Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @eiriasemrys

I checked and they are correct as per KPG's instructions:

AVX offset is: 2
AVX-512: 3

Sorry yes, I have 2 identical system, the only difference being the processor 7980Xe and the other machine having the 9980XE. I am now working on updating the 7980XE one to Catalina.

Thanks @eiriasemrys

I checked and they are correct as per KPG's instructions:

AVX offset is: 2
AVX-512: 3

Sorry yes, I have 2 identical system, the only difference being the processor 7980Xe and the other machine having the 9980XE. I am now working on updating the 7980XE one to Catalina.

Let me take a look at what I have and I will make a suggestion. I think I have it at AVX: 5 and AVX-512: 3. 2-4 were unstable AVX offsets for me.

EDIT: But, if you had it stable in Mojave, it is probably not related to AVX.

@Feartech @eiriasemrys

So that was disappointing :)) It did go with -v until this screen attached during the installation has frozen.

I have the updated clover and in the Kext folder, all the new marked in green the old ones copied over marked blue.
For the purpose of the installation, I only have the Vega64 connected for now.

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_3875 (1).jpg
    IMG_3875 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
I have the same setup can you please share your efi? Thanks!

I switched to OC and you can find my efi in my github repo. OpenCore EFI Folder Distributions
Since you have the Original sage and Non 10G. There will be some things to adjust.
1. TSCAdjustReset.kext, X299USB.kext
2. SSDT-ANS, SSDT-ARPT, SSDT-ETH, SSDT-TB3 (Mine is adjusted for a flashed titan ridge), SSDT-XHC.

Nice one, will give it a go! Thanks!

Quick question, what bios version are you using?

Never used OC before.

I have BIOS v2002 as well.

Goes through, went for the installer and then it loads for a while and black screen.
(I've switched with the RX 5700 XT since I've seen yours has that.

1. TSCAdjustReset.kext (replaced with mine)
X299USB.kext removed since I haven't had one.

2. SSDT-ARPT, SSDT-ETH (removed since I haven't had them)
SSDT-ANS, SSDT-X299-TB3HP, SSDT-X299-XHC. (added from my patches)

Attached my folder.

Please advise? :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
Never used OC before.

I have bios v2002 as well.

Goes through, went for the installer and then it loads for a while and black screen.
(I've switched with the 5700XT since I've seen yours has that.

1. TSCAdjustReset.kext (replaced with mine)
X299USB.kext removed since I haven't had one.

2. SSDT-ARPT, SSDT-ETH (removed since I haven't had them)
SSDT-ANS, SSDT-X299-TB3HP, SSDT-X299-XHC. (added from my patches)

Attached my folder.

Please advise? :)

That looks like izo's EFI and not mine. Please do not just copy the EFI over and expect it to work. OpenCore is very different than clover and requires some adjustments. I highly recommend you to review the OpenCore guide.

Kexts, Drivers, SSDT files, and tools have to specified in the config.plist file. They can't just be copied over like Clover.

SSDT:
* Folder: EFI-OC-ACPI
* config: ACPI-Add
Drivers:
* Folder: EFI-OC-Drivers
* config: UEFI-Drivers
Kexts:
* Folder: EFI-OC-Kexts
* config: Kernel-Add
Tools:
* Folder: EFI-OC-Tools
* config: Misc-tools

Also you will need to add your serial information (MLB, Serial Number, UUID) under the PlatformInfo sections. Generate a MacPro7,1

Try the attached EFI, Good luck!

Attachments

• OC_EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
you will need to use a later version of clover

Many thanks, Feartech and eiriasemrys for the input. I did manage to install and use all the original KPG setup that was originally in place. I only changed in bios AVX: 5 and AVX-512:3 as eiriasemrys suggested. (Bios version 2002)

I've updated the drivers and clover. Now everything seems to work including 5700XT and hot pug for TB.
I am now typing from 10.15.3.

I do have some system freezes when I'm rendering intensely, please find attached the panic reports after the restart.
Any idea how to fix them?

Attachments

• Panic.pdf
    39.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Panic 2.pdf
    37.6 KB · Views: 86
Many thanks, Feartech and eiriasemrys for the input. I did manage to install and use all the original KPG setup that was originally in place. I only changed in bios AVX: 5 and AVX-512:3 as eiriasemrys suggested. (Bios version 2002)

I've updated the drivers and clover. Now everything seems to work including 5700XT and hot pug for TB.
I am now typing from 10.15.3.

I do have some system freezes when I'm rendering intensely, please find attached the panic reports after the restart.
Any idea how to fix them?
maybe run a First Aid on your hard drive

also remove boot argument: debug=0x100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back