Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just tried OpenCore 0.5.4, and my setup is still showing the memory warning. What did you change in your config.plist to do this?
The Memory tab was not showing up in 0.5.3
The memory warning is there for both OC versions.

Anyone know how to get TB3 hotplug to work when it's in Slot 3 instead of 4?

Put the TB card in the slot that's designated in the motherboard manual.

I believe I read somewhere that on X99, it has to go in a designated slot, but X299 *sometimes* has more flexibility. I think it depends on how much work they put into the EFI development.

Put the TB card in the slot that's designated in the motherboard manual.

I am referring to KGP’s instruction where it says slot 4. I am afraid that’s not possible cause my 2 GPUs are covering that particular slot.

Where as my motherboard standard slot for my TB3-card is 3lot 3.

Last edited:
I am referring to KGP’s instruction where it says slot 4. I am afraid that’s not possible cause my 2 GPUs are covering that particular slot.

Where as my motherboard standard slot for my TB3-card is 3lot 3.

On my old X299 Prime Deluxe, I had mine in Slot 5, and I had to re-do the AML for it. Then I moved it, and again I re-did the AML again. So you can move it around, but to get the best out of it, your TB AML should be adapted to the slot it's placed in. It might work without the AML correctly compiled for the designated slot, but you must have at least an X4 slot for it. It works in an X8 or x16 slot as well.

On my old Asus X99 motherboard, I had it in Slot 5, and it worked there. There was nothing in the manual for a preferred slot. (I just checked the manual - I still have it, and there's nothing I found about a suggested slot for the TB Card.) But, if your motherboard manual suggests a slot, use it if you can. More importantly, is that what you must do, is in the BIOS, for the section that handles TB configuration is to properly identify the slot that the TB card is in. It really won't work until that matches.

So, one way it might work is to connect it (the TB Card) is to put it in the slot you want, and then go into the BIOS and check there for the available slot assignments (in the BIOS, under the Thunderbolt configuration, look there for PCIe assignments). If the slot you put the TB card in is available, you're good to go to try and see if you can get it to work.

And, you may have to move some stuff around until you can find a slot for the TB card, and your two graphics cards. Good luck.

On my old X299 Prime Deluxe, I had mine in slot 5, and I had to re-do the AML for it. Then I moved it, and again I re-did the AML again. So you can move it around, but to get the best out of it, your TB AML should be adapted to the slot it's placed in. It might work without the AML correctly compiled for the designated slot, but you must have at least an X4 slot for it. It works in an X8 or x16 slot as well.
This was what I thought as well! I’ve already changed the TB.aml to my specific slot, have no TB-cable to try it out yet though. Will post here about the result later!

Thanks.

Success...
CPU i9-9900X
AsRock X299 extreme 4
DDR4 2666 16GB x 4
M.2 970 EVO PLUS (WIN)
M.2 970 EVO PLUS (macOS Catalina)
AMD RX 5700 XT x 2

Hello Brother, Kindly share your EFI folder

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Update