Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

I was almost pulling the trigger again. On a M1 Max, but when i found out that apple is not supporting egpu on M1 at all, my whole workflow dies. I do heavy 3D and even if apple believes that their skinny chips will hold up to a 40x20cm gpu card, it doesnt. I mean why would it

The 32gb gpu is benchmarking similar as the nvidia 2060, which is nice on a fairly slim laptop. But if i would render a 1 minute long 3D video on that, with high resolution and high detail it would take weeks

Now i am frustrated and gonna go hackintosh for my life instead. Apple eco system maniacs.

I’ll probably change my mind later, but this is my current mood

Yeah, seems the M1 are specialized for certain tasks but not quite there yet. I'm assuming the M1/2 Mac Pro will just be a beefed up version of the M1 Pro/Max with 64 or 128 GPU cores and 128/256GB Ram.

I'm offloading the majority of my VMs to Linux and will attempt to do everything else on a M1 Max.

Yeah, seems the M1 are specialized for certain tasks but not quite there yet. I'm assuming the M1/2 Mac Pro will just be a beefed up version of the M1 Pro/Max with 64 or 128 GPU cores and 128/256GB Ram.

I'm offloading the majority of my VMs to Linux and will attempt to do everything else on a M1 Max.

Yes, but i wouldnt call it macpro if they don't manage to have dual M1 in it. So 20 cores, which would be really interesting.

Yes, but i wouldnt call it macpro if they don't manage to have dual M1 in it. So 20 cores, which would be really interesting.

Yup rumors are 20c and 40c mac pros. Wonder how they are going to handle expansion and upgradability (if there will be any)

Yup rumors are 20c and 40c mac pros. Wonder how they are going to handle expansion and upgradability (if there will be any)
I doubt they are upgradeable. If they are, i bet it's the whole motherboard.
"Send your old one in and get a coupon" kind of.

But a 40c mac pro with M1 effectiveness. Wow thats interesting in both Music Industry and Mining industry :)

I still believe that there will be one more update to MacPro with W-33xx, PCIE4 and TB4 support, why else would Apple release OS with 6600XT support?

Sorry saw your bug on github but I archived it since I'm not sure if I'll be updating it anymore but try changing SecureBootModel in the config.plist to Default.

SecureBootModel defaults changed in OC 0.7.2 I believe, so I set it to 'Disabled' in my Base-EFI since not everyone uses Big Sur or Monterey.

I've attached my BASE-EFI for OC 0.7.4 with SecureBootModel set to Enabled and verified it booted my system. With it disabled, I was stuck on PCI Configuration End
Hallelujah! Success at last! Thanks for your assistance.

Attachments

• 6227BE6E-ACE8-49EB-8CA7-B53E3B56DA8C.jpeg
    6227BE6E-ACE8-49EB-8CA7-B53E3B56DA8C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
I still believe that there will be one more update to MacPro with W-33xx, PCIE4 and TB4 support, why else would Apple release OS with 6600XT support?

yeah there’s rumored to be one more intel with Ice Lake as well as the first ARM one (small cube)

yeah there’s rumored to be one more intel with Ice Lake as well as the first ARM one (small cube)

I've got the W-3375(Already powerful CPU checkout Geekbench under Windows) and working on getting it running and I think the next MacPro with Intel will be my last hack for a 3-4 years then move to Linux.

I've got the W-3375(Already powerful CPU checkout Geekbench under Windows) and working on getting it running and I think the next MacPro with Intel will be my last hack for a 3-4 years then move to Linux.
I'm really interested in this!! Can I ask where you found the CPU and the mobo and how much you paid 'em? Are you tryin to boot OpenCore + macOS right now?

I'm really interested in this!! Can I ask where you found the CPU and the mobo and how much you paid 'em? Are you tryin to boot OpenCore + macOS right now?
Motherboard snatched it from WiredZone got lucky they had it stock, the CPU I got from the private vendor, I had a very large order with them for one of my clients so "persuaded" them to find one for me.

Yup, kernel panic for now. Ordered COM to USB to debug it and see why, @etorix and other fellas are helping me (Sorry guys I don't know your nicks in here or I'd have mention you too.)

Back