Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might not be a good solution but it seems stable for now, no lags. I mean there is a bit of a slow start after password about 15-20s but then it's quite stable and no lags.

1. I've updated the system to 10.15.5 (the new update is out, went smooth with 3 restarts with OC)
I had fewer lags within the system at this point but Youtube was still messing around.

2. I changed in bios the following:
/AI Tweaker/
AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "8"
AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "12"
CPU Core Ratio: Sync All Cores

Here are the temps:
Idle CPU temp 32-33°C
Under full load 70-72°C

Cinebench R20 is scoring higher from 7100 points when it was set to auto and no offsets, now to 8499 points.

Still under patched bios version 3101.

I will now give it a go with bios 2002 default settings in AI Tweaker

Ohh... that was a bit of time waste, downgrading to bios 2002 and removing SSDT-AWAC.aml
Is still lagging as hell. I'm switching back to bios patched 3101 with SSDT-AWAC.aml.

I think this is related to having sync all cores, for some reason, it likes it better like that. But bringing the slides high so I don't completely melt my CPU. If I have the offsets as KPG had them
AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"

My CPU is reaching 108°C during benchmark :)) So yeah the higher I slide the numbers, the lower it pushes the CPU limit.

@pieropontra and @InsomnIaHackintosh have you tried adding shikigva=128? Not sure if it'll help but it fixed DRM issues with NetFlix. I'm using MacPro7,1 SMBIOS and OpenCore 0.5.8View attachment 472225

I got no DRM issues, it's surely something related with GPU acceleration in macOS. It affects the initial OS warmup (the 10-15 seconds post password/login), Address Book (becomes unresponsive when you try to modify a contact). Facetime (the webcam is sluggish and sometimes freezes completely). Strangely, if you put the machine in sleep and the u wake it up, everything goes well smooth. Really I lost my head on this for days with no success, given the fact I only got a Radeon VII, but I'm incline to suppose this is a Navi / Vega related issue with drivers. I haven't read no one with Polaris having such a issue (other websites) and some genuine mac users affected too. I can't remember the process name atm, but has been identifyed as related to the drivers for Vega 20 (the newer 7nm like the VII) and all Navi cards.

I hope this clears minds here, hopefully someone will popup here with a solution. Should we all switch back to the glorious RX580? Probably ;-)

By the Way, I'm on MacPro7,1 and 0.5.8 too

I got no DRM issues, it's surely something related with GPU acceleration in macOS. It affects the initial OS warmup (the 10-15 seconds post password/login), Address Book (becomes unresponsive when you try to modify a contact). Facetime (the webcam is sluggish and sometimes freezes completely). Strangely, if you put the machine in sleep and the u wake it up, everything goes well smooth. Really I lost my head on this for days with no success, given the fact I only got a Radeon VII, but I'm incline to suppose this is a Navi / Vega related issue with drivers. I haven't read no one with Polaris having such a issue (other websites) and some genuine mac users affected too. I can't remember the process name atm, but has been identifyed as related to the drivers for Vega 20 (the newer 7nm like the VII) and all Navi cards.

I hope this clears minds here, hopefully someone will popup here with a solution. Should we all switch back to the glorious RX580? Probably ;-)

By the Way, I'm on MacPro7,1 and 0.5.8 too

Yeah, just realized it probably wouldn't help so I deleted my post but you beat me lol. Very interesting information. I'm back on a RX 580 so I'm not seeing those issues lol

Yeah, just realized it probably wouldn't help so I deleted my post but you beat me lol. Very interesting information. I'm back on a RX 580 so I'm not seeing those issues lol

Who cares about 13 TFlops if u cannot do a video call :p

Edit: You know what? I'm using Windows 10 since a couple of weeks, haven't touched windows daily since I think 15 years and... I gotta say Redmond did a good job here, I quite like it.

giving it a last try before I give up :silent: Could anyone have a look at my config and check if there is anything there which stops the USBMap to be loaded/applied?

thanks, that's what I did (the guide). hmm..

EDIT: I played with the kext and my config.plist but it seem I can't get the USBMap kext properly loaded. Also fail to enable proper logs to see what's happening :banghead: Don't quite get the different properties related to debugging/logging...

attaching my config.plist and USBmap. Maybe somebody here has the time and leisure to have a look... Thanks!

On my old X299 Prime Deluxe, I had mine in Slot 5, and I had to re-do the AML for it. Then I moved it, and again I re-did the AML again. So you can move it around, but to get the best out of it, your TB AML should be adapted to the slot it's placed in. It might work without the AML correctly compiled for the designated slot, but you must have at least an X4 slot for it. It works in an X8 or x16 slot as well.

On my old Asus X99 motherboard, I had it in Slot 5, and it worked there. There was nothing in the manual for a preferred slot. (I just checked the manual - I still have it, and there's nothing I found about a suggested slot for the TB Card.) But, if your motherboard manual suggests a slot, use it if you can. More importantly, is that what you must do, is in the BIOS, for the section that handles TB configuration is to properly identify the slot that the TB card is in. It really won't work until that matches.

So, one way it might work is to connect it (the TB Card) is to put it in the slot you want, and then go into the BIOS and check there for the available slot assignments (in the BIOS, under the Thunderbolt configuration, look there for PCIe assignments). If the slot you put the TB card in is available, you're good to go to try and see if you can get it to work.

And, you may have to move some stuff around until you can find a slot for the TB card, and your two graphics cards. Good luck.

I'm looking through my TB AML that works well with my Titan Ridge in slot 2, but I'd like to edit it to allow me to move to another slot. I'm not seeing anything that refers to the PCI slot here- could you point me towards which fields you changed in yours?
I'd love to know more about SSDT structure and what's happening.
(This is the one I'm using--it was gifted by @djlild7hina)

Thank you!

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 68
I'm looking through my TB AML that works well with my Titan Ridge in slot 2, but I'd like to edit it to allow me to move to another slot. I'm not seeing anything that refers to the PCI slot here- could you point me towards which fields you changed in yours?

Thank you!

are you using a flashed card? if not, it can only be used in slot-2

are you using a flashed card? if not, it can only be used in slot-2
Hello there! Yes it is flashed and DROM adjusted. I'm experimenting a bit and trying to expand my knowledge in case it ends up being possible to use 2 Titan Ridges together with one Sage/10G. I ended up jumping pins 3 and 5 as you mentioned in the other thread and it's working in Slot 2.
Have you had already had success in other slots? You're help has been wonderful.
Thank you!

Thank you!

Sorry, that's its been too long ago......I changed boards a long time ago, (that's a really old post) and don't recall that old config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back