Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hi all, trying to upgrade from big sur 11.6.6 to monterrey 12.4 and getting this kernel panic. I use opencore 0.8, updated kexts and I don't know where this error comes from?

Is there an option in opencore that has to be configured for monterey?

my machine is 7900x - asus tuf mark1 - 5700xt

Thanks in advance

I have exactly the same issue (kernel panic). I hope someone find a solution about it.

** 99% you can upgrade to version 12.3.1 and lower, but not in 12.4

Last edited:
I have exactly the same issue (kernel panic). I hope someone find a solution about it.

** 99% you can upgrade to version 12.3.1 and lower, but not in 12.4
The problem is version 12.4? have all the people who use x299 had problems going to 12.4?monterey is giving problems? do you recommend updating?

The problem is version 12.4? have all the people who use x299 had problems going to 12.4?monterey is giving problems? do you recommend updating?
yes the problem is the version 12.4.

until now i had no problems updating any version until 12.3.1.

for me you can update to version 12.3.1, I use monterey from the first day and I never had a problem with the updates until the latest release of 12.4 and I can't find a solution about it. we see...

FYI my X299 has no problem running 12.4

yes the problem is the version 12.4.

until now i had no problems updating any version until 12.3.1.

for me you can update to version 12.3.1, I use monterey from the first day and I never had a problem with the updates until the latest release of 12.4 and I can't find a solution about it. we see...
I have read that adding fips_mode=4 in kernel flag work, I haven't tried it yet.
Does anyone know what this command affects?

Back