Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone can get sidecar to work ?

Sidecar won’t work without the t2 chip. Looks like Apple is using some sort of encryption with it on Macs with the t2 chip. It works on systems with a smbios without one. So unless we can emulate it I think we’re out of luck...

So, I don't post my EFIs anymore since a jerk decided to stalk me with it.....but.....I can post screenshots and my config.plist to see if it helps. I would also note to you that I had trouble with Clover 5094 and reverted to 5070. I do keep all my kexts the absolute latest (Hackintool does that and it's great). My UEFI driver folder is kinda busy because I'm experimenting with encryption. Are there kexts in my Kexts folder that I could get rid of? Sure. Doesn't matter. I boot, and everything works on Catalina just fine.

So, if it helps, great, I hope it does. All the best.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 6.40.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 6.40.56 AM.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 6.41.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 6.41.29 AM.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 115
  • config.plist
    30.7 KB · Views: 106
Just update your clover and Lilu kexts
Yeah that worked like a charm. Only now my A7000 WiFi doesn’t work as its driver was 32-bits. Any suggestions for a USB WiFi dongle?

Here it is...i removed config.plist because it's unecessary...i've no kernek or kext patches, except for trim enable patch...i use a custom ssdt for my usb ports and only a boot argument line mandatory for my designare ex, npci=0x2000
Asus users should not use any boot argument line.
Thanks so much

Yeah that worked like a charm. Only now my A7000 WiFi doesn’t work as its driver was 32-bits. Any suggestions for a USB WiFi dongle?

No I don’t. Best is to use a natively supported pci-e card

thenightflyer said:
For now try to remove fakesmc but prepare a backup of clover in an usb pen before doing....i can help you more later when i will come back home.
About boot arguments i use a Designare EX and i need npci as mandatory but another friend with Sage 10G doesnt use any line in boot argument.

The boot argument "npci=0x2000" is only needed for GB mobos, not ASUS.

darkwake=0 keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 are not needed for ASUS X299, but will have no effect on success of boot.

ICEVISION:

VirtualSMC and it's associated files (kext and efi) are reportedly best for Catalina. Same reports say that FakeSMC prevents Catalina from working. (I switched over to VirtualSMC maybe 4 months ago.)

I've attached just the minimum drivers and kext files for Clover (there are no AGPMEnabler, SmallTree, or TSCAdjustReset kext files, which you may need).

Attachments

• UEFI-clover.zip
    52.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Other-basics.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I was using macOS Catalina GM without any problem with my two monitors.

After that, i installed the macOS Catalina Final version and when i reach to the config screen (Apple ID, etc.) the monitor starts to do this:

So i've been doing some tests and i disconnected one of the two monitors and it stopped doing that and worked as expected.

Is there any reason why it worked perfect on GM and not in Final version?

I was using macOS Catalina GM without any problem with my two monitors.

After that, i installed the macOS Catalina Final version and when i reach to the config screen (Apple ID, etc.) the monitor starts to do this:

So i've been doing some tests and i disconnected one of the two monitors and it stopped doing that and worked as expected.

Is there any reason why it worked perfect on GM and not in Final version?

Well, at first, mine did that too, but then after I rebooted it went away......I think they changed something which affected the Radeon VII cards. Didn't have that issue with my other machine (which has a Vega). I think I might have done a "sudo kextcache -i /" but not sure - just can't remember.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back