Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share my working efi, for Asus Strix X299-e Gaming (macOS 10.15.4)
Hi,
I have the same config as you (Motherboard), but I still got 1689 error, try everything and search fro the solution 1689 and did what is advise.
The only thing I see people say it may be because of the Bios version, do you mind sharing your bios version, and configuration?

Thanks, appreciated

Last edited:
I have the same Nitro. I never managed to make it work properlyCatalina 10.15.3. Are you saying take out WG an no flag? So far I used it as a secondary GPU an the primary was a Vega 64. With the 5700XT only I managed to get very laggy system or only the HDMI port would work.

Also, what’s your metal score for geekbench

MB: Asus Safe x299 Sage(base)

Can you please advise?
Also, what’s your metal score for geekbench5?

Thanks!
Nitro works fine here with weg on 10.5.4 with agpdmod=pikera flag

Personally I would use the 15 port limit kext on his github for your board. That way you don’t have to deal with patches every time a new update comes out.
I have the same setup can you please share your efi? Thanks!

I have the same setup can you please share your efi? Thanks!
would be best to actually setup your usb ports properly:

@Feartech Thanks for that. I think my problem is a little different. Sorry I jumped in the wrong reply.

I have a working Mojave based on @kpg forum. I'm trying to update to 10.15.3 (on another 500gb 970 Evo) because I bought a 5700XT Saphire and I would like some h264 acceleration that performs better than Vega64 and use that as the main graphic card.

I managed to install Catalina but I'm currently getting either freezes or restarts 3-5 minutes after the boot. Please find attached my EFI and the kernel panic log after the restart. Please let me know if you have any thoughts. I haven't implemented yet the TB hotplug either. Please let me know if I'm missing something or have redundant stuff.

Here are my specs:
CPU: i9 7980XE MB: WS-X299-SAGE (base, not 10G)
GPU: 5700XT Sapphire & Vega 64 (Sapphire)
RAM: Corsair CMW128GX4M8C3200C16 RGB Pro 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP
TB: GC-TITAN RIDGE NVME: 2X 500GB Evo 970 (1x for win 10, 1X for mac)
1x Blackmagic Mini 4k (HD &SDI)
6x 4TB HGTS (20Tb Raid)
1x Solarflare SFN5122F Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+
2x 27 Inch Apple Cinema Displays (mini display adapted to DP)
1x HDMI 27 Inch Sony for monitoring

Attachments

• Panic Error.pdf
    37.6 KB · Views: 102
  • EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 75
@Feartech Thanks for that. I think my problem is a little different. Sorry I jumped in the wrong reply.

I have a working Mojave based on @kpg forum. I'm trying to update to 10.15.3 (on another 500gb 970 Evo) because I bought a 5700XT Saphire and I would like some h264 acceleration that performs better than Vega64 and use that as the main graphic card.

I managed to install Catalina but I'm currently getting either freezes or restarts 3-5 minutes after the boot. Please find attached my EFI and the kernel panic log after the restart. Please let me know if you have any thoughts. I haven't implemented yet the TB hotplug either. Please let me know if I'm missing something or have redundant stuff.

Here are my specs:
CPU: i9 7980XE MB: WS-X299-SAGE (base, not 10G)
GPU: 5700XT Sapphire & Vega 64 (Sapphire)
RAM: Corsair CMW128GX4M8C3200C16 RGB Pro 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP
TB: GC-TITAN RIDGE NVME: 2X 500GB Evo 970 (1x for win 10, 1X for mac)
1x Blackmagic Mini 4k (HD &SDI)
6x 4TB HGTS (20Tb Raid)
1x Solarflare SFN5122F Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+
2x 27 Inch Apple Cinema Displays (mini display adapted to DP)
1x HDMI 27 Inch Sony for monitoring
the config.plist doesn't look like one KPG would have used

@Feartech You are right. This is the EFI I have for Mojave but is not working with installing Catalina and I'm not sure what to update on it to make it work. Maybe you can advise?

I just used DSM2's X299 Tutorial and built another configuration for the previous #771

Attachments

• Mojave EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 71
@Feartech You are right. This is the EFI I have for Mojave but is not working with installing Catalina and I'm not sure what to update on it to make it work. Maybe you can advise?

I just used DSM2's X299 Tutorial and built another configuration for the previous #771
you will need to use a later version of clover

Cheers, I will give that a go updating the clover.

Another thing to look at is your AVX and AVX-512 offsets in BIOS. Depending on how you are overclocking, I have found with the same 7980XE that I had random freezes that were brought on by Apple Music and DaVinci Resolve doing AVX calls.

(Note: your bio contradicts and says: 9980XE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back