Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, that did the trick. How were you able to figure that out? Is it on one of the 60 pages of this guide?
Is there a complete Catalina specific Guide somewhere? Been looking for it, or did you just say it jokingly? :confused:

I have a similar question. Before i read every page in this thread, are there some ready to go instructions for a specific motherboard? I'm about to buy and I would like to get a motherboard that is 100% compatible with minimal instructions and configuration files.

I don't want to be lazy but also don't want to ask the same questions over and over :)

Thanks for understanding!

Is there a complete Catalina specific Guide somewhere? Been looking for it, or did you just say it jokingly? :confused:
I have a similar question. Before i read every page in this thread, are there some ready to go instructions for a specific motherboard? I'm about to buy and I would like to get a motherboard that is 100% compatible with minimal instructions and configuration files.

I don't want to be lazy but also don't want to ask the same questions over and over :)

Thanks for understanding!
Actually, you can refer to KGP's Mojave tutorial.
Catalina and Mojave are almost identical in the Hackintosh side.

Actually, you can refer to KGP's Mojave tutorial.
Catalina and Mojave are almost identical in the Hackintosh side.

Ok, thanks, that's what I thought and that's what I followed with the exception of using the Catalina specific EFI folder for the creation of the bootable USB installer.

Would anyone be able to help out in with my issue as laid out in this post from Tuesday?
As I said, my MoBo is ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe.

Am I the only one having this issue?
Can anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks again in advance.

Ok, thanks, that's what I thought and that's what I followed with the exception of using the Catalina specific EFI folder for the creation of the bootable USB installer.

Would anyone be able to help out in with my issue as laid out in this post from Tuesday?

Thanks again in advance.

When troubleshooting, reduce your configuration to the minimum. Try removing any extra PCI besides graphics and Thunderbolt. Try using only one M.2 drive. Remove any unnecessary drives. Enable or disable Above 4G decoding. I’ve seen all these things throw the allocation errors depending.

Any help that would help me resolve the problems and get Catalina going on my Hack Pro would be immensely appreciated.
Maybe try pressing F11 while in Clover boot screen to reset NVRAM?
Just a guess.

Thanks again in advance.

So, if you are trying to boot from a USB drive to install Catalina, you need to install Clover there, and put a fully finished EFI there. Make sure you use a Clover version that works with Catalina (509x, 5101, etc). Then once Catalina is installed, transfer that EFI to your new boot drive. A "slide" error suggests an issue with AptioFixMemory. As someone has mentioned, SSDT-EC.aml is required for Catalina, but I didn't see it in your EFI upload.

In your bios, once you've added SSDT-EC.aml to your ACPI -> patched folder, try booting with 4G enabled. If that doesn't work, try booting without it enabled to see if you can get your USB drive booted so that you can install Catalina.

Another approach would be to first upgrade to Mojave, following kgp's guide, then move to Catalina (don't forget the SSDT-EC.aml file for Catalina).

In your EFI folder, there are no .aml files. You should add them. The aml files can be found all over github and also here in this forum. You just have to look, and you will find most of them, if not all of them. So review this thread (and yes, that means, maybe, reviewing all of it. And the Asus X299 Support thread, and kgp's guide). You will find what you are looking for if you can take the time to find them.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hello guys! Someone with an ASUS Prime Deluxe 2 X299 motherboard that can share their BIOS settings, EFI folder and SSDTs?
I have a second PC with i9-10900X, 5700 XT and X299 Prime Deluxe 2.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back