Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does anyone know about Catalina's support in X299 for dual AMD GPU? I have connected two Sapphire Nitro+ 580 4gb, the system recognizes them perfectly but the test bech programs do not use duality, Geekbench 4 and 5 recognize them separately, that is, to do the Metal or OpenCL test you must choose the Radeon 1 or Radeon 2, Heaven and Valley show no difference between 1 and 2 GPU. The only program that adds the power of the two GPUs is Luxmark 3.1. It would be interesting to be able to use the power of two GPUs, especially for After Fx and premiere. I want to trust Catalina because it is the system that implements the new Mac Pro 2019 and this computer announces the possibility of including several GPUs, greetings.
Unfortunately, MacOs does not support the power of two GPUs such as AMD CrossFire on Windows.

Hi, does anyone know about Catalina's support in X299 for dual AMD GPU? I have connected two Sapphire Nitro+ 580 4gb, the system recognizes them perfectly but the test bech programs do not use duality, Geekbench 4 and 5 recognize them separately, that is, to do the Metal or OpenCL test you must choose the Radeon 1 or Radeon 2, Heaven and Valley show no difference between 1 and 2 GPU. The only program that adds the power of the two GPUs is Luxmark 3.1. It would be interesting to be able to use the power of two GPUs, especially for After Fx and premiere. I want to trust Catalina because it is the system that implements the new Mac Pro 2019 and this computer announces the possibility of including several GPUs, greetings.

I have Vega 64 and Radeon VII, Davinci Resolve using both of them perfectly.

Davinci has always been very generous with the GPUs, since Sierra / High Sierra has detected my two Nvidia GPUs and accelerates as it should, I will try Motion and Final Cut to obtain yields, the problem is that I use adobe premiere and after fx, in the case of After Fx I think it uses CUDA (Not compatible with AMD) and OpenGL. Hopefully Adobe migrates its software to Metal, Premiere I think it already does, I will test with the Soft instead of Bench programs, thanks.

Hi, Loloflatsix! I have a same pc as your Build 1. Can you share EFI with me ? Either Clover or OC is OK. Thanks!

See here on Asus X299- Support post N° 1,359 EFI clover 5096 :
I simply delete unnecessary SSDT (you will add yours after installation) and serial number , refer to KGP thread for SSDT and other settings . ( For Catalina 10.15.1 update to Clover 5098 - extract BOOT64.efi and Clover64.efi from Clover5098 Pkg copy and past them ) also Whatevergreen.kext 1.3.4 link avaible here on download section.

Last edited:
I'm currently running on a iMac Pro SMBIOS, is there any advantage of running under the Mac Pro 7,1 ?

I'm right now having problems with Apple Music login, haven't tested sidecar yet but wondering this could solve it.

I'm currently running on a iMac Pro SMBIOS, is there any advantage of running under the Mac Pro 7,1 ?

I'm right now having problems with Apple Music login, haven't tested sidecar yet but wondering this could solve it.

Yes, there is a problem with these SMBIOS :
- iMacPro -----> T2 chip
- MacPro 7,1 -----> T2 chip
For SideCar and some other features :confused:

Thanks for your reply Lolo, but since I'm using a x299 motherboard I guess we are stuck with either iMacPro definition or MacPro 7,1...

Are you having problems with Apple Music login too ? because everything else login wise is working (iMessage, iCloud, App Store, etc.).

I've enabled Airdrop via Ethernet but seems to be screwed up too... (didn't felt like buying a WiFi card, even if my Intel chip doesn't seem to be supported).

Thanks for your reply Lolo, but since I'm using a x299 motherboard I guess we are stuck with either iMacPro definition or MacPro 7,1...

Are you having problems with Apple Music login too ? because everything else login wise is working (iMessage, iCloud, App Store, etc.).

I've enabled Airdrop via Ethernet but seems to be screwed up. too... (didn't fell like buying a WiFi card, but my Intel chip doesn't seem to be supported).

I think the subject is more complex on our platform :

The SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 is already used since August 13, 2017, more than two years ago now : Kgp made the guide with the method and the scientific approach: all things were done with the care of the detail : the SSDTs against real iMacPro dumps for example.

People here from the beginning and myself since March 2018 use their build daily and 24/7 : so the system with iMacPro SMBIOS has proven its reliability.

The TitanRidge is fully compatible for Thunderbolt usage and I use the TBEX3 without issue.

My build is fully compatible for my job 3D CAO DAO and BIM architecture projects.

But there are some limitations next to a real Mac ...

Other people with other platform have related having problem with Apple Music login too and sometime airdrop is crazy.

But together here, we can do things to be better ...

(sorry for my English )

Last edited:
I think the subject is more complex on our platform :

The SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 is already used since August 13, 2017, more than two years ago now : Kgp made the guide with the method and the scientific approach: all things were done with the care of the detail : the SSDTs against real iMacPro dumps for example.

People here from the beginning and myself since March 2018 use their build daily and 24/7 : so the system with iMacPro SMBIOS has proven its reliability.

The TitanRidge is fully compatible for Thunderbolt usage and I use the TBEX3 without issue.

My build is fully compatible for my job 3D CAO DAO and BIM architecture projects.

But there are some limitations next to a real Mac ...

Other people with other platform have related having problem with Apple Music login too and sometime airdrop is crazy.

But together here, we can do things to be better ...

(sorry for my English )
Looking into the future, maybe the new Mac Pro 7,1 SMBIOS is the best option for x299 Hackintosh. Hope somebody can test it as soon as new Mac Pro is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back