Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have
Delar i dator
Corsair Obsidian 750D (Svart/Transparent)
Intel Core i9 7900X 3,3GHz
Asus Prime X299-A
Plus Radeon vega 64 8gb
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W
32 gb ddr4 ram. 250 Gb ssd
Watercool
And my try end with filé in attach. Then i must force reboot
Any idea.

Attachments

• IMG_20200119_152917.jpg
    IMG_20200119_152917.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20200119_152857.jpg
    IMG_20200119_152857.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 103
I have the same problem whit the memory RAM on SMBIOS 7.1..!! Any ideas???

I have a weird OC/Turbo issue that I am curious if anyone else has. I'm on 2002 on a SAGE/10G with a 10980XE, and if I manually specificy Sync All Cores to any value other than Auto then the boot proceeds at about 1/20th normal speed and has graphic distortion at desktop and frozen.

If I change back to Auto on Sync All Cores, then I'm fine again. Anyone else have this issue and have a workaround so I can still overclock to 4.2 or 4.3?

I've tried different methods of TSCSync, removed it entirely, removed XCPM plugin from config.plist, used the XCPM from SSDT instead, and tried OpenCore (which had the same exact symptom).

I can only assume there is a stock SSDT that is causing this issue and perhaps I can drop it, but not sure which one to drop.

I have
Delar i dator
Corsair Obsidian 750D (Svart/Transparent)
Intel Core i9 7900X 3,3GHz
Asus Prime X299-A
Plus Radeon vega 64 8gb
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W
32 gb ddr4 ram. 250 Gb ssd
Watercool
And my try end with filé in attach. Then i must force reboot
Any idea.

Do you have SSDT-EC.aml installed in your Clover > ACPI > Patched directory? It's required to boot Catalina.

So, if you are trying to boot from a USB drive to install Catalina, you need to install Clover there, and put a fully finished EFI there. Make sure you use a Clover version that works with Catalina (509x, 5101, etc). Then once Catalina is installed, transfer that EFI to your new boot drive. A "slide" error suggests an issue with AptioFixMemory. As someone has mentioned, SSDT-EC.aml is required for Catalina, but I didn't see it in your EFI upload.

In your bios, once you've added SSDT-EC.aml to your ACPI -> patched folder, try booting with 4G enabled. If that doesn't work, try booting without it enabled to see if you can get your USB drive booted so that you can install Catalina.

Another approach would be to first upgrade to Mojave, following kgp's guide, then move to Catalina (don't forget the SSDT-EC.aml file for Catalina).

In your EFI folder, there are no .aml files. You should add them. The aml files can be found all over github and also here in this forum. You just have to look, and you will find most of them, if not all of them. So review this thread (and yes, that means, maybe, reviewing all of it. And the Asus X299 Support thread, and kgp's guide). You will find what you are looking for if you can take the time to find them.

Good luck.

Thank you for the response and the info. Really appreciate it
I believe I used the latest Clover, probably 5101 but now I’m not 100% sure.
WRT the patched files and, etc., to be honest, I thought that since the Guide was written for ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe, that the files downloaded from this thread at the beginning would already include all the common patches etc.
At least you clarified it for me in your response.
I’ll try to run the entire process again from scratch.

Thanks again for taking the time to write up.

Thank you for the response and the info. Really appreciate it
I believe I used the latest Clover, probably 5101 but now I’m not 100% sure.
WRT the patched files and, etc., to be honest, I thought that since the Guide was written for ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe, that the files downloaded from this thread at the beginning would already include all the common patches etc.
At least you clarified it for me in your response.
I’ll try to run the entire process again from scratch.

Thanks again for taking the time to write up.

I recently finished setting up a brand new X299 system. I ran into a lot of issues with Clover v5099 and upwards. Currently sticking to v5098 for overall stability. I cannot say for certain, this is your issue too, but worth a shot.

@applemacosxGOD

i have asus prime deluxe 2 with i9 10900x and rx5700xt , you have same motherboard , Could you share with me the ssdts and the kext you use with this motherboard?

I have a problem and it appears to me that I have an ups and I don't have it, I don't know how to delete that tab of ups.

My problem is a corsair commander , macosx catalina detect a ups device ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back