Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
After pressing for 3 secs the BIOS_Flashback button on mb, what does it happen? I mean for EX in Deluxe 2 X99, there was a blinking led on the button, and you know that procedure was right or not. Here I don't see any LED. So how do you realize that flashback procedure is OK?

After pressing for 3 secs the BIOS_Flashback button on mb, what does it happen? I mean for EX in Deluxe 2 X99, there was a blinking led on the button, and you know that procedure was right or not. Here I don't see any LED. So how do you realize that flashback procedure is OK?

If you look at the manual, it says to hold the BIOS_FLBK button for 3 seconds when it flashes 3 times, then let it go and it should start flashing faster until it stops (takes a few minutes)

You need to plug the USB stick to the rear port that has a white shape around it, which is the bottom left one if you look at it from the rear.

If your USB stick has a LED light on it, then you will see the mobo reading from it and when it stops (including the flashing on the motherboard) wait a few minutes and then do the power flush, then CLR_CMOS and then boot back into BIOS and make sure you set up the BIOS settings to the original KGP thread and make sure ABOVE 4G (with AUTO) is enabled. It's required for SAGE/10G

As for me, I'm staying with 1201. Bios upgrades are for the most part, not necessary. Sure sometimes, but a mature platform, not so much. Once in a while maybe, but often you can go for years on a system with a mature bios version, and not upgrade the bios.

If you're on Catalina, and your system was stable on Mojave, I kind of doubt you will find it more stable with the 2002 bios, especially if you're on 10.15.0 of Catalina. 10.15.0 is just not very good, honestly. Think about it: two supplemental updates on the same version of code? When has that happened with macOS? Not very recently, that's for sure, if ever.

10.15.1, (which I'm on the beta 2 of) to me, well, it seems a lot better.

But no one know for sure, so for those of you who are trying to improve your system's stability, I hope 2002 works for you.

Asus version 2002 bios works fine on my rampage vi apex. But it has a bit of lag in bois setting interface which never happen with previous version of bios

FYI I'll be leaving the hackintosh scene for now and going with a real mac and separate PC build. X299 has been fun but a bit overkill for me and time consuming.

Thanks it's been fun and good luck to everyone! :headbang:
Thanks for all your contributions and help, @djlild7hina. See around the 'Net, and, maybe, at MacRumors forum.

Last edited:
I tried every possible solution...the last is to use flashback BIOS. Even if yesterday I wasn't able to flashback BIOS. (Motherboard turned off, press BIOS flashback button for 3 secs and nothing happened!) Today at work, I discovered that my USB with BIOS (renamed in WSXTG.CAP) was formatted in FAT32 but has 2 EFI partitions. (I used it with Linux.) So that's why flashback didn't started. This will be the last try, and then I will ask for a new mb. RAM is in vendor list (128GB G-skill Ripjaws F4-3000C14Q2-128GVKD). Graphic card is an old GTX680, and other PCI-e cards are WiFi/BT module and USB 3 module like the one used by @izo1

Change your Graphic Card and try again. I doubt the current one is not UEFI supported, also MAC OS not supported.
Mcity

Hello everyone
I installed Catalina during this summer (10.15 Beta).
It boot normally
As soon I try to update it, it stuck at the first reboot on the Installation on DATA- CATALINA.
The last line on the verbose , is "Previous Shutdown cause 5".... I've just learned it's normal Shutdown.
I can't find any topic related to catalina and this issue.
Any Ideas
thanks

Hello everyone
I installed Catalina during this summer (10.15 Beta).
It boot normally
As soon I try to update it, it stuck at the first reboot on the Installation on DATA- CATALINA.
The last line on the verbose , is "Previous Shutdown cause 5".... I've just learned it's normal Shutdown.
I can't find any topic related to catalina and this issue.
Any Ideas
thanks
I succeed to update 10.15.1 Beta
boot_catalina_DSDT_enable.png

I enabled those two DSDT, and it worked !!
..... BUT
I did it BLIND ... the screen remains black!!
Ctrl+Eject then Enter Shutdowns the macOS ➧ it's only GPU issue.
I try the 3 DP and the HDMI GPU outputs ➧ each black screen ON (the display is not on power save mode!!)
Some info
for Lilu.kext => Identifier: as.vit9696.Lilu | Version: 1.3.8
for AppleALC.kext => Identifier: as.vit9696.AppleALC | Version: 1.4.2
for WhateverGreen.kext => Identifier: as.vit9696.WhateverGreen | Version: 1.3.3

Any ideas ?
Thanks

Last edited:
@oli.mathieu -

Whatevergreen 1.3.4 contains fixes for 10.15.1, when you can get it....you might have to compile it yourself (its not been officially released just yet). However, I can't guarantee that will fix your issue.

What I did with the first beta of 10.15.1 was remove Whatevergreen completely, and the black screen went away, and then I got display. Some folks tried the boot parameter agdpmod=pikera and it worked for them. Didn't work for me. But beta 2 of 10.15.1 fixed that problem, especially with WEG 1.3.4.

I'm currently on beta 3 of 10.15.1, and with WEG 1.3.4, it seems fine. Again, that's for me with my system, can't say whether any of these strategies will work for you, but one of them might.

Last edited:
Change your Graphic Card and try again. I doubt the current one is not UEFI supported, also MAC OS not supported.
Mcity
Thanks, but I solved changing motherboard. The previous one was broken. With the new one and BIOS 0902 I'm fine. No more freezes, no more high temps at idle. I'm very satisfied now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back