0x00001810, 0x06 and CP01, 0x01, 0x00001810, 0x06 and so on ;)

Last edited:
@oli.mathieu : The SSD-PLUG-ALT from Acidanthera is the same for our system/CPU except CP00, 0x00, 0x00001810, 0x06 and CP01, 0x01, 0x00001810, 0x06 and so on ;)
Thanks
you mean I have to replace 0x00000510 by 0x00001810
EDIT
indeed it works
I'll do some test/bench next week-end

Last edited:
Hi guys! I need some help for updating OC prepare for Monterey. I have a stable working system with Big Sur 11.6.2 an older OC (0.6.6 or something like that) and I tried to update to lastest OC, but I can not boot even in Big Sur with it. I upload both EFI folder, if someone would check them and help whats wrong, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Attachments

• NOT WORKING MONTEREY EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • WORKING BIG SUR EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
Hi guys! I need some help for updating OC prepare for Monterey. I have a stable working system with Big Sur 11.6.2 an older OC (0.6.6 or something like that) and I tried to update to lastest OC, but I can not boot even in Big Sur with it. I upload both EFI folder, if someone would check them and help whats wrong, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Hi there.

I'm no expert on X299 systems BUT I see you have forgotten to include SMCProcessor.kext & SMCSuperIO.kext in your Monterey config, which go with VirtualSMC.kext, whereas they are present in your Big Sur config.

As I say, I'm no X299 expert but. it looks 'wrong'.

:)

Hi there.

I'm no expert on X299 systems BUT I see you have forgotten to include SMCProcessor.kext & SMCSuperIO.kext in your Monterey config, which go with VirtualSMC.kext, whereas they are present in your Big Sur config.

As I say, I'm no X299 expert but. it looks 'wrong'.

:)
Thanks! I did not notice this before! But I added and still not working... :/ I upload the updated Monterey EFI.

Attachments

• UPDATED MONTEREY EFI NOT WORKING.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
Thanks! I did not notice this before! But I added and still not working... :/ I upload the updated Monterey EFI.
Some screenshots can help us but :
- TSCAdjustReset.kext must be replaced by CpuTscSync.kext for CPUs up to 6 cores/12 threads (7820x and up)
- ASMedia.kext and NVMeFix.kext should be added

Try :
- SecureBootModel : Disabled

Your config.plist seems outdated on some points, example :
- BootProtect : is not used now

SSDT :
- try with a more specific SSDT than SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml

There are shared EFIs or the base EFI that should help you.

Last edited:
Since MacOS Monterey 12.1, I have “Increase Contrast” feature at logging : the message is displayed with a large transparent screen icon.

Logitech flow control adds a cool feature:
With a paired compatible mouse, you can use it in two or three different systems.
For example, you can copy and paste items between your macOS Monterey and your Windows 10 or 11 builds or two MacOs builds.

On MacOs :

Capture d’écran 2021-12-15 à 11.58.20.png
Capture d’écran 2021-12-15 à 12.07.19.png

On Windows :

2021-12-15 14_07_58-.jpg

2021-12-15 12_30_29-.jpg

Capture d’écran 2021-12-15 à 12.38.17.png

Simply install LogiOptions on each of your systems.

Take advantage of the continuity between your systems and builds !

Last edited:
Back