Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one comment from a person who has been a long time X99 and X299 user and an advocate of @kgp - Folks, while his guide is still relevant, you should not take it as bible. For instance, enabling 4G encoding. KGP and I went back and forth about this, and I ended up enabling it, and couldn't boot without it. The guide is still great, but it's also just about a year old, and some aspects of it may need to be changed to fit your build.

Just a word to the wise....

I am an advocate for KGP and I owe help.

At the moment I am using Catalina 10.15.1 without any problem and everything is 100% functional.

I have changed the port limit and the change of my graph, I keep everything else.

good and updated the kext to the latest version, alc, weg, lilu.

I have graphic acceleration in finalcutX as well as adobe programs and I am delighted with the performance.
All usbs work perfectly.

What did happen to me, is that if I actulized the bios did not start, this happened to me in high sierra, after turning it around it was the option of 4G encoding that if I had it off it would not start and on if it did.

I use a different motherboard than yours, as well as cpu and graphics , the config that I put is for my system

@destroyerproductions I have tried your way with no luck, I'm still getting stuck at the darn TB line.. I have no idea what it is honestly
Maybe not the patch related here, but perhaps the thunderbolt settings in the bios because the screenshot reported an error in the PCi configuration

Maybe not the patch related here, but perhaps the thunderbolt settings in the bios because the screenshot reported an error in the PCi configuration
That's what I thought at first, but changing settings didn't make a difference, also disabling TB altogether made no changes in output... I am a little lost tbh

you have try to boot whit -x flag?
Did too, made no difference... On the post LED screen I have both codes B3 and 4A (4A is not noted in the manual, so I have no idea what is it for).. That is as far as I have gone to.

Hello everyone,

I'm building a X299X system with a Gigabyte X299X Designare EX 10G and a 10900X, besides having different BIOS and different PCH components, the build should be about the same, but I'm having trouble with Thunderbolt (surprisingly).

I'm trying to boot a Catalina 10.15 with clover v5099.

Even if I disable it all together it does come back to getting stuck in the same line at boot.

I'm a bit out of ideas.

To the degree you are able, you should try and check with either @Ellybz or @nmano and their postings. Both are Gigabyte X299 users, and I believe that @Ellybz posted his EFI in the Opencore thread on this forum, and I'm fairly sure it's still available. Good luck....

To the degree you are able, you should try and check with either @Ellybz or @nmano and their postings. Both are Gigabyte X299 users, and I believe that @Ellybz posted his EFI in the Opencore thread on this forum, and I'm fairly sure it's still available. Good luck....
Thanks for the tip, but I'm quite sure our EFI folders are not very different (we all use the same stuff haha:), I had help from @nmano in the past, so perhaps he and @Ellybz can lay a hand.

I changed the Kext to the latest
And the update went smoothly

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 22.20.17.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back