Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try enabling ERP in bios, it cuts energy to everything during sleep.
I found what it was. 2 things:
- Ram needed to be downclocked to 3000Mhz instead of 3200Mhz.
- The ASRock Thunderbolt 3 card I'm using makes the system reboot at wake from sleep.
Once I remove the Thunderbolt 3 card and set the Ram sleep functions properly.
Any idea how to fix the Thunderbolt 3 card issue, if I enable ERP the issue is not solved.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes jump pins on both cards. Just copy the SSDT code from the pci-bridge to the other slot.
Here is mine (will create new UIDs) just trying to get some help from Casey because the ports are duplicated on the second card atm.
@djlild7hina so now that you've successfully implemented 2 of them simultaneously, it really looks like something is wrong with my setup.
I wasn't getting 2 cards to work, so I tried just the new card in slot 2, and getting the same failures as before: with BIOS TB3 enabled for slot 2, the devices work. As soon as I disable TB3 in BIOS those devices won't mount (although still show in System Info)...nvm50, same slots as you shared before, only one Titan Ridge plugged in right now to track down this problem. Unless it's a BIOS setting I can't figure out our difference.
I know you're still working on getting it sorted so no rush at all, but if you could take a look sometime I'd be grateful.
Thank you!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.1 MB · Views: 167
  • iMac Pro.ioreg
    17.8 MB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 10.38.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 10.38.59 PM.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 10.39.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 10.39.26 PM.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 69
@djlild7hina so now that you've successfully implemented 2 of them simultaneously, it really looks like something is wrong with my setup.
I wasn't getting 2 cards to work, so I tried just the new card in slot 2, and getting the same failures as before: with BIOS TB3 enabled for slot 2, the devices work. As soon as I disable TB3 in BIOS those devices won't mount (although still show in System Info)...nvm50, same slots as you shared before, only one Titan Ridge plugged in right now to track down this problem. Unless it's a BIOS setting I can't figure out our difference.
I know you're still working on getting it sorted so no rush at all, but if you could take a look sometime I'd be grateful.
Thank you!

So you tried having both TB3 cards in slot 2 and 3 with BIOS TB3 disabled with my SSDT? It should work...

What other cards do you have populated?

2. Titan Ridge
3. Titan Ridge

I found what it was. 2 things:
- Ram needed to be downclocked to 3000Mhz instead of 3200Mhz.
- The ASRock Thunderbolt 3 card I'm using makes the system reboot at wake from sleep.
Once I remove the Thunderbolt 3 card and set the Ram sleep functions properly.
Any idea how to fix the Thunderbolt 3 card issue, if I enable ERP the issue is not solved.

Thanks!

Never used a TB3 interface mate, really dunno! But TB3 has always been a pain in the b... for hacks

So you tried having both TB3 cards in slot 2 and 3 with BIOS TB3 disabled with my SSDT? It should work...

What other cards do you have populated?

2. Titan Ridge
3. Titan Ridge
Yes, I tried them both in slots 2 and 3 (your SSDT, and BIOS TB3 disabled) at first with no luck.
Back when I only had one card and was experimenting with moving it around I never really got past this. BIOS TB3 disabled usually gives me black screen if I boot with a TB3 device plugged in--won't even load BIOS and get code62.
Unless it's some issue with my video card, I tried removing WEG just for kicks and couldn't boot. For monitor I'm plugging HDMI into a miniDP adapter and into the WX 8200.
Also to confirm- are you connecting both Titan Ridges into your Graphics card via DP IN 1's? Now, with the 2nd card back in I get black screen and 62 Qcode whatever I do.

2. Titan Ridge (PC02)
3. Titan Ridge (can't boot to see where it shows up)
5.WX 8200 (PC01)
7.Broadcom BCM94360CD (PC01)

Attachments

• IMG_2129.JPG
    IMG_2129.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
Yes, I tried them both in slots 2 and 3 (your SSDT, and BIOS TB3 disabled) at first with no luck.
Back when I only had one card and was experimenting with moving it around I never really got past this. BIOS TB3 disabled usually gives me black screen if I boot with a TB3 device plugged in--won't even load BIOS and get code62.
Unless it's some issue with my video card, I tried removing WEG just for kicks and couldn't boot. For monitor I'm plugging HDMI into a miniDP adapter and into the WX 8200.
Also to confirm- are you connecting both Titan Ridges into your Graphics card via DP IN 1's? Now, with the 2nd card back in I get black screen and 62 Qcode whatever I do.

2. Titan Ridge (PC02)
3. Titan Ridge (can't boot to see where it shows up)
5.WX 8200 (PC01)
7.Broadcom BCM94360CD (PC01)

No DPs in the Titan Ridge cards, think I'm going to return my second titan ridge and caldigit dock since I can't get display out working. Has issues with a real mac unfortunately so it might be a driver issue.

I'm not sure why you can't boot. Looks like code 62 is an issue with the GPU. can you try swapping the GPU to slot one and then adjusting the SSDT for titan ridge in 3,4? Try one titan ridge then add another one.

No DPs in the Titan Ridge cards, think I'm going to return my second titan ridge and caldigit dock since I can't get display out working. Has issues with a real mac unfortunately so it might be a driver issue.

I'm not sure why you can't boot. Looks like code 62 is an issue with the GPU. can you try swapping the GPU to slot one and then adjusting the SSDT for titan ridge in 3,4? Try one titan ridge then add another one.
Oh sorry to hear they're not working out for you. For me it's about RAIDs and capture/playback video devices, not really displays. I had a Caldigit TB2 dock that worked mostly--but I never tried it for display devices...

It seems GPU related to me too. I shouldn't have strayed from the popular cards, but here I am. I'll move the cards and try giving the SSDT an adjustment. Don't be surprised if you hear from me for that :wave:

2 notes:
-While looking for solutions I flashed to BIOS 3101 just to try, and it actually did let me enter setup and showed me the Opencore Picker. When I selected one it would hang there though. Back on 905 now and again can't even get to Setup--just the code 62.
-You had the Titan Ridge cards just plugged into the slot (and of course power cables and internal USB), but nothing plugged exterior? Good to know the DP's aren't necessary.

Oh sorry to hear they're not working out for you. For me it's about RAIDs and capture/playback video devices, not really displays. I had a Caldigit TB2 dock that worked mostly--but I never tried it for display devices...

It seems GPU related to me too. I shouldn't have strayed from the popular cards, but here I am. I'll move the cards and try giving the SSDT an adjustment. Don't be surprised if you hear from me for that :wave:

2 notes:
-While looking for solutions I flashed to BIOS 3101 just to try, and it actually did let me enter setup and showed me the Opencore Picker. When I selected one it would hang there though. Back on 905 now and again can't even get to Setup--just the code 62.
-You had the Titan Ridge cards just plugged into the slot (and of course power cables and internal USB), but nothing plugged exterior? Good to know the DP's aren't necessary.

I guess I didn’t really need the dock but it would’ve been nice to have everything plugged in on my desk and clean up my wires. Just going to buy a usb hub and save the money lol.
For BIOS 3101 did you patch it first with UEFITool and add SSDT-AWAC? Also remember to enable 4G Encoding and disable CSM.

Yup cards in with nothing or the Caldigit dock in one of them. Both cards with jumped pins 3 and 5 and usb 2 cable, one card with dual 6 pins. I’ve noticed that plugging in a USB 2 device causes instant wake from sleep. Might just be my usb hub that’s causing it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back