Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

So…….. what’s the least painful way to move my current Clover install to OC? I have Thunderbolt SSDTs and other things from the original @kgp guide.
Make an OpenCore EFI on a USB stick and work on it until you have everything fine, then move it to the EFI partition of your main drive.

Make an OpenCore EFI on a USB stick and work on it until you have everything fine, then move it to the EFI partition of your main drive.
Of course. But the question I have is, where do I start? I find that the guides don’t really help migrating an existing installation that much, and I have a few SSDT’s for Thunderbolt and other things I have to figure out and have no clue on how to do this.

That being said, it’s probably easier than I’m making it, I understood Clover a decent amount, but I also haven’t done any tweaking to my Hack for 2 years because it worked relatively well.

The Thunderbolt SSDTs and USB map can likely pass unchanged from Clover to OpenCore. For the rest, use Dortania's generic SSDTs or make your own from the ACPI tables (Clover: F4) as described in the guide ("the long way").
Do not think "migrating", think "hacking anew", using Clover settings as indications where applicable. We might help, if you care to share your Clover EFI (without serials!) and/or ACPI tables.

The Thunderbolt SSDTs and USB map can likely pass unchanged from Clover to OpenCore. For the rest, use Dortania's generic SSDTs or make your own from the ACPI tables (Clover: F4) as described in the guide ("the long way").
Do not think "migrating", think "hacking anew", using Clover settings as indications where applicable. We might help, if you care to share your Clover EFI (without serials!) and/or ACPI tables.
I’ll give it another shot during my lunch break as I failed miserably last night

If I run into difficulties I’ll paste the Clover EFI. I love this forum so much for the help and support here. Be warned though, my Clover EFI may be a disaster- haven’t had to mess with it for years and the last time I did was to get Thunderbolt working after flashing my Gigabyte Titan Ridge card.

I’ll give it another shot during my lunch break as I failed miserably last night

If I run into difficulties I’ll paste the Clover EFI. I love this forum so much for the help and support here. Be warned though, my Clover EFI may be a disaster- haven’t had to mess with it for years and the last time I did was to get Thunderbolt working after flashing my Gigabyte Titan Ridge card.

I don't think you need to overcomplicate it too much. My github hasn't been updated since I retired my hack and sold it but it should still work since more recent OC updates were minor.

My BASE-EFI should get you started, make sure to read the configuration section too. A lot of Clover SSDTs were mainly cosmetic and can be ignored but I have also adjusted kgp's Thunderbolt SSDT for OpenCore here.

Good luck!

I don't think you need to overcomplicate it too much. My github hasn't been updated since I retired my hack and sold it but it should still work since more recent OC updates were minor.

My BASE-EFI should get you started, make sure to read the configuration section too. A lot of Clover SSDTs were mainly cosmetic and can be ignored but I have also adjusted kgp's Thunderbolt SSDT for OpenCore here.

Good luck!
This is amazing, thank you!

So this will help upgrade my current Mojave install to OC then I should be able to use the App Store to grab Monterey?

This is amazing, thank you!

So this will help upgrade my current Mojave install to OC then I should be able to use the App Store to grab Monterey?

Yup although I have only tested the EFI on Big Sur and Monterey. I believe I highlighted sections where you need to make adjustments for older macOS versions/. You should be able to use your existing USBMap

Updated my github for OC 0.7.7. Note that it's adapted for macOS Monterey and newer BIOS revisions with Resizable bar support. I have not tested with older macOS versions

Updated my github for OC 0.7.7. Note that it's adapted for macOS Monterey and newer BIOS revisions with Resizable bar support. I have not tested with older macOS versions
After toying with some of these apps, I think I finally got the settings to migrate to my MacBook without any issue.

I have my Clover/Mojave on a separate external SSD which boots fine. I think tomorrow when I clock out of work, I’m doing a fresh Monterey install on my NVME. I just hope I can keep my Mac 1,1 profile and serial #. Wish me luck lol (I’m sure I’ll be here in some fashion)

Ok .... so that was easy- like scary easy.

(I went through the guide to make see what exactly I had to do) and just made sure I added my newly generated serial number, SMBIOS etc before running the installer), added my SmallTree drivers (had patched in Ubuntu a little while ago to enable them both) and if you use Universal Audio, you'll see my Thunderbolt 3 is working (no hotplug yet, I have to install the altered SSDT @djlild7hina linked above still). I also haven't done the MAC address stuff as of yet, but I'm signed into iCloud and my Bluetooth / Wifi is working. I tried to install Music Tag Editor Pro from the App Store (works fine on my Monterey 12.1 install on my Macbook Pro, but I'm getting the damaged and can't be opened error.).

So I guess my question is, is there something else I need to do to make all the apps from the app store install correctly? FCPX / Motion / Compressor all installed fine it seems.

You all are fantastic, wow was hilariously smooth (so far) :headbang:

Edit: tried to add the SSDT for Thunderbolt and that turned into a hot mess LOL - reverted back to my original EFI that booted. So I clearly did something wrong when I added it lol. Maybe some help with that too if anyone can assist :lol:

Edit 2: (unrelated to Thunderbolt) - I read this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/can-someone-check-mindnode-6-app-store.278910/post-2059125 which basically sums up that the App store uses en0 for receipts. So when I do the MAC address part of the guide (while fixing iMessage etc), it should resolve the issue. Is this accurate?

Edit 3: Yup, setting en0 fixed the App Store issue. Now to Thunderbolt hot plug lol

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 1.56.30 AM.png

Last edited:
Back