Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

3051049A-A00D-4509-9B62-40C7528BCEED.jpeg

Build: Gigabyte x299 Designaire EX | i9 9820X | RX 570 4GB | based on this x299 guide

I’m getting this booting error after updating Clover from 5058 (Mojave) to 5146. I didn’t update my kexts this time (trying to isolate the problem), but I had the same issue when I did. After the kdp_core line the ACPI lines load very slowly.

My original EFI had a driver called AptioMemoryFix that is still in the folder, and apparently it’s built into Clover now? I’m not sure what file it was replaced by if I installed it with the package or not. Openruntime was installed but there’s also an AptioInputFix available. Not sure if this is contributing to my issue?

I’ve attached the diff I did between the two EFI folders if it’s helpful at all.56D45C8A-1546-41F4-974A-84AF762EA8C0.jpeg

EDIT: added build specs and link to guide

Last edited:
View attachment 548909

I’m getting this booting error after updating Clover from 5058 (Mojave) to 5146. I didn’t update my kexts this time (trying to isolate the problem), but I had the same issue when I did. After the kdp_core line the ACPI lines load very slowly.

My original EFI had a driver called AptioMemoryFix that is still in the folder, and apparently it’s built into Clover now? I’m not sure what file it was replaced by if I installed it with the package or not. Openruntime was installed but there’s also an AptioInputFix available. Not sure if this is contributing to my issue?

I’ve attached the diff I did between the two EFI folders if it’s helpful at all.View attachment 548910
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

with version 12.4 you need to use fips_mode=4
after I set fips_mode the error disappear and I successfully completed the installation without issues.
I hope this will solve your issue to.
I tried fips mode 4 on a monterey 12.4 pendrive and it does not load, it ends up restarting and the installation does not load.

Is this where folks are getting stuck attempting to boot into 12.4?
IMG_2267.JPG

This is on a flash drive with a fresh download of 12.4. I am currently on a working 12.3.1.

I want to try fips_mode=4 but I'm not sure where I input this.

Please advise! Thank you!

Last edited:
I added fips_mode=4 in my boot args and now the pen drive won't show my Install MacOS Monterey partition....

Well, I just updated to v12.4 and so far, so good. Even iStat Menu v6.62 (1191) is working fine and just checked the CPU core readings and it's working fine. Took a pic and included it (below). I'll be running this for the 2 to 3 days and see if everything continues to work fine. I'll keep you updated.
Did you need to do any fips_mode=4 modifications or anything?

What is this fips_mode=4 for? clean installed 12.4 fine with my BASE-EFI. Also updated to OC 0.8.1 and was good

Back