Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Mac pro 7,1 SMBIOS must be most suitable for X299 Hackintosh build
Really want to try the new SMBIOS.
Is it available to us when the new Mac Pro is officially launched?Or would you mind tell me how can I get this now?
Thanks bro!

Did you setup Mac Pro SMBIOS using Clover Configurator?

Wow, Mac pro 7,1 SMBIOS must be most suitable for X299 Hackintosh build
Really want to try the new SMBIOS.
Is it available to us when the new Mac Pro is officially launched?Or would you mind tell me how can I get this now?
Thanks bro!

Just copy and paste your config.plist from your EFI partition on your Desktop and edit it with the latest Clover Configurator (available here in the downloads section) by choosing MP7.1 SMBIOS, and, afterwards, put it on your EFI USB installer. Make a fresh install which it is better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Success...
CPU i9-9900X
AsRock X299 extreme 4
DDR4 2666 16GB x 4
M.2 970 EVO PLUS (WIN)
M.2 970 EVO PLUS (macOS Catalina)
AMD RX 5700 XT x 2
I'm Stuck with An Asrock X299 Gaming i9 (Work currently with High Sierra).
After the verbose mode has been replaced by Apple Logo ... but some few steps in the the progress bar and finally Stuck.
Any ideas ?
@engineer.sek
Would you share your EFI folder.

Last edited:
Just copy and paste your config.plist from your EFI partition on your desktop and edit it with the latest CloverConfigurator (avaible here in the downloads section) by choosing MP7.1 SMBIOS and after put it on your EFI USB installer : make a fresh install it is better in my opinion.
Thanks my friend.:thumbup:
Sorry for such newbie question. Haha

What version of FakeSMC and sensors are using in x299 with Catalina?
I'm still using the High Sierra version, but I don't see my 5700 XT temp.

Hi all,

I'm in a real jam and I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong. I upgraded to Catalina on Friday and everything seemed to work. I then upgraded to 10.15.1 and now everything has gone wrong! I can boot my machine but I get no display at all after the verbose log. I can however screen share in from my laptop so I know everything is (sort of) working.

Has anyone experienced this before? I really don't know what to do.

My specs are:
MB: ASUS X299 Deluxe
CPU: i9 9900x
GPU: XFX Vega 56 8GB (which is recognized in System Profile).

I'm attaching a copy of my EFI Folder and also a screen shot of the graphics tab in system profile. I'm really new to Hackintoshing so I'm sure I've just made a dumb mistake, but everything **was working before this update.

Thanks so much for your help!

EDIT: so after much googling I tried adding -wegoff to my boot args and that works (though I have no clue why). If anyone has time to critique my EFI folder though I would be beyond appreciative.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 3.56.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 3.56.39 PM.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 75
  • EFI.zip
    35.7 MB · Views: 169
  • skokholm_ioreg.ioreg
    8.9 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm in a real jam and I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong. I upgraded to Catalina on Friday and everything seemed to work. I then upgraded to 10.15.1 and now everything has gone wrong! I can boot my machine but I get no display at all after the verbose log. I can however screen share in from my laptop so I know everything is (sort of) working.

Has anyone experienced this before? I really don't know what to do.

My specs are:
MB: ASUS X299 Deluxe
CPU: i9 9900x
GPU: XFX Vega 56 8GB (which is recognized in System Profile).

I'm attaching a copy of my EFI Folder and also a screen shot of the graphics tab in system profile. I'm really new to Hackintoshing so I'm sure I've just made a dumb mistake, but everything **was working before this update.

Thanks so much for your help!

EDIT: so after much googling I tried adding -wegoff to my boot args and that works (though I have no clue why). If anyone has time to critique my EFI folder though I would be beyond appreciative.

Make sure you're Lilu, Whatevergreen, etc are up to date (use Hackintool if you need or just download from github, acidanthera, and try the boot parameter -> agdpmod=pikera

I'm Stuck with An Asrock X299 Gaming i9 (Work currently with High Sierra).
I finally managed (I didn't wait enough) to install Catalina 10.15.1.... but the UI is dead slow :crazy:.
I use an Nvidia GT 710 (natively supported), Whatevergreen 1.3.4 with agpmod=pikera (Blackscreen without it)
I plugged just one SSD to the mobo and no fancy USB devices...
Any advice ?
Thanks in advance

I finally managed (I didn't wait enough) to install Catalina 10.15.1.... but the UI is dead slow :crazy:.
I use an Nvidia GT 710 (natively supported), Whatevergreen 1.3.4 with agpmod=pikera (Blackscreen without it)
I plugged just one SSD to the mobo and no fancy USB devices...
Any advice ?
Thanks in advance
I change to another EFI folder .... The main difference was Clover version. I was using 5093 (buggy?). I'm now 5098. It works correctly.

Yes, it seems that your BCM94360CD wifi causes this KP : com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC so take a look here :
- Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]
- AirportBrcmFixup

But shouldn't my BCM94360CD work OOB without any other patches or kexts?

AirportBrcmFixup: "An open source kernel extension providing a set of patches required for non-native Airport Broadcom Wi-Fi cards."

It says is for non-native and mine should be. Right?

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back