Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I Have install Mac 10.15.6 on my PC
My pC infomation
Main: Asus Rog Strix x299 Gaming II ( Bios Version :0702)
Chip: intel Core i9 9980XE
VGA: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB
Everything is ok but I have 3 problem
- Can't shutdown/restart: all app is closed but my pc don't shutdown/reset
- wifi can't use
- enthernet 2,5 G don't work
here is my EFI and DeviceProperties on Opencore Configuration
thank for support

This might work for 2.5G ethernet

Intel Wifi/BT isn't compatible with macOS but there are beta drivers. you'll need something like a Fenvi with a broadcom chip.

You're also missing TSCAdjustReset.kext and your SSDTs seem different. Look at post 1

This might work for 2.5G ethernet

Intel Wifi/BT isn't compatible with macOS but there are beta drivers. you'll need something like a Fenvi with a broadcom chip.

You're also missing TSCAdjustReset.kext and your SSDTs seem different. Look at post 1
how to build for Asus Rog Strix X299 Gaming II i see it not .kext file

Hey guys! I just noticed my DRM doesn't work and shikigva=128 don't do the trick, anyone solved this?

should DRMs work with MacPro7,1 + Radeon VII + WEG?

After updated 10 10.15.6, I'm facing with a screen freezing problem with Radeon VII... anyone with VII facing the same problem??

*update on 10th Aug 2020,
Solved.. sort of.. I removed the "SSDT-X299-RadeonVII-WEGVII.aml", restart. Run for two days, no freezing. Then I put the "SSDT-X299-RadeonVII-WEGVII.aml" backed, wanting to confirm if it is the SSDT that cause the freezing, but.... still no freezing after 10 days..... :confused:

Last edited:
Hey guys! I just noticed my DRM doesn't work and shikigva=128 don't do the trick, anyone solved this?

should DRMs work with MacPro7,1 + Radeon VII + WEG?

Don't have my VII anymore, but I disabled WEG and DRM works here with a RX 580.

Don't have my VII anymore, but I disabled WEG and DRM works here with a RX 580.

Yes, with MacPro7,1 no need WEG and DRM works , here are the natively supported AMD GPU devices id :

Capture d’écran 2020-07-31 à 21.41.08.png

cool, but Netflix and PrimeVideo don't work for me in Safari, both with or without WEG! I noticed my VII is reported in Slot6, should I add a device property for my GPU SlotControl Number 0x1 just like I saw in your IOReg? Do you use AGPMEnabler without WEG? MacProNotificationDisable won't work without WEG too..

I'm currently using SSDTs (PLUG-EC-USBX-SBUS) + Lilu-VirtualSMC+AppleALC+IntelMausi+NVMEFix+TSCAdjust+USBmapping

Maybe can u veterans of hackintoshing :headbang: perform a deep check of my EFI? I learned a lot in the last year, started from scratch, but I think these are the kind of things requiring a master in the business (just joking).

Attached EFI e IOReg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • Mac Pro di Piero.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 57
  • Mac Pro di Piero.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
how to fix shutdown/restart for Asus Rog Strix X299 gaming II

Attachments

• LucyRTL8125Ethernet-1.0.0d6-DevBuild-06162020_120632.zip
    50.2 KB · Views: 34
how to fix shutdown/restart for Asus Rog Strix X299 gaming II

Your EFI and SSDT files aren't configured properly. Look at post 1 and don't use OpenCore configurator. Use ProperTree or PlistEdit Pro to edit your config files. Xcode also works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back