Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing a kext for the RX5700XT ? should be native right ?
I can't boot in the installer black screen

and what firmware bios firmware version for the X299 asus prime are you using ?

booted into the install with the RX5700XT with boot flag "agdpmod=pikera" but then got the same reboot problem At "10 mn remaining" so it's not the graphics since the GT170 is kepler native
I don't get it my bios settings are from kgp's Mojave guide bios version 1503
4G Decoding: Off and VT-d: Disabled

booted into the install with the RX5700XT with boot flag "agdpmod=pikera" but then got the same reboot problem At "10 mn remaining" so it's not the graphics since the GT170 is kepler native
I don't get it my bios settings are from kgp's Mojave guide bios version 1503
4G Decoding: Off and VT-d: Disabled

Bios 1503.

Is the CSM disabled in the MB bios?

By the way, after it reboot, you have to boot into where you install the macOS from the clover page, or it will boot up from the USB again....

Hi, thanks for taking the time to help
the install stage 1 goes fine then stage 2 boot from install on sssd
would reboot at 10 mn remaining.
the problem was from the bios settings from kgp’s guide witch I followed to the letter
The guide settings overcloked too much for install to finish
it installed fine with optimized settings, Ram frequency, clock ratio 100 and Xmp
so now I will gradually overclock the delided i9-7980xe
pfew! That was a harsh one 2 weeks of struggling in the dark!

the problem was from the bios settings from kgp’s guide witch I followed to the letter
it installed fine with optimized settings, Ram frequency, clock ratio 100 and Xmp

I have to thank you, I don't know why, but My x299 wasn't able to boot up following KPG's guide, cause I was migrating from x99 to x299 with Catalina. I have look through the site and all other Asus X299 with an 18 cores just not able to boot for me, till I used you EFI.... Now I'm trying to implement the SSDT from KPG, but It don't seems correct to me.... I wish KPG is still here....

Can I ask if your Thunderbolt card is working?

Not really a Hackintosh question, but looking for some help/advice. Got a new MSI RX580 GPU, installed it and expected to be off. Instead it won't even post, I keep getting an Asus error saying Update VGA BIOS. No clue why or how it's saying it. I did update the BIOS on the GPU and even on the motherboard nevertheless, and still nothing. No picture, no BIOS screen.

Anyone run into this issue?

Can someone please help me build an EFI that would boot on Catalina? I'm currently running Mojave Guides from @kgp;

I've tried both of these downloads from djlild7hina
But this Clover and Open Core seem not being able to start the setup. I get a black screen after the load. Currently, the bios is matching the settings from KGP and the current version is 1301. I also tried with the old EFI from my current Mojave setup and still the same result on the setup.

I'm trying to update to Catalina because I bought a 5700XT and would like to test it on Catalina.

Here are my 2 builts:

Built 1: CPU: i9 9980XE
MB: WS-X299-SAGE (base)
GPU: Vega 64 (Sapphire)
128 GB Ram Corsair 3,200 Mhz
TB: GC-TITAN RIDGE
NVME: 2X 500GB Evo 970 (1x for win 10, 1X for mac)
1x Blackmagic Mini 4k (HD &SDI)

Built 2: CPU: i9 7980XE
MB: WS-X299-SAGE (base)
GPU: Vega 64 (Sapphire)
128 GB Ram Corsair 3,200 Mhz
TB: GC-TITAN RIDGE
NVME: 2X 500GB Evo 970 (1x for win 10, 1X for mac)
1x Blackmagic Mini 4k (HD &SDI)

Thanks,

Last edited:
Can someone please help me build an EFI that would boot on Catalina? I'm currently running Mojave Guides from @kgp;

I've tried both of these downloads from djlild7hina
But this Clover and Open Core seem not being able to start the setup. I get a black screen after the load.
What Load ? could you be more specific, please?

Here's my OC test folder... not sur it will work with yours.
Don't forget to modify the TSCAdjustReset.kext according to your core number ➧ 35

Attachments

• X299 Sage10G OC 10.14.6-10.15.3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back