Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hi everyone, I just tried to install MacOS Ventura beta 13.2, but using 7hina’s new EFI he gave me two weeks ago, seems to be getting stuck on the install from 12.4 to beta 13.0 v2. Any thoughts as why? 7hina, would me using your blank v0.8.3 EFI File work maybe? Let me know what you can. Thanks for any help! :)

UPDATE 08-07-22 / 6:12PM

Well, I just tried v0.8.3 and it worked... to a point (LOL!). The internet connection and some of my USB connectors on the mobo are not working. But at least Ventura started up. If there is a way 7hina (or anyone else), can help, please let me know. Thank you.

Last edited:
Just uploaded my last BASE-EFI (OC 083) with macOS Ventura support located on my GitHub here. I don't have any X299 hardware anymore or AMD GPUs so won’t be able to troubleshoot further releases or provide assistance.

You can also use the OCAuxillaryTools located here to update OpenCore and kexts.

Happy hacking and best of luck to everyone! It’s been fun
7hina, you’ve been such a great help to me and everyone here who needed your help from time to time. Very grateful! Thanks again for everything!!! :cool:

Hi everyone, I just tried to install MacOS Ventura beta 13.2, but using 7hina’s new EFI he gave me two weeks ago, seems to be getting stuck on the install from 12.4 to beta 13.0 v2. Any thoughts as why? 7hina, would me using your blank v0.8.3 EFI File work maybe? Let me know what you can. Thanks for any help! :)

UPDATE 08-07-22 / 6:12PM

Well, I just tried v0.8.3 and it worked... to a point (LOL!). The internet connection and some of my USB connectors on the mobo are not working. But at least Ventura started up. If there is a way that 7hina (or anyone else), can help, please let me know. Thank you.

You'll have to bring over your USB kext and disable the XhciPortLimit quirk. Also I don't know if there is a working kext for the i211 Ethernet port?

You'll have to bring over your USB kext and disable the XhciPortLimit quirk. Also I don't know if there is a working kext for the i211 Ethernet port?
I thought i211 would as handled by e1000 apple with VT D enabled in bios

I thought i211 would as handled by e1000 apple with VT D enabled in bios

com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000 is the driver for i211 for my hack using Monterey. I had to get rid of the smalltree driver first, otherwise it wouldn't work.

Thank you letting me know this. So could you explain how to do this (in layman's terms, as I need things spelled out for me). Let me know what you can, thanks. :)

com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000 is the driver for i211 for my hack using Monterey. I had to get rid of the smalltree driver first, otherwise it wouldn't work.
Thank you for your reply to recent dilemma I'm facing. I know that I asked 7hina for some help explaining this, but since you had some success with this, is it possible to explain this (step by step as best as you can), so I can try it? Thanks.

Thanks. I hope I can do this, as I never approached this level of skill set yet. I'll probably be back to ask questions. So I hope you'll forgive my ignorance.

I grabbed your previous USB kext and rename it here.

1. Delete USBInjectAll.kext in the EFI folder under EFI-OC-Kexts and copy the USB kext attached in the same place
2. Modify the USBInjectAll entry in the config.plist like shown below under Kernel-Add
Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 21.30.23.png

3. Set XhciPortLimit to No/False under Kernel-Quirks in config.plist

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 28
Back