Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Motherboard
ASUS X299 Gaming E II
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
Vega 64
giving it a last try before I give up :silent: Could anyone have a look at my config and check if there is anything there which stops the USBMap to be loaded/applied?

thanks, that's what I did (the guide). hmm..

EDIT: I played with the kext and my config.plist but it seem I can't get the USBMap kext properly loaded. Also fail to enable proper logs to see what's happening :banghead: Don't quite get the different properties related to debugging/logging...

attaching my config.plist and USBmap. Maybe somebody here has the time and leisure to have a look... Thanks!

Motherboard
WS X299 Sage/10G -3001 - OpenCore
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Pro WX 8200
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On my old X299 Prime Deluxe, I had mine in Slot 5, and I had to re-do the AML for it. Then I moved it, and again I re-did the AML again. So you can move it around, but to get the best out of it, your TB AML should be adapted to the slot it's placed in. It might work without the AML correctly compiled for the designated slot, but you must have at least an X4 slot for it. It works in an X8 or x16 slot as well.

On my old Asus X99 motherboard, I had it in Slot 5, and it worked there. There was nothing in the manual for a preferred slot. (I just checked the manual - I still have it, and there's nothing I found about a suggested slot for the TB Card.) But, if your motherboard manual suggests a slot, use it if you can. More importantly, is that what you must do, is in the BIOS, for the section that handles TB configuration is to properly identify the slot that the TB card is in. It really won't work until that matches.

So, one way it might work is to connect it (the TB Card) is to put it in the slot you want, and then go into the BIOS and check there for the available slot assignments (in the BIOS, under the Thunderbolt configuration, look there for PCIe assignments). If the slot you put the TB card in is available, you're good to go to try and see if you can get it to work.

And, you may have to move some stuff around until you can find a slot for the TB card, and your two graphics cards. Good luck.

I'm looking through my TB AML that works well with my Titan Ridge in slot 2, but I'd like to edit it to allow me to move to another slot. I'm not seeing anything that refers to the PCI slot here- could you point me towards which fields you changed in yours?
I'd love to know more about SSDT structure and what's happening.
(This is the one I'm using--it was gifted by @djlild7hina)

Thank you!

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 38
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm looking through my TB AML that works well with my Titan Ridge in slot 2, but I'd like to edit it to allow me to move to another slot. I'm not seeing anything that refers to the PCI slot here- could you point me towards which fields you changed in yours?

Thank you!

are you using a flashed card? if not, it can only be used in slot-2

Motherboard
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Pro WX 8200
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
are you using a flashed card? if not, it can only be used in slot-2
Hello there! Yes it is flashed and DROM adjusted. I'm experimenting a bit and trying to expand my knowledge in case it ends up being possible to use 2 Titan Ridges together with one Sage/10G. I ended up jumping pins 3 and 5 as you mentioned in the other thread and it's working in Slot 2.
Have you had already had success in other slots? You're help has been wonderful.
Thank you!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac

Thank you!

Sorry, that's its been too long ago......I changed boards a long time ago, (that's a really old post) and don't recall that old config.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there! Yes it is flashed and DROM adjusted. I'm experimenting a bit and trying to expand my knowledge in case it ends up being possible to use 2 Titan Ridges together with one Sage/10G. I ended up jumping pins 3 and 5 as you mentioned in the other thread and it's working in Slot 2.
Have you had already had success in other slots? You're help has been wonderful.
Thank you!

Awesome can’t remember who has flashed their cards lol. But yes I’ve had it recognized in different slots since you don’t need the header anymore. I’m getting my other titan ridge card next week and I’ll flash both of them with nvm 50. Just need to adopt the ssdt using ioreg for the new location. Can you copy it to the slot you want and upload a copy of your ioreg?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
giving it a last try before I give up :silent: Could anyone have a look at my config and check if there is anything there which stops the USBMap to be loaded/applied?

I can take a look. Few things
1. Please update your system specs in your profile so it’s easier to help. Remind me what motherboard/bios you have?
2. Can you upload your efi?
3. Did you make a list or screenshot of identifying what port is which?
4. Remember to enable above 4G encoding and disable CSM

Motherboard
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Pro WX 8200
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Awesome can’t remember who has flashed their cards lol. But yes I’ve had it recognized in different slots since you don’t need the header anymore. I’m getting my other titan ridge card next week and I’ll flash both of them with nvm 50. Just need to adopt the ssdt using ioreg for the new location. Can you copy it to the slot you want and upload a copy of your ioreg?
You bet! I moved it to slot 5 for now and here's the IOReg. THank you

Attachments

• iMac Pro.ioreg
    17.9 MB · Views: 35
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z690 Extreme
CPU
Intel i9-12900k
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You bet! I moved it to slot 5 for now and here's the IOReg. THank you

Here try this. I just copied the SSDT you posted earlier and adapted to the slot.

If you look at the SSDT, the scope begins at SB.PC01.BR1A. We need to null SL01 and rename it to PEGP. I inserted a condition to only null if it's booted into macOS. Since the SAGE boards have PLX chips, there is an extra step and each slot is separated by pci-bridges. In this case, Slot-5 is pci-bridge @ address 10. Note: If you add extra cards/devices into the pci slots, the numbers may switch so you have to keep an eye on that.

Under the new scope PEGP, we give the device (pci-bridge@10) a name and specify the address. In this case, I named it EGP1 (name can be anything as long as it's not used already).

Here is some pseudo code on how it looks.
Code:
Scope (\_SB.PC01.BR1A)
{
    Scope (Sl01)
    {
        Null if macOS
    }

// create new scope PEGP
    Scope (PEGP)
    { 
        // create new device and specify address 10
        Device (EGP1)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00100000)
            // copy rest of thunderbolt code here
            { 
            }
        }
    }
}

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 00.30.21.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 00.30.21.png

Hope this helps! When I first started hacking X299, I was probably the first one here with a Sage and got very frustrated when I couldn't figure out how to adapt my SSDTs. Those pci-bridges can be annoying to understand and adapt in your SSDT at first!

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 47
Motherboard
Prime X299-A II
CPU
i9 9980XE
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ohh... that was a bit of time waste, downgrading to bios 2002 and removing SSDT-AWAC.aml
Is still lagging as hell. I'm switching back to bios patched 3101 with SSDT-AWAC.aml.

I think this is related to having sync all cores, for some reason, it likes it better like that. But bringing the slides high so I don't completely melt my CPU. If I have the offsets as KPG had them
AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"

My CPU is reaching 108°C during benchmark :)) So yeah the higher I slide the numbers, the lower it pushes the CPU limit.
Hey mate! Did you tried switching GPUs in your system? I suspect your theory regarding the reference card (anniversary) and Sapphire one could be correct. Actually, on Apple site regarding 3rd party GPU support, is stated “AMD Cards” for Navi and this could be important since for Polaris is otherwise recommended Sapphire. Hope to hear from you soon.