Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never-mind. It's a known issue with the i9-7920X on Mojave. Dev looking for workarounds.
If You want to keep Automatic/Generic in your platform Infos, you can always change your CPU Infos manually ( I used this method & worked fine on Mojave.

A: Open a terminal and paste the three following commands: ( Press enter after each one )
cp /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/en.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings ~/Desktop/

sudo mv /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/en.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings /System/Library/

PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/en.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings-Backup

B: Open now the “AppleSystemInfo.strings” that is on your Desktop ( with TextWrangler or other similar app ) and change:
<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
<string>Unknown</string>

to whatever you want. In my case I choose:
<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
<string>I9-7980Xe 18-core 4,9 GHz</string>

Save “AppleSystemInfo.strings”
C: Run now the two following terminal commands:
sudo codesign -f -s - ~/Desktop/AppleSystemInfo.strings

sudo cp ~/Desktop/AppleSystemInfo.strings /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/en.lproj/

Reboot your system.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Okay everyone, I'm stumped.

I've used this place for years to put together numerous hackintoshes, but this one has me. It's an ASUS X299 A II and I've gone through multiple iterations the past two days with both Clover and Opencore, generated my own DSDT and SSDTs. This seems to be as far as it gets, I have two Sabrent Rocket Q NVMEs in the board and that's all.

Attaching my EFI folder and screenshot of where it halts in Clover - I was getting NVMEassertionfailed errors but since using the tools to generate my DSDT and SSDTs it has the PCI configuration end error.

Edit - Catalina 10.15.6 and the latest Unibeast for the clover USB drive.

Edit - Update: Disabled USB 3.x on my motherboard. Now gets one step after the PCI configuration end error and goes to "apfs module start 1689" error.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 96
  • 20200904_174022.jpg
    20200904_174022.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Has anyone got the ASUS ThunderboltEX3 to work on Catalina?

I have the WS Sage X299 (non 10g) version with the 7980xe.

So I ended up picking up a PM983 U.2 3.84TB drive. Plugged into the U.2 port on the X299 Prime Deluxe it shows up in disk util, but when formatted for APFS, the computer locks up after about a minute of being logged in. I managed to reformat to HFS, and it didn't lock up. But I want to use it as a boot drive. Worse case I might pick up the Highpoint U.2 card, but I was curious if anyone has any ideas?

Really strange that the problem seems to be related to APFS only.

Hi everyone. Do you think there's much difference between x299 Deluxe and x299 Rampage VI extreme for hackintosh?
I have one x299 Rampage VI extreme with a i9 9900x and my current hack is the ASRock z270 Fatality itx, so no slots enough to sit a 10Gbps NIC. I'm following the ASUS z490 ProArt and I'll make a move to z490. I'll be on the PCI lanes limit with the z490 I know. But I can spare a lot of money hacking my Rampage VI extreme and I noticed that with some luck I can have a stable Hackintosh on it with all the PCI lanes I dream of.
So, my questions are:
1. What are the compromises for a daily driver?
2. Is it possible to have a x299 opencore booted, keeping all the hacks on the bootloader with a vanilla macOS install Like I have with the z270 which have survived all updates without a glitch?
3. I'm planning to use a Sapphire Pulse Rx 5700XT, how DRM goes with this setup?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, finally swapped over to Opencore last night and honestly all seems to be going well. Only issue I am running in to is my pc won't wake up from sleep. I know some others have the same motherboard as I do so I was wondering ya'll did to get it working. I have attached my EFI folder with serial and uuid removed for reference.
CPU: 9900x
Motherboard: Asus X299 Sage (2002 Bios)
GPU: XFX Rx580 8gb
RAM: Trident Z 128gb 3200mhz
Running SMBIOS 7,1 (let me know if I need to go to 1,1)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hey guys, finally swapped over to Opencore last night and honestly all seems to be going well. Only issue I am running in to is my pc won't wake up from sleep. I know some others have the same motherboard as I do so I was wondering ya'll did to get it working. I have attached my EFI folder with serial and uuid removed for reference.

Have you tried also ImacPro smbios? To me, that seemed to solve this problem.

Yes, try that. If it doesn’t work I’ll share my EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back