Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking into the future, maybe the new Mac Pro 7,1 SMBIOS is the best option for x299 Hackintosh. Hope somebody can test it as soon as new Mac Pro is available.
Yes, some of us and myself have already tested : seems to be compatible, i noticed :
- Message about memory configuration at login
- Pci configuration is not good at about this Mac
- Boot more faster and WEGkext is not needed
But with more development, this should be a good option

Hi all,
Any info on the 5700 XT GPU support in Catalina 15.1 and X299 iMac Pro SMBIOS?
Any one tested, working?

Mcity
X299 iMac Pro SMBIOS, and you need to add -wegoff right now. The attachment is my ssdt for Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-ASUS-PD1-GPU-5700XT-Slot1.aml
    1.5 KB · Views: 101
I think the subject is more complex on our platform

I know what you mean, I've been hackintoshing for years now and I know it a trick of the trade... I'm already pretty happy with the performance of this rig and how it works on everyday tasks. The Apple Music thing is just a detail... although it would be nice to have it.

I'm curious about the MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS, I've read about the Memory error message (which isn't that bad if everything works right?). Regarding the information displayed in "about this Mac" personally I don't care if everything works, I know it's nice but if everything gets supported... in particular the airdrop/sidecar thing.

Does it changes anything regarding the DSDTs or kexts needed ? I guess not, are you using it at the moment ?

Yes i was just very carefull about SMBIOS and the reference guide ;).
And the SMBIOS MacPro 7,1 should eventually be closer to the concept of our desktops.
After the MacPro launch , if we can examine their SSDTs and DSDT, we should understand what adaptations to make to our.

Yes, some of us and myself have already tested : seems to be compatible, i noticed :
- Message about memory configuration at login
- Pci configuration is not good at about this Mac
- Boot more faster and WEGkext is not needed
But with more development, this should be a good option
:thumbup::thumbup::clap: Counting on you my friend and other talent people ^_^

Anyone has SSDT for Asus Prime X299 Deluxe with MSI Vega 56 to install 15.1 Catalina ? Many thanks!

Anyone has SSDT for Asus Prime X299 Deluxe with MSI Vega 56 to install 15.1 Catalina ? Many thanks!
Wait until the end of the day. I give it to you when I come back from Paris.

@rkingj here you have my SSDTs for MSI Vega 56 :
- SSDT-X299-BR1A for the PCIE Slot 1
- SSDT-X299-BR2A for the PCIE Slot 3
The SSDT comes with GPU speed at 1660 Mhz and Memory speed at 905 Mhz the fan curve is also optimized.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-BR1A-Vega56A7.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 84
  • SSDT-X299-BR2A-Vega56A7.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 84
@rkingj here you have my SSDTs for MSI Vega 56 :
- SSDT-X299-BR1A for the PCIE Slot 1
- SSDT-X299-BR2A for the PCIE Slot 3
The SSDT comes with GPU speed at 1660 Mhz and Memory speed at 905 Mhz the fan curve is also optimized.

Wow!!! Many, many thanks for your help, Buddy :)

Hi guys, I got this system:

Motherboard:
ASUS Prime x299-Deluxe Gaming Mainboard LGA 2066

CPU:
Intel Core i9-7929X X-Series BX80673I97920X A10-5757M LGA2066 12 Core

RAM:
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (4x 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP

Disks:
1x Segate HDD 6 TB ST6000DM004
1x WD Black NVMe SSD 1 TB M.2 2280 WDS100T2X0C
1x WD Black NVMe SSD 500 GB intern M.2 2280 (3400 MB/s lesen und 2800 MB/s schreiben) WDS500G2X0C

Grafic:
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX Vega64 8G HBM2

WiFi / Bluetooth:
Broadcom BCM943602CS (auf PCI-E x1-Adapter)

I attached my UEFI Folder ... the system runs, but I don't know if it could run better / if the system runs only on standard mode... maybe you guys would take a look inside my folder. I read about ssdt files for graphic cards like this one: SSDT-X299-BR1A for the PCIE Slot 1

What exactly do I need this for? ... If someone has a similar setup, could you maybe check if my kexts are the right ones or if I could load better ones into the setup just to speed up the system?

Thank you so much. :)

Attachments

• EFI_x299_Tonymacx86_KGP_Catalina_15102019.zip
    21 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back