Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, so far as I know, there's only one version of the Radeon VII...

Incredibly helpful. You've pointed me in the right direction and I'm thankful!

I'm having an issue, as of Catalina only, where HWE isn't enabled in Premiere - Ive set all the projects up using Metal and/or OpenCL to see if either helped, but the export for h.264 or .265 is disabled - both for a vega 64 nitro + and a Radeon 7.

Usually there's a Console flag that enables HWE, but it's non-existent on this machine for some reason! Will do more digging

Seems it's recognized and set up in PS.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 3.53.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 3.53.36 PM.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 67
Wanted to ask you how you enabled gpu acceleration in Premiere w/ the Radeon VII w/ your hackintosh - Not seeing many options for that via Console
Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 0.10.36 1.png

Incredibly helpful. You've pointed me in the right direction and I'm thankful!

I'm having an issue, as of Catalina only, where HWE isn't enabled in Premiere - Ive set all the projects up using Metal and/or OpenCL to see if either helped, but the export for h.264 or .265 is disabled - both for a vega 64 nitro + and a Radeon 7.

Usually there's a Console flag that enables HWE, but it's non-existent on this machine for some reason! Will do more digging

Seems it's recognized and set up in PS.

Hmm......on my system, if I export a timeline, in (CMD- M) Export Settings -> format, I see HEVC (h.265) and H.264......and they both work....I assume you're talking about the Console, which is CMD + F12....? Once you get into the console, if you type con.help, it will list the all of the commands available....

oh, I remember, you have to go into Console, debug database view, and search for HWE, and change these two parameters to NOT FALSE, and one more to true....

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 2.26.14 PM.png

Last edited:
I should have been more clear. The render engine seems fine, but exporting with HWE, are you using your 5770 for that in h.264?

Hey,
First of all, Happy New Year to all members of the X299 group :)

I finally finished building my set-up (Adds a photo below the comment)

For your question,
I also get a h264 hardware acceleration with Radeon VII
To be honest, only Davinci Resolve enjoys rx5700xt performance
We are waiting for Premier and Final Cut Pro updates to fully support this card (Windows currently has better support and even faster Davinci Resolve acceleration )

I believe it's only a matter of time
And one more update from Apple and the new drivers will do better

81317105_1313082315530937_8971685321221603328_o.jpg

You must modify your config.plist :
- PlatformFeature : 0x18 ( or 0x20)

Thank's @Loloflatsix
Forgot to say that I was on OpenCore (OC) Release 0.5.3 and if you chose Generic setup for the SMBIOS in Platforminfo there is not even a tab for PlatformFeature. This is solved in OC 0.5.4 Master release so the memory tab is now showing up as it should in About This Mac.

Success...
CPU i9-9900X
AsRock X299 extreme 4
DDR4 2666 16GB x 4
M.2 970 EVO PLUS (WIN)
M.2 970 EVO PLUS (macOS Catalina)
AMD RX 5700 XT x 2

Hi engineer.sek, kindly share your EFI Folder

Forgot to say that I was on OpenCore (OC) Release 0.5.3 and if you chose Generic setup for the SMBIOS in Platforminfo there is not even a tab for PlatformFeature. This is solved in OC 0.5.4 Master release so the memory tab is now showing up as it should in About This Mac.

I've just tried OpenCore 0.5.4, and my setup is still showing the memory warning. What did you change in your config.plist to do this?

Hi Guys! Converting my old High Sierra-install using clover to OpenCore and Catalina today.
I have bought another GPU to use dual GPUs in Slot1 and Slot4, and are planning on using thunderbolt in Slot3 and the Broadcom WiFi+BT in Slot6.

Anyone know how to get TB3 hotplug to work when it's in Slot 3 instead of 4?
Thanks so much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back