Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge pci-e card for thunderbolt 3 and with OC i used the same tb3 ssdt as i use with clover. Loaded in the config.plist but with OC peripherals are not connected.
Casey method is valid for my card too?

Last edited:
I use Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge pci-e card for thunderbolt 3 and with OC i used the same tb3 ssdt as i use with clover. Loaded in the config.plist but with OC peripherals are not connected.
Casey method is valid for my card too?

Double check ioreg to make sure it’s loaded. you probably have to adjust your SSDT to make sure the scope is PC00 and not PCI0. You also don’t need SSDT-DTPG.aml if you are using my EFI config.
Yes

Double check ioreg to make sure it’s loaded. you probably have to adjust your SSDT to make sure the scope is PC00 and not PCI0. You also don’t need SSDT-DTPG.aml if you are using my EFI config.
Yes
Please can you paste the link of Casey method for tb cards?

Ok, no worries....I just don't have all answers sometimes.....hope you get your issues worked out. Unfortunately, I don't know what they might be. A bad or no USB map can cause a real mess, but I'd be hard pressed to call that as your issue.....I just don't know, sorry.

Hi,
as I wrote in a post on the X299 OC support, I finally received all the material to make my build:

a. Motherboard: ASUS WS SAGE / 10G
b. Processor: INTEL i9-10940X
c. Cooling: AIO CORSAIR H150i PRO RGB
d. RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 C16 4X32GB
d. MacOS SSD: Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe
f. Windows 10 SSD: Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe
g. Graphics card: SAPPHIRE RADEON VII
h. WiFi / BT card: MQUPIN FENVI T919 BCM94360CD
h. TB3 Sheet: GIGABYTE TITAN RIDGE
i. NVMe to PCIe SSD Adapter Card: 2 x EZDIY-FAB PCI Express M.2 SSD NGFF PCIe Card to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter (storage solution with 2 x Sabrent Rocket Q 4TB SSD to put in RAID 0 configuration)
l. Power supply: LEADEX II 80 Plus Gold 1200 W
m. case: COOLER MASTER c700p

I know that you won't post here your EFI. On the other hand, since I've noticed that your build is particularly similar to mine and I'm a newbie with OC, I was wondering if you could make an exception with me so I can follow a more realistic matrix to assemble my EFI ... :p:p:):)

First of all, your system and mine are different, and yet, this post, and it's corresponding EFI, is almost completely identical to yours: https://github.com/shinoki7/Asus-X299-Hackintosh#base-efi-configuration

Why wouldn't you use that?
sorry, but my english doesn't help me to express myself as i would like. I noticed that you have the same graphics card and I wanted to compare the basic EFI with yours to have one more chance of not being wrong, since I'm still an apprentice

sorry, but my english doesn't help me to express myself as i would like. I noticed that you have the same graphics card and I wanted to compare the basic EFI with yours to have one more chance of not being wrong, since I'm still an apprentice

The graphics card isn't an issue. I have zero special configs for the Radeon VII. Use his EFI, and you'll be fine.

Another very important difference is that you have a different processor which will most probably require one of the 3xxx bios versions, which I don't have. That means you will probably need to load SSDT-AWAC, and make adjustments with your config, which I don't need because I use a different bios entirely. And he addresses those needs in his EFI and other issues in his post.

That means his EFI is much closer to your needs than mine would ever be. So, why aren't you going to use his?

Last edited:
The graphics card isn't an issue. I have zero special configs for the Radeon VII. Use his EFI, and you'll be fine.

Another very important difference is that you have a different processor which will most probably require one of the 3xxx bios versions, which I don't have. That means you will probably need to load SSDT-AWAC, and make adjustments with your config, which I don't need because I use a different bios entirely. And he addresses those needs in his EFI and other issues in his post.

That means his EFI is much closer to your needs than mine would ever be. So, why aren't you going to use his?
I works with big PDF (OCR ...) and multiple VVMM (Windows)
can I take the opportunity to ask you in which order to insert the PCIe cards in the relative slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back