Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that you don't need SSDT-DTGP if you have SSDT-SBUS-MCHC. the DTGP method is already included :) So make sure SSDT-SBUS-MCHC is first in your config.plist, since other SSDTs may reference that method. Also this thread is kinda like a second OC thread since mostly everyone moved to OC. :lol:

Yes, it was quite long and sometimes difficult to adopt OC for me ( It felt like I was still at my own job :D ) but necessary for the future...

Ok, it boots and it seems snappier! Attached new IOReg and screen of PCI Devices.

I tried multiple reboots, goes every time but I noticed that the 1st time the audio "pop" feedback when you raise/low volume from keyboard was super fast (popped at every key press even if I fast repeat presses) but from 2nd time on it pops only at the last bar, exactly how it did with the old EFI. Maybe an NVRAM reset is needed? Waiting for your general feedback.

EDIT: after a sleep/wake cycle the "pop" is super responsive (also, just like the old EFI)

Attachments

• Mac Pro Beta di Piero.ioreg
    7.4 MB · Views: 91
  • Schermata 2020-08-04 alle 21.07.43.png
    Schermata 2020-08-04 alle 21.07.43.png
    625.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
hey guys, does anyone know how to edit or fix the "PCI Cards" section in "About This Mac" when using MacPro7,1 sysdef?

hey guys, does anyone know how to edit or fix the "PCI Cards" section in "About This Mac" when using MacPro7,1 sysdef?
in OpenCore you can use SSDTs or define Device Properties in config.plist

I need help with oc EFI. I want to switch from Clover 5121 to OC. So...OC efi starts with no problem but only thunderbolt port 7 is not active in ioreg so i cannot use any thunderbolt peripheral. My Titan Ridge controller is patched with new firmware, in clover i've no problem because port 7 is enabled and everything i connect work!
Problems are with OC...i use same SSDT but there is no way to enable port 7...maybe it's a rename issue? I attache both EFI, the one with clover with working TB and the on with OC.
Please help me!

Attachments

• EFI-CLOVER.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 82
  • EFI-OC.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 134
Yes, thanks. I believe doing this will only reflect the entries in System Report, there I have already everything laid out via SSDT, but what I'm looking for is how to change this:
1598275911626.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, thanks. I believe doing this will only reflect the entries in System Report, there I have already everything laid out via SSDT, but what I'm looking for is how to change this:
View attachment 485548

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are obviously using SMBIOS Mac Pro7,1 which, as the name suggest, suppose to mimic a Mac Pro 2019 that has 8 PCIe slots. I might be wrong but I don't believe you can fit properly an octagon inside of a pentagon (Your Mobo has 5 slots correct? )
If You don't want that window showing unrelated PCIe cards configuration, SMBIOS ImacPro1,1 will do the trick. :thumbup:

Last edited:
You are obviously using SMBIOS Mac Pro7,1 which, as the name suggest, suppose to mimic a Mac Pro 2019 that has 8 PCIe slots. I might be wrong but I don't believe you can fit properly an octagon inside of a pentagon (Your Mobo has 5 slots correct? )
If You don't want that window showing unrelated PCIe cards configuration, SMBIOS ImacPro1,1 will do the trick. :thumbup:
thanks man, I'm aware of that, I just wonder if there's a way to manipulate/customise that "PCI Cards" tab, just graphically to get the cosmetics right.

I need help with oc EFI. I want to switch from Clover 5121 to OC. So...OC efi starts with no problem but only thunderbolt port 7 is not active in ioreg so i cannot use any thunderbolt peripheral. My Titan Ridge controller is patched with new firmware, in clover i've no problem because port 7 is enabled and everything i connect work!
Problems are with OC...i use same SSDT but there is no way to enable port 7...maybe it's a rename issue? I attache both EFI, the one with clover with working TB and the on with OC.
Please help me!

Change path from PCI0 to PC00 in your SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back