Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

I don’t think the EFI holds that info….. BUT if I were in your shoes, google some of your apps and figure out where it stores log files. Go in there and you should see the path (which drive / folder etc) it logged previously and you should be able to get the name from there. Good luck!
Thank you, I'll do that now. Hopefully I'll find something. Again, thanks!

I don’t think the EFI holds that info….. BUT if I were in your shoes, google some of your apps and figure out where it stores log files. Go in there and you should see the path (which drive / folder etc) it logged previously and you should be able to get the name from there. Good luck!
Not having too much fortune here, but you did help me look at something... the Console app. I had to get on YouTube to ask around and I'm still waiting for some replies to see how to find out what my Secondary Hard Drives name was. Hopefully I'll get some kind of direction. Thanks again for the help and if anybody else knows what I need to do to find out please let me know. Later... :cool:

Not having too much fortune here, but you did help me look at something... the Console app. I had to get on YouTube to ask around and I'm still waiting for some replies to see how to find out what my Secondary Hard Drives name was. Hopefully I'll get some kind of direction. Thanks again for the help and if anybody else knows what I need to do to find out please let me know. Later... :cool:
So wait, if I’m understanding you correctly, you’re using the same MacOS install at the moment right? I may look into what you can do. Can you throw a list of your apps in a reply here and I’ll do an experiment with one and check for you.

Yep I still have it although it's currently in a box since I'm using the Sage II.

I updated kgp's notes onto my github to hopefully make it easier to follow

So I know you’re basically retired from this- but is there any way you can paste your old guide for doing the Ubuntu mod in this thread? The GitHub link is gone- and ASUS swapped my motherboard so I’m basically SOL trying to do this 10GbE mod. I’d super appreciate it as the thread from macrumors / KGP is ridiculous lol

So I know you’re basically retired from this- but is there any way you can paste your old guide for doing the Ubuntu mod in this thread? The GitHub link is gone- and ASUS swapped my motherboard so I’m basically SOL trying to do this 10GbE mod. I’d super appreciate it as the thread from macrumors / KGP is ridiculous lol
Update - I solved it and did the mod using the macrumors guide. It was the furthest from easy and I still think we need that old guide as it was much MUCH easier to follow. I appreciate it!!

I noticed that my current version of Monterey is warning me about the Small Tree kexts. I haven’t updated in months due to issues with the board. But there are some things I’d like to have (universal control and some FCPX stuff that’s only available with the update)

Does anybody know a solution / kexts for the intel 550 10GbE on board ports on the ASUS x299 Sage/10G ?

Update - I solved it and did the mod using the macrumors guide. It was the furthest from easy and I still think we need that old guide as it was much MUCH easier to follow. I appreciate it!!

I noticed that my current version of Monterey is warning me about the Small Tree kexts. I haven’t updated in months due to issues with the board. But there are some things I’d like to have (universal control and some FCPX stuff that’s only available with the update)

Does anybody know a solution / kexts for the intel 550 10GbE on board ports on the ASUS x299 Sage/10G ?

I deleted my githubs since I dont have hackintosh anymore but looks like someone forked it from earlier this year

As for as I know SmallTree still works with Monterey but you could also try Sonnet

There’s a sonnet driver compatible with Intel 550?

I tried it previously on Big Sur I believe and have instructions on the github. YMMV so proceed with caution! I think it's better to stay with SmallTree though

I tried it previously on Big Sur I believe and have instructions on the github. YMMV so proceed with caution! I think it's better to stay with SmallTree though
The SmallTree driver is deprecated after a specific Monterey version it seems. Going to clone my install to an external SSD and attempt the update on there to see if SmallTree still works. But I got the MacOS warning about it and I’ve seen a few people say that the driver is dead moving forward.

Back