Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I works with big PDF (OCR ...) and multiple VVMM (Windows)
can I take the opportunity to ask you in which order to insert the PCIe cards in the relative slots?

Actually, until you answer my question, I can't help you. I have a different motherboard and entirely different setup, why are you asking me for these details? Makes no sense to me unless....did someone tell you to ask me all this? Someone on this board? Why would you ask for all these details about a completely unrelated system to yours? None of this makes sense, and until it does, I'm going to have drop out of this conversation.

Hey, I repeat, I'm writing a bit with my wake English and a bit with the help of google translator and I understand what I read here the same way. I asked you as 1) I thank
Actually, until you answer my question, I can't help you. I have a different motherboard and entirely different setup, why are you asking me for these details? Makes no sense to me unless....did someone tell you to ask me all this? Someone on this board? Why would you ask for all these details about a completely unrelated system to yours? None of this makes sense, and until it does, I'm going to have drop out of this conversation.
I asked you why 1) I thought there was nothing wrong 2) I thought you were more experienced than me 3) all the guides I have read always assume knowledge that I have not yet acquired 4) therefore I try to fill my gaps asking who is willing to answer me. I am sorry I stunned you with my questions and I will refrain from asking you any more questions

Hey, I repeat, I'm writing a bit with my wake English and a bit with the help of google translator and I understand what I read here the same way. I asked you as 1) I thank

I asked you why 1) I thought there was nothing wrong 2) I thought you were more experienced than me 3) all the guides I have read always assume knowledge that I have not yet acquired 4) therefore I try to fill my gaps asking who is willing to answer me. I am sorry I stunned you with my questions and I will refrain from asking you any more questions

The point is: you have a different motherboard than me, you have a different generation of processor and a different processor, you have a different bios with a lot different requirements to get it going, your PCI slot assignments are wildly different from mine, your ethernet is different, radically different, and yet you come to me? Makes no sense.

I referred you to a fairly complete EFI (and there are more of these on Github) that you could use immediately to help build your system with, based on the same motherboard you have and with help for the BIOS difference that doesn't affect me, and help for your 10G ethernet (again something I don't have), and yet you come to me? Makes no sense.

This is it: one last attempt to refer you to Github postings that could help you, and then I'm done.

djlild7hina: https://github.com/shinoki7/Asus-X299-Hackintosh (this guy has the same motherboard as you)
khronokernel: https://github.com/khronokernel/OpenCore-Asus-X299 (this guy actually wrote the Opencore guide!)
KGP: https://github.com/KGP/X299-System-SSDTs
here's another: https://github.com/topics/x299

Support forums from Acidanthera/Opencore Github:

And, all you really have to do is google the following: X299 Github, an you'll find a lot of postings that will help you. There are also postings on Insanelymac.com and Macrumors.com that might be of help to you. There's also a German hackintosh site, but if you're not German, you're back to using a tranlator website again. Whatever translator you are using to translate your language into English, it's terrible.

That's it for me. No more.....

Last edited:
Hi all.... weird question but my boot loader is on my Mac drive, an internal SSD. I have windows 10 on the NVME, two separate drives. The BIOS has defaulted back to loading the Windows boot manager first, bypassing my boot loader / Mac volume all together. I have the original X299 Prime Deluxe motherboard. When I select F2 or Delete to enter the BIOS, I just get a blank screen. I can not for the life of me access the setup/Bios settings.

Selecting F8 during boot up gave me the ability to select the Mac drive with the boot loader on it. When I selected Mac, my keyboard and mouse weren't recognized, so I had to hard reboot. This time when I selected F8, I selected "enter setup" to see if it would let me in that way, and it did the same thing: Blank screen. NOW, when I select F8 to try to get to the Mac drive, all I get is a blank screen! I can't even select the Mac disk because the quick select menu won't show up now.....

I have tried different monitors and different types of connections ie HDMI, Display port. I'm really going crazy. I have tried the Windows 10 route of going into settings, recovery, etc. to get the UEFI Bios set up page to display, but nothing will work. The computer boots into windows just fine. My problem is that the settings USED to show up with my monitor (using display port), and now all of a sudden it won't. I have tried removing all PCIE cards and just trying with the video card (Saphire Nitro plus 5700 XT), and I have taken the battery out and tried several BIOS resets. I don't know if it is the monitor, video card, motherboard, BIOS, what? Thank you for any help or experience you might have with this issue, if at all.... I am about to refresh the 3006 BIOS again, but does it still need to be patched?

EDIT: Reinstalled the BIOS using the Flash USB Bios update, and all is working fine again. It was such weird behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: dez
I report an issue with iStats Menu (legit version) on Catilina. With Mojave network traffic (download from Internet or Upload Inet/lan) is shown correctly. With Catilina and with the last iStats Menu version network traffic is not correctly shown. When I download from Internet (200mb fiber) I've no correct value. I tried iStatistica Pro too but same issue with network traffic. Someone has the same issue and if so how to solve or fix? Maybe it's because of lan kext?

I report an issue with iStats Menu (legit version) on Catilina. With Mojave network traffic (download from Internet or Upload Inet/lan) is shown correctly. With Catilina and with the last iStats Menu version network traffic is not correctly shown. When I download from Internet (200mb fiber) I've no correct value. I tried iStatistica Pro too but same issue with network traffic. Someone has the same issue and if so how to solve or fix? Maybe it's because of lan kext?

iStats hasn’t been updated for a while so it might be a bug. Have you updated to the Catalina Smalltree kext?

Hi all.... weird question but my boot loader is on my Mac drive, an internal SSD. I have windows 10 on the NVME, two separate drives. The BIOS has defaulted back to loading the Windows boot manager first, bypassing my boot loader / Mac volume all together. I have the original X299 Prime Deluxe motherboard. When I select F2 or Delete to enter the BIOS, I just get a blank screen. I can not for the life of me access the setup/Bios settings.

Selecting F8 during boot up gave me the ability to select the Mac drive with the boot loader on it. When I selected Mac, my keyboard and mouse weren't recognized, so I had to hard reboot. This time when I selected F8, I selected "enter setup" to see if it would let me in that way, and it did the same thing: Blank screen. NOW, when I select F8 to try to get to the Mac drive, all I get is a blank screen! I can't even select the Mac disk because the quick select menu won't show up now.....

I have tried different monitors and different types of connections ie HDMI, Display port. I'm really going crazy. I have tried the Windows 10 route of going into settings, recovery, etc. to get the UEFI Bios set up page to display, but nothing will work. The computer boots into windows just fine. My problem is that the settings USED to show up with my monitor (using display port), and now all of a sudden it won't. I have tried removing all PCIE cards and just trying with the video card (Saphire Nitro plus 5700 XT), and I have taken the battery out and tried several BIOS resets. I don't know if it is the monitor, video card, motherboard, BIOS, what? Thank you for any help or experience you might have with this issue, if at all.... I am about to refresh the 3006 BIOS again, but does it still need to be patched?

EDIT: Reinstalled the BIOS using the Flash USB Bios update, and all is working fine again. It was such weird behavior.

That happened to me several times with that board, I finally fixed it by installing Windows without the macOS drive installed at all and installing macOS without the Windows drive installed and then used a third usb drive to permanently place my Bootloader as well as removing the drive of the other OS when I was installing major OS updates/upgrades or re-installs, also removed the Bootloader usb stick during windows version upgrades or installs because Windows seems to like to hijack other drives for its needs

as an example, if you install windows 10 on two separate drives while both are installed the second drive will not contain any bootmanager of any kind and if you remove the first drive that does contain it the second drive will be unbootable on its own

iStats hasn’t been updated for a while so it might be a bug. Have you updated to the Catalina Smalltree kext?
No, please can you attach the updated kext here? Or give me the link of the repo?

No, please can you attach the updated kext here? Or give me the link of the repo?

On the smalltree site
or attached

Attachments

• SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext.zip
    97.9 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back