Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

@djlild7hina do you find monterey stable so far?
is there anything noticeable that prevents you from running it with everyday tasks? :)

@djlild7hina do you find monterey stable so far?
is there anything noticeable that prevents you from running it with everyday tasks? :)

It’s been pretty stable so far since it’s very similar to Big Sur. I’d still recommend installing on a backup disk if you want to try it :)

Universal Control isn't officially out yet but there is a plist modification you can do to enable it. Happy to report it works on Hacks as well :)

Last edited:
@djlild7hina I made a total mess! I installed latest beta since I was (wrong) sure it was the RC and now it boot loops when it operates the latest steps of installation (After the 20-30 mins part). Efi was my usual rock solid on 0.7.3 oc! Am I missing something? I can’t even boot Big Sur since it’s overwritten by Monterey! Oh Lord..

@djlild7hina I made a total mess! I installed latest beta since I was (wrong) sure it was the RC and now it boot loops when it operates the latest steps of installation (After the 20-30 mins part). Efi was my usual rock solid on 0.7.3 oc! Am I missing something? I can’t even boot Big Sur since it’s overwritten by Monterey! Oh Lord..

Yikes! Do you have a backup? Make sure you have the latest CPUTSCSync or TSCAdjustReset.kext and that your SecureBootModel is set to Disabled during the update. Other than that I'm not sure.

Logging off good luck!

Yikes! Do you have a backup? Make sure you have the latest CPUTSCSync or TSCAdjustReset.kext and that your SecureBootModel is set to Disabled during the update. Other than that I'm not sure.

Logging off good luck!
Now, which one we can use CPUTSCSync or TSCAdjustReset.kext?

Logging off good luck!
I also found macOS 12 beta need more boot time. Please see below log file.View attachment 529222

Last edited:
Last edited:
Either one works as of latest CpuTscSync.

It's a beta so slower boot times are normal.

Beta 7 is a pain to install so you need a new OC 0.7.4 build and enable the AdviseFeatures flag
That’s why I’m done with betas

Back