Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question? How does VirtualSMC work with Clover?
only install in the folder of kexts SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext and VirtualSMC.kext.

Should we copy VirtualSmc.efi?

Would it erase everything from FakeSMC including sensors and replace only with VirtualSMC kext?
Has anyone tried VirtualSMC in Catalina? Does everything work well?

I change to another EFI folder .... The main difference was Clover version. I was using 5093 (buggy?). I'm now 5098. It works correctly.
Be careful with the new structure of EFI/Clover folder : I had a problem with a new installation on my NVMe SSD with Clover5098.pkg in comparison with a "classic" EFI / Clover folder updated by copy / paste.

Question? How does VirtualSMC work with Clover?
only install in the folder of kexts SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext and VirtualSMC.kext.

Should we copy VirtualSmc.efi?

Would it erase everything from FakeSMC including sensors and replace only with VirtualSMC kext?
Has anyone tried VirtualSMC in Catalina? Does everything work well?

Yes boot fine on Catalina, you may replace Fakesmc.kext by VirtualSMC.kext but SMCHelper.efi is mandatory.
I didn't try SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext for now.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-11-19 à 19.04.28.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-11-19 à 19.04.28.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Be careful with the new structure of EFI/Clover folder : I had a problem with a new installation on my NVme SSD with Clover5098.pkg in comparison with a "classic" EFI / Clover folder updated by copy / paste.

Yes boot fine on Catalina, you may replace Fakesmc.kext by VirtualSMC.kext but SMCHelper.efi is mandatory.
I didn't try SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext for now.
I go try

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-10-15 à 15.24.31.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-10-15 à 15.24.31.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
  • Capture d’écran 2019-10-15 à 15.45.11.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-10-15 à 15.45.11.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 107
I change to another EFI folder .... The main difference was Clover version. I was 5093 (buggy?). I'm now 5098
I works correctly

And now your Radeon VII work correctly ?

And now your Radeon VII work correctly ?
It's Work's computer, With a GT710, GTX 1080Ti or RX 5700 XT
With Catalina the GTX 1080 Ti doesn't work, but the RX 5700 XT work fine
The Home's computer has the Radeon VII, I made a Catalina SSD for a try ... but still use Mojave.
Have your read this #410 ?

It's Work's computer, With a GT710, GTX 1080Ti or RX 5700 XT
With Catalina the GTX 1080 Ti doesn't work, but the RX 5700 XT work fine
The Home's computer has the Radeon VII, I made a Catalina SSD for a try ... but still use Mojave.
Have your read this #410?

OK. Iwill take a look at #410.
I still use Mojave on my main system, too. I installed Catalina on NVMe SSD to test with MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have troubles with the following on their X299 builds?
  1. Bluetooth input devices taking a long time to wake after sleep
  2. USB audio devices being set to full volume, with the balance set over to the right on wake from sleep
I'm guessing number two there is due to the USB audio device being attached via my Thunderbolt 3 monitor, but number one… I'm just not sure. Has anybody else seen these issues?

What CPU type are people setting for MacPro7,1 SMBIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back