Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that RX 5700 XT could work without Whatevergreen kext.
Do you have any explanation ?
I tried with my POWERCOLOR Red Dragon RX 5700 XT, and it failed
me too, very strange..

I bought "SAPPHIRE RX 5700 XT" which people said it's native supported.

And it's real, I donnot need Whatevergreen kext.

Attachments

• abc.png
    abc.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 73

The reference models work without WEG as their port configs are "natively" supported by the AMDX6000.kext. Other OEM cards, which have different port layouts require WEG. That's my understanding.

Broadcom BCM94360CD IIRC

Just feedback a weird case.

When I am using 10.15.14, if I install xcode by "App Store", the system would be crashed and cannot be booted anymore ( the only way is reinstall the system ).

But if I install xcode by downloaded file "Xcode_11.4.xip" , every thing goes perfect. :sick:

The reference models work without WEG as their port configs are "natively" supported by the AMDX6000.kext. Other OEM cards, which have different port layouts require WEG. That's my understanding.
thanks !!

Just feedback a weird case.

When I am using 10.15.14, if I install xcode by "App Store", the system would be crashed and cannot be booted anymore ( the only way is reinstall the system ).

But if I install xcode by downloaded file "Xcode_11.4.xip" , every thing goes perfect. :sick:
I have never ever used the AppStore to install Xcode. My job requires me to have backup copies of Xcode and installing it across 3-4 systems, so I always download the xip archive.

I have the same Nitro. I never managed to make it work properlyCatalina 10.15.3. Are you saying take out WG an no flag? So far I used it as a secondary GPU an the primary was a Vega 64. With the 5700XT only I managed to get very laggy system or only the HDMI port would work.

Also, what’s your metal score for geekbench

MB: Asus Safe x299 Sage(base)

Can you please advise?
Also, what’s your metal score for geekbench5?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back