Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I'm still on NVM23 since I dont have my raspberry pi anymore. I'm not sure what the difference between the two but I'm going to try the non 14B version since it didn't cause reboot issues for gandem.

Thanks for the reply. 14B seems like the one i'm also going to try but my raspberry pi is on back order, so for me it may be a while..

Yes, just make sure it's still under PC01, otherwise you need to adapt to PC02-> BR2A. It's weird that it recognizes it plugs in but shows no drivers installed.
Actually it came up in PC02. No luck so far in slot 3. I had renamed the ADR to 0x00080000. So I went in to the SSDT and changed all PC01's to PC02 and all BR1A's to BR2A. I noticed that the IOThunderboltPort@7 had become empty, and also noticed the DROM values of the SSDT were back to the default--so I put back in the values I was using before, but it still seems not activated (except System Report looks ok). See anything?
EDIT: There was no Thunderbolt Device plugged in when I made the IOReg copy-not sure if that makes a difference...

Attachments

• Slot 3, PC02.ioreg
    17.2 MB · Views: 40
  • SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 45
Actually it came up in PC02. No luck so far in slot 3. I had renamed the ADR to 0x00080000. So I went in to the SSDT and changed all PC01's to PC02 and all BR1A's to BR2A. I noticed that the IOThunderboltPort@7 had become empty, and also noticed the DROM values of the SSDT were back to the default--so I put back in the values I was using before, but it still seems not activated (except System Report looks ok). See anything?
EDIT: There was no Thunderbolt Device plugged in when I made the IOReg copy-not sure if that makes a difference...

You also need to update SL01 to SL05.

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 47
You also need to update SL01 to SL05.
That didn't do it for me, I tried slot 1 as well. Now I've put it back into slot 2 where I started and reloaded the old SSDT. It seems like whatever I do, Thunderbolt comes up under PC02 in IOReg. I'll have more time tomorrow- thinking about trying to flash back to 23 and see if I can get back to where I started and then regroup. I ordered another Titan ridge also, in case can get this working. Thanks!

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.47.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.47.04 PM.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 41
That didn't do it for me, I tried slot 1 as well. Now I've put it back into slot 2 where I started and reloaded the old SSDT. It seems like whatever I do, Thunderbolt comes up under PC02 in IOReg. I'll have more time tomorrow- thinking about trying to flash back to 23 and see if I can get back to where I started and then regroup. I ordered another Titan ridge also, in case can get this working. Thanks!

if you put it back in slot 2, make sure to enable thunderbolt in your BIOS. I don’t have any thunderbolt devices to test atm but I ordered a caldigit dock. I’ll be testing next week!

my big lags also take a few seconds to go away, I just have micro lags here and there and they are, trust me, really short lived like 1/3 of a second. The way I notice it? if u connect a bluetooth headphone u can hear these micro lags affecting even audio. It's hard to explain I know. Think this way: let's say u got music playin via Bluetooth and meanwhile u open a safari tab or simply switch from music app to Safari, u can see a super fast hiccup on screen synced with hiccup on audio. Strangely thin not happens with wired audio. Believe me, this is driving me mad. I'm still incline to believe this is a GPU driver related stuff. The fact that everything wrong goes away putting system to sleep and waking it up is the final shot at my psych integrity :p Many report of various problem are present even on Apple Support website and other forums. People are incline to think on unoptimized Navi / Vega 20 drivers fault 'cause all kind of problems similar and even more badass are reported for 16" MBP (Navi) and MacPro's Pro VegaII (Vega 20) and WX 5700XT (Navi). I think there's nothing more to try, I just have to wait and see if driver maturing will solve these. Thanks for your support and patience.

EDIT: It's worth noting that prior to 10.15.3 everything worked smooth and I use the same EFI. It's also worth noting that the FaceTime/Zoom/Meet etc. macOS problem which affected a lot of people and found place even on big tech website, was later described as an issue with recent drivers and videochat apps need for video encoding (so GPU usage here). Cannot be a coincidence that I got problems since 15.3 then, and right now again my FaceTime was unusable then and now it is, but it's still slow to open and camera fps is rubbish.

Hey there, any update on your end with this? Just curious if you found a solution or if you gave up and went back to 10.15.3

Sometimes there is so much stress with a hackintoch when you need the machine to really work. There are stability problems that make you want to just install a Windows and leave this whole time consuming thing :))

My 10.15.5 was apparently working until I started video editing a project properly and I had the system completely freezing. The other system sometimes does that as well. Doesn’t like chrome at all, I can only work on Safari.

And to add salt to the wound, not having Nvidia on Mac is really not a good move for Apple, certainly not for video editors :))

Updated to macOS 10.5.5 Supplemental update (19F101) with OpenCore 0.5.9 and updated my github. Easy :)

Last edited:
Hey there, any update on your end with this? Just curious if you found a solution or if you gave up and went back to 10.15.3

Sometimes there is so much stress with a hackintoch when you need the machine to really work. There are stability problems that make you want to just install a Windows and leave this whole time consuming thing :))

My 10.15.5 was apparently working until I started video editing a project properly and I had the system completely freezing. The other system sometimes does that as well. Doesn’t like chrome at all, I can only work on Safari.

And to add salt to the wound, not having Nvidia on Mac is really not a good move for Apple, certainly not for video editors :))

I updated to OC 0.5.9 and 10.15.5 SU, removed Whatevergreen, MemoryNotificationDisabler and AGPM Injector kexts and added RadeonBoost.kext. Metal scores in GB 5 went dramatically up (on par with Pro Vega II in 90.000+ space) but I still see a few seconds of lags and general problems after login and I think kexts are not related to this behavior. Actually I'm hoping general improvement in 10.16, we'll see at WWDC!

At last, I've managed to test ASUS Prime X299-A II after 2 months of sitting at home.

The patched BIOS and SSDT for CPU did the 'start' magic.

Other SSDTs were adapted from ASUS Prime X299-A.

GC-Titan Ridge controller was flashed with a patched firmware (thanks to @CaseySJ and @Elias64Fr :clap:) using a universal PRO programmer ChipProg-40 (it's good to have access to such things :)).
Adapt SSDT-X299A2-TB3-2SLOT.aml according to this guide.

Attaching EFI (w/o themes folder and IDs in config.plist) and UEFIpatch for patching BIOS (after patching rename file to X299A2.CAP and use BIOS Flashback).

Fenvi FV-T919 is installed in PCIEX1_2.
Adapt SSDT-X299A2-WIFI-BT.aml if you put it in another slot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.03.40.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.03.40.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.04.34.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.04.34.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.05.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.05.25.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.05.43.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.05.43.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.06.08.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.06.08.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.07.28.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.07.28.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.08.20.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 16.08.20.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 107
  • UEFIPatch.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
  • x299a2-back.jpg
    x299a2-back.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 119
  • x299a2-internal.jpg
    x299a2-internal.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 115
At last, I've managed to test ASUS Prime X299-A II after 2 months of sitting at home.

The patched BIOS and SSDT for CPU did the 'start' magic.

Other SSDTs were adapted from ASUS Prime X299-A.

GC-Titan Ridge controller was flashed with a patched firmware (thanks to @CaseySJ and @Elias64Fr :clap:) using a universal PRO programmer ChipProg-40 (it's good to have access to such things :)).
Adapt SSDT-X299A2-TB3-2SLOT.aml according to this guide.

Attaching EFI (w/o themes folder and IDs in config.plist) and UEFIpatch for patching BIOS (after patching rename file to X299A2.CAP and use BIOS Flashback).

Fenvi FV-T919 is installed in PCIEX1_2.
Adapt SSDT-X299A2-WIFI-BT.aml if you put it in another slot.

Nice work mate, I got a 1st version X299-A and a Fenvi card too. Could you explain why one would need a SSDT for Fenvi card? In general, there's a functional reason to use all the SSDTs you're currently using? I'm on OpenCore and I'm just using basic required SSDTs for OpenCore. I'm asking because my Wifi (Fenvi card) is rock solid but my Bluetooth (Fenvi card also) is causing me a little bit of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back