Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also apparently Radeon VII has improvements and now the MHz is read correctly and score in Luxmark is above 49k.

[not my image]

Screenshot_2019-10-18_at_6.png

Try
Code:
agdpmod=pikera
as boot arg for WEG.

Thanks, but I already tried that, didn't work. Other users have tried that too, and it didn't work for them either. But, it's good you posted it, because it's possible it might work for others....

As I stated before, my system on beta 2 of 10.15.1, and no WEG, works just fine. No issues so far. If I don't need to load WEG, that's good.....we'll see.....it's a beta, after all....

Last edited:
Hi! I've had a new crash today (Yes! Another one..), and I want to share it with you to see if someone is having the same issue.

Maybe is a coincidence, but I have the "Automatic" change to dark mode, and I was working with Music app (on Clear mode) and the system crashed. After the crash, i reset the computer (force reset) and after start it, it was in dark mode.

I guess (not 100% sure) it happened the same yesterday at more or less the same time. Is someone having the same issue?
I'm on BIOS 1201, and I'm experiencing same problems....at random PC freezes with Catalina and Windows 10. I'm trying to restore 0905 BIOS but I don't know if it's a BIOS related problem. Let's try new 2002..

I'm on BIOS 1201, and I'm experiencing same problems....at random PC freezes with Catalina and Windows 10. I'm trying to restore 0905 BIOS but I don't know if it's a BIOS related problem. Let's try new 2002..

I tried 1201 and 0905 and it freezed on both. After macOS Catalina update, it froze again and without doing anything. It's working well for the last 5-6 days. So don't know exactly what's happening. :(

I tried 1201 and 0905 and it freezed on both. After macOS Catalina update, it froze again and without doing anything. It's working well for the last 5-6 days. So don't know exactly what's happening. :(

Over the weekend, for my Sage, I tried the firmware 2002 (again, that firmware is just for my Sage CEB). So, while 1201 has been okay, 2002 was not good. Now, my Sage is slightly different from yours.

If you upgrade to 2002, I would be very interested to see if yours is better after the change of bios firmware.

I am on Beta 2 of 10.15.1, so that might make a difference. Should be interesting to see if yours is better on 2002.

Last edited:
Over the weekend, for my Sage, I tried the firmware 2002 (again, that firmware is just for my Sage CEB). So, while 1201 has been okay, 2002 was not good. Now, my Sage is slightly different from yours.

If you upgrade to 2002, I would be very interested to see if yours is better after the change of bios firmware.

I am on Beta 2 of 10.15.1, so that might make a difference. Should be interesting to see if yours is better on 2002.

Mine is working well with 1201 now with final version of Catalina (with latest update). But as soon as I have time I will test new 2002 version and will tell you about it. ;)

I tried messing a bit with Catalina and Mac Pro 7,1 SMBIOS --> Memory slot error message + PCIe slot error message + no way to get into iMessage. (I think that's 'cause serial number for newest Mac Pro are still, you know... not there yet ahahah,) Anyone tried something similar?

I tried messing a bit with Catalina and Mac Pro 7,1 SMBIOS --> Memory slot error message + PCIe slot error message + no way to get into iMessage. (I think that's 'cause serial number for newest Mac Pro are still, you know... not there yet ahahah.) Anyone tried something similar?

iMessage worked for me when I tried the new SMBIOS but I also got Memory slot error. Didn't see an error for PCIe slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back