Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hey djbudda, This post is thinning out a bit and it's good to see you poppin' in. Good to see you back here; even if it's for a brief moment.
Thank you, you as well! Sorry I haven’t been around but literally since the day I fixed my Hack, work went absolutely nuts. Plus with restrictions lifted, I’ve been doing more events and radio shows than ever so it’s non-stop.

I’m too tired to even fathom packing for a vacation these days. :banghead:

@djlild7hina hello mate! still here even if I sold my hackintosh parts and now using Mac Studio! Lovely machine but, does your M1 Ultra version buzz a bit at idle fan rpms? My Max idles at 1300 rpms and I can slighlty hear its fans rattling a bit. I mean, you gotta stay really close to hear but man... my hack's noctuas were dead silent!

@djlild7hina hello mate! still here even if I sold my hackintosh parts and now using Mac Studio! Lovely machine but, does your M1 Ultra version buzz a bit at idle fan rpms? My Max idles at 1300 rpms and I can slighlty hear its fans rattling a bit. I mean, you gotta stay really close to hear but man... my hack's noctuas were dead silent!
This was addressed recently on MacRumors. Take a look, this may be the same issue you’re having:

Hey all. Hack is fully running flawlessly so thank you all again. ASUS swapped my board and I’m cruising (Sage /10G / 10980XE / 128 GB Corsair Vengeance @3200 XMP / Radeon 6900XT / Gigabyte Titan Ridge soft modded w/ jumper)

So I’m debating grabbing the Caldigit TS4 but obviously to take advantage of it, I’d have to upgrade or add in another card (I see the ThunderboltEX 4 seems to be my only option)- I have so many questions so bare with me:

- Can I use this card in addition to my Titan Ridge or do I have to replace it?
- Do I need to do any mods like I had to get hot plug support and all that?
- Is it a crazy SSDT thing like the Titan Ridge was?

I’m asking here as I can’t seem to find much about this after searching a bit.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately I tried using the Asus Thunderbolt EX4 and didn’t have much luck with it. There’s currently no way to flash custom firmware so I think your best bet is still the Gigabyte Titan Ridge. However I couldn’t get it to recognize Thunderbolt 4 devices while it was flashed so YMMV. If you daisy chain the cal digit off a Thunderbolt 3 device it might work though?

Maybe someone else can chime in

I’ve heard about people having issues on macrumors but I don’t notice any buzzing with mine

Unfortunately I tried using the Asus Thunderbolt EX4 and didn’t have much luck with it. There’s currently no way to flash custom firmware so I think your best bet is still the Gigabyte Titan Ridge. However I couldn’t get it to recognize Thunderbolt 4 devices while it was flashed so YMMV. If you daisy chain the cal digit off a Thunderbolt 3 device it might work though?

Maybe someone else can chime in
I could have sworn I saw a post about a month ago where someone got that card working without any flashing required. I wonder if @CaseySJ or anyone else with some experience could chime in or direct to a thread about getting the ASUS Thunderbolt EX4 working. :)

I could have sworn I saw a post about a month ago where someone got that card working without any flashing required. I wonder if @CaseySJ or anyone else with some experience could chime in or direct to a thread about getting the ASUS Thunderbolt EX4 working. :)

it definitely works better on B550/Z690 but was mixed with X299 for me especially since it’s not natively supported.

Okay, I bit confused, You said:

1. Delete USBInjectAll.kext in the EFI folder under EFI-OC-Kexts and copy the USB kext attached in the same place

I deleted the USBInjectAll.kext in the NEW (EFI 0.8.3), that you provided. Then I replaced with the USBMap.kext. Should I name the USBMap.kext to USBInjectAll.kext, or just keep the name: USBMap.kext?

Also, you said:

2. Modify the USBInjectAll entry in the config.plist like shown below under Kernel-Add

How do I do that? What am I to modify?

Lastly, you said:

3. Set XhciPortLimit to No/False under Kernel-Quirks in config.plist

I went to Quirks > XhclPortLimit > and switched it from "YES" to "NO." So that worked. I look forward to getting more detail on the first 2 instructions you provided. Thank you. :cool:

1. USBMap.kext
2. Open your config.plist with your Plist editor and navigate under Kernel-Add and change the USBInjectAll entry to like the screenshot shown

it definitely works better on B550/Z690 but was mixed with X299 for me especially since it’s not natively supported.

So I see a Gigabyte Maple Ridge card I can get on sale at the moment. I gotta dig into this ….

1. USBMap.kext
2. Open your config.plist with your Plist editor and navigate under Kernel-Add and change the USBInjectAll entry to like the screenshot shown
Hi 7hina,

1) I deleted the highlighted file like you instructed (pic below).

2) I then opened up the config.plist under the same NEW EFI (v0.8.3) folder you provided (that I downloaded 2 days ago), and this is what I see when it's open (pic below). I'm looking at the pic you provided and I don't see what it is I have to change or rename the file? Can you provide more details of how I am to change this?

3) Also, (as I mentioned before), am I to change the name from "USBMap.kext" to "USBInjectAll.kext," or just keep the file named: "USBMap.kext"?

I look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1 - USBInjectAll File.jpg
    1 - USBInjectAll File.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2 - Config.plist.jpg
    2 - Config.plist.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 24
Back