Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, guys! Unfortunately, I lost my WOL functionality after upgrade to Catalina. I'm using intelmausi kext.
Any idea why?

Last edited:
You might want to look up Mieze (the person who produces IntelMausi kext) over on the insanely site. She has a thread there.....she does not post here......

Last edited:
I've almost managed to get completely working system with Catalina on my Prime-A X299 and 5700 XT but I have this pesky USB stuttering / freezing issue. I first noticed it because I'm using a USB audio interface but it's also effecting other USB devices such as my mouse.

The problem is:
Let's say I output some audio through my USB interface and I decide to insert a USB thumb drive the audio stops for second. I've managed to figure out that it has to be a USB issue because if I try to move my mouse it also stops moving for a second as soon as I plug in the thumb drive. It doesn't matter where I plugin the thumb drive, front panel och back panel connectors, the issue persists.

I've tried:
With or without port limit patch
With or without USB-mapping kext (KGP-guide)
iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 system definitions make no difference, I'm currently on a MacPro sysdef.
Removing all my SSDTs

I can't really figure out what my next move in troubleshooting is? Could It be a SSDT issue?
*edit* This is for me a completely new issue that I didn't experience in High Sierra. The only difference I made to my system was exchanging a 1080 ti to RX 5700 XT.

Last edited:
Absolutely no lockups or issues with 10.15.3 Beta 1. Seems really solid, so far....crossing my fingers.....
Here's hoping 10.15.3 B2 continues to impress......

Need help to boot the USB installer.
My hardware configure:
Intel 9820X
Asus X299-A
Asus RX470

Already tried the latest Clover 5.100, Read some posts to revise my config.plist, cannot boot the usb installer.
Can you help to share your config.plist and EFI?

Attachments

• IMG20191218203415.jpg
    IMG20191218203415.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 79
So have fixed most of the things apart random freeze (system freezes but doesn't restart)/or just restarts tried multiple things from multiple tutorials but doesn't seem to help. I also removed 2080 Ti, and 970 Evo Plus from the system to see if they there the cause but nope. The most annoying thing I can work sometime for like 6h without issues and sometimes the first 5 min and restarts. I am getting a bit tired of this. If somebody could help me on this for $ I would really appreciate it as I need this system for work.

I am attaching my report files if someone could lookup

Attachments

• debug_28991.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 66
You might want to look up Mieze (the person who produces IntelMausi kext) over on the insanely site. She has a thread there.....she does not post here......
Thanks for the hint, I nearly tried every version of IntelMausi and IntelMausiEthernet now, also forced WOL on and build with Xcode. Wol just doesn't work on Catalina. Then I found this here, which seems to me very interesting and should be OS independent: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07RTBNQ17/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Took a chance and went directly from Mojave > Catalina via Software Update with 0 issues.
And also switched to Mac Pro SMBIOS. All perfect with no issues. (Using OC bootloader)

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 11.31.13 PM.png

The only downside is the memory error notification during every boot, hoping someone will have a fix for this soon.

Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 2.01.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 11.33.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Took a chance and went directly from Mojave > Catalina via Software Update with 0 issues.
And also switched to Mac Pro SMBIOS. All perfect with no issues. (Using OC bootloader)

View attachment 442332

The only downside is the memory error notification during every boot, hoping someone will have a fix for this soon.

View attachment 442336

View attachment 442333

Can you share your EFI folder?

I get to have a ״Mac Pro״ in About this mac
But without the "2019" and it drives me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back