Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you mapped HS07 to internal? What happens if you disable that port in your usb kext?
Might help to check your usb devices and unplug to narrow down which device is causing the issue.

well good catch... seems like my USBMap.kext does nothing. Can deactivate whatever I want, will still have the same ports active (which happen to be those 15 I choose initially)... No clue why. (On OpenCore, do you use the kext only? No .aml file, right? - tried it with both though, didn't work either. Added them to the plist as well)

well good catch... seems like my USBMap.kext does nothing. Can deactivate whatever I want, will still have the same ports active (which happen to be those 15 I choose initially)... No clue why. (On OpenCore, do you use the kext only? No .aml file, right? - tried it with both though, didn't work either. Added them to the plist as well)

Yes USBKext only. Can follow the guide to create a usb kext. https://dortania.github.io/USB-Map-Guide/

Yes USBKext only. Can follow the guide to create a usb kext. https://dortania.github.io/USB-Map-Guide/

thanks, that's what I did (the guide). hmm..

EDIT: I played with the kext and my config.plist but it seem I can't get the USBMap kext properly loaded. Also fail to enable proper logs to see what's happening :banghead: Don't quite get the different properties related to debugging/logging...

attaching my config.plist and USBmap. Maybe somebody here has the time and leisure to have a look... Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.1 KB · Views: 73
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
@zebalo Hey you might be able to solve the KP on wake by moving the culprit NVMe drive to another m.2 socket.
That is what - rather oddly - solved it for me. I have two drives placed in two sockets and reversing their placements allows the system to wake up from sleep OK.

thanks, that's what I did (the guide). hmm..

EDIT: I played with the kext and my config.plist but it seem I can't get the USBMap kext properly loaded. Also fail to enable proper logs to see what's happening :banghead: Don't quite get the different properties related to debugging/logging...

attaching my config.plist and USBmap. Maybe somebody here has the time and leisure to have a look... Thanks!
If you wish to have a full log report, you need to use to debug version of OpenCore; not the release. Target on config.plist must also be set to 67.

About sleep & USB ... I haven't been able to wake the machine up by Bluetooth for ages. If I remember correctly it is because power is not supplied to USB during S3 sleep and that is just the way it is on the X299. And I am fine with that.

But, I have noticed that on wake there is an error like this in the syslog for each of the four USB controllers on the board:
Code:
AppleUSBHostController::hardwareExceptionThreadCallGated(unsigned int)> 019557.739698 XHCI@14000000: AppleUSBHostController::hardwareExceptionThreadCallGated: 0x00000100

followed by, again for each of the USB controllers:
Code:
AppleUSBHostController::hardwareExceptionThreadCallGated(unsigned int)> 019560.294096 XHCI@14000000: AppleUSBHostController::hardwareExceptionThreadCallGated: attempting recovery

After that it takes a while for all the devices to get enumerated and also the bluetooth devices to get reconnected.

Any tips on how to get rid of the errors and speed up the process on wake? USB map is in created and bluetooth is from BCM43602.

@JimmyS
Waking an X299 machine via bluetooth is actually possible. I do it all the time.
Before with a PCIe Wifi/BT Combo Card BRCM4331 connected thru HS9/0.
BT Connection was horrible so I changed the hardware.
Now with a USB BT Dongle connected to HS 11/0.

See my I/OREg after waking up my hack with BT keyboard.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 16.33.48.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MKMJGO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Working OOB. No drivers needed.

Last edited:
@JimmyS
Waking an X299 machine via bluetooth is actually possible. I do it all the time.
Before with a PCIe Wifi/BT Combo Card BRCM4331 connected thru HS9/0.
BT Connection was horrible so I changed the hardware.
Now with a USB BT Dongle connected to HS 11/0.

See my I/OREg after waking up my hack with BT keyboard.

View attachment 471762

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MKMJGO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Working OOB. No drivers needed.

Does that USB dongle support handoff and stuff? I’ve noticed if you use a Wifi/BT combo with a M.2 adapter wake from bluetooth doesn’t work. I use a BCM94360CD in a PCI-E Slot and wake from bluetooth works fine.

Looking at the system report, it does not seem that handoff is supported ( neither my previous Combo Pcie card ).
However BT works perfectly with my keyboard and Bose Headphones. 20/30ft. I use them extensively.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 19.38.18.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back