Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be from Sourceforge but I updated my two systems with 5094 and installed with 5092 on another : I used Githud repo for Clover release ;)

Anybody here has some experience with big Noctua air coolers and overclocked 18 core behemoths?? Thanks.

Thanks for all for all infos ;)
Frist I will try (tomorrow) again... install Catalina with my great working clover config (from 14.6)
as mentioned.... I didn't use AptioMemoryFix and I had old clover, so it was bad thing to force myself and
try to change something completely different :p
-We will see my results tomorrow...

At this moment I finished update (x10 or more) my BIOS on 2002 version :D
(updated 10 or more times cause new splash screen which I just created)
I wanted to create some logo/splashcreen which will work great with all screens,
but especially with my horrible 21/9 CF791 Samsung screen.
KGP and others created some different images but no one of these work on FullScreen (in bios Boot options)
so I tried to find some solution and I found :D

If someone with X299 Prime Deluxe (v1) or other Asus motherboards is interested (let me know) ;)

mgrscreen.png

Attachments

• BIOS-2002-AsusX299-PrimeDeluxe-v1.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Anybody here has some experience with big Noctua air coolers and overclocked 18 core behemoths?? Thanks.
Well, I used to use a Noctua NH-C14S on my delidded 140W TDP i7-7820X because my case (NCASE M1) had not enough room for a NH-D15. So not exactly the big Noctua air cooler but close.
With stock clocks the cooler was doing fine. I would estimate that it may have coped well with a slight overclock like 170W TDP equivalent (with higher noise). I since then switched to a 240mm AIO which allows me to maintain a overclock to 4.2GHz all core while maintaining ~170W TDP with temps at around 80°C in this tiny case with limited air flow. Very apple-esque. ;-) Short time burst are possible to 4.5GHz all core with ~190W TDP because the water has a nice "buffer capacity". Once warmed up the temps would of course raise in to not so comfortable regions if used with this high TDP rating.

I would assume that a Noctua NH-D15 would allow a slightly higher TDP in a well ventilated case while maintaining reasonable temps and noise.
But as far as I have seen, the more extreme overclocked 18 core CPUs will be more like 200+W TDP at least and this results in some pretty extreme cooling needs.
I would have no problem using this cooler an a 18 core CPU with stock clocks but for overclocking I would not.

Well, I used to use a Noctua NH-C14S on my delidded 140W TDP i7-7820X because my case (NCASE M1) had not enough room for a NH-D15. So not exactly the big Noctua air cooler but close.
With stock clocks the cooler was doing fine. I would estimate that it may have coped well with a slight overclock like 170W TDP equivalent (with higher noise). I since then switched to a 240mm AIO which allows me to maintain a overclock to 4.2GHz all core while maintaining ~170W TDP with temps at around 80°C in this tiny case with limited air flow. Very apple-esque. ;-) Short time burst are possible to 4.5GHz all core with ~190W TDP because the water has a nice "buffer capacity". Once warmed up the temps would of course raise in to not so comfortable regions if used with this high TDP rating.

I would assume that a Noctua NH-D15 would allow a slightly higher TDP in a well ventilated case while maintaining reasonable temps and noise.
But as far as I have seen, the more extreme overclocked 18 core CPUs will be more like 200+W TDP at least and this results in some pretty extreme cooling needs.
I would have no problem using this cooler an a 18 core CPU with stock clocks but for overclocking I would not.

I currently have a 360mm aio from Corsair which is capable of cooling my 9980xe clocked from 5 ghz 2 cores to 4,3ghz all cores. I think a D15 wouldn’t be able to the same, am I right?

I currently have a 360mm aio from Corsair which is capable of cooling my 9980xe clocked from 5 ghz 2 cores to 4,3ghz all cores. I think a D15 wouldn’t be able to the same, am I right?
No, for sure not. The D15 is +- on par with a good 240mm AIO in cooling ability.

Catalina -> Maps -> Maps cannot locate the current position.

OC 0.5.2

Anyone have the same issue?

Mine is the same - just upgraded this iMac Pro to Catalina last night, and Maps finds nothing at all. Is there a fix??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back