Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last, I've managed to test ASUS Prime X299-A II after 2 months of sitting at home.

The patched BIOS and SSDT for CPU did the 'start' magic.

Other SSDTs were adapted from ASUS Prime X299-A.

GC-Titan Ridge controller was flashed with a patched firmware (thanks to @CaseySJ and @Elias64Fr :clap:) using a universal PRO programmer ChipProg-40 (it's good to have access to such things :)).
Adapt SSDT-X299A2-TB3-2SLOT.aml according to this guide.

Attaching EFI (w/o themes folder and IDs in config.plist) and UEFIpatch for patching BIOS (after patching rename file to X299A2.CAP and use BIOS Flashback).

Fenvi FV-T919 is installed in PCIEX1_2.
Adapt SSDT-X299A2-WIFI-BT.aml if you put it in another slot.

Can I ask which firmware version you used for the GC-TR card? NVM 23, 33, 50 or NVM50_14B?

Last edited:
Nice work mate, I got a 1st version X299-A and a Fenvi card too. Could you explain why one would need a SSDT for Fenvi card? In general, there's a functional reason to use all the SSDTs you're currently using? I'm on OpenCore and I'm just using basic required SSDTs for OpenCore. I'm asking because my Wifi (Fenvi card) is rock solid but my Bluetooth (Fenvi card also) is causing me a little bit of problems.
It's just a cosmetic SSDT.

Can I ask which firmware version you used for the GC-TR card? NVM 23, 33, 50 or NVM50_14B?
It's NVM 23.

Just got my CalDigit TS3 Plus in. Installed drivers and updated firmware.

Initial impressions:
USB Ports work, ethernet works, Sleep/Wake, and Display output works!! Will test more things and update this post but so far very cool! Credits to @CaseySJ and @Elias64Fr for their hardwork!

Edit:
Tests done on NVM23 and NVM50
Some weird observations:
1. No drivers loaded if starting from cold boot. A reboot fixes this.
2. Everything becomes laggy on certain boots with a display plugged into DisplayPort. Unplugging it fixes.

I'm not sure if these issues are from the dock firmware or the flashed. However, these are minor issues so I'm pretty happy :)

I have my second Titan Ridge card coming in tomorrow so I'll try to see if both are recognized (I would assume so) and switch the CalDigit between them. Also for WS X299 Sage and Sage 10G users, try to put your Titan Ridge cards on another PC0 bus? (not sure what these are called :lol:).

If you put the Titan Ridge card in Slot-2 and enable thunderbolt in the BIOS, It'll appear under PC00->RP05 (which is fine).
However if you don't enable thunderbolt in the BIOS, it'll appear under PC02->BR2A-pci-bridge@9.

My current setup is
1. N/A
2. GC-Titan Ridge Card (Thunderbolt Settings Disabled)
3. N/A
4. N/A
5. RX 580
6. N/A
7. Broadcom WIFI/BT Card

With this setup, the TB3 card is under PC02 and the RX 580 and Broadcom are under PC01. If they are all on the same one, macOS won't load with the SSDT enabled.

Last edited:
Another update: Received my second card and flashed. Both appear to work aside some cosmetic issues that I need to fix. Currently in slots 2 and 3 with thunderbolt settings in BIOS disabled.

Another update: Received my second card and flashed. Both appear to work aside some cosmetic issues that I need to fix. Currently in slots 2 and 3 with thunderbolt settings in BIOS disabled.
Should have my 2nd one today! Did you go with Firmware 23 or 50?

Should have my 2nd one today! Did you go with Firmware 23 or 50?

nvm50 on both. Requires a reboot on cold boot for the drivers on the caldigit to be recognized but that’s minor.

At last, I've managed to test ASUS Prime X299-A II after 2 months of sitting at home.

The patched BIOS and SSDT for CPU did the 'start' magic.

Other SSDTs were adapted from ASUS Prime X299-A.

GC-Titan Ridge controller was flashed with a patched firmware (thanks to @CaseySJ and @Elias64Fr :clap:) using a universal PRO programmer ChipProg-40 (it's good to have access to such things :)).
Adapt SSDT-X299A2-TB3-2SLOT.aml according to this guide.

Attaching EFI (w/o themes folder and IDs in config.plist) and UEFIpatch for patching BIOS (after patching rename file to X299A2.CAP and use BIOS Flashback).

Fenvi FV-T919 is installed in PCIEX1_2.
Adapt SSDT-X299A2-WIFI-BT.aml if you put it in another slot.
Hi there,

thanks for the info.
I'm implementing the same board with an i9 9940X and RX 5700 XT
Only issue I have is wake from sleep.
I'm using the same drivers as they're in your EFI configuration.

Any idea why?
Thanks.

This is great news.
Just to confirm, you're jumping pins in both cards?

And how should the TB3 SSDT be so they both show up?
Thanks!

This is great news.
Just to confirm, you're jumping pins in both cards?

And how should the TB3 SSDT be so they both show up?
Thanks!

Yes jump pins on both cards. Just copy the SSDT code from the pci-bridge to the other slot.
Here is mine (will create new UIDs) just trying to get some help from Casey because the ports are duplicated on the second card atm.

Attachments

• SSDT-PC02-BR2A-2.aml
    4.3 KB · Views: 54
Hi there,

thanks for the info.
I'm implementing the same board with an i9 9940X and RX 5700 XT
Only issue I have is wake from sleep.
I'm using the same drivers as they're in your EFI configuration.

Any idea why?
Thanks.
Try enabling ERP in bios, it cuts energy to everything during sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back