Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Well... it seems you're taking care of me :) am I supposed to do something or just wait? just asking...

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2x Vega 56
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Well... it seems you're taking care of me :) am I supposed to do something or just wait? just asking...
Yes @djlild7hina provide useful recommendations ( thanks :clap:) so we may continue on the X299 OC thread. ;)

Here are your system SSDTs and for the OC SSDTs on the OC thread
NB : the SSDTs are from Kgp repo but adapted for some to your system

Attachments

Motherboard
Prime X299-A
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Yes @djlild7hina provide useful recommendations ( thanks :clap:) so we may continue on the X299 OC thread. ;)

Here are your system SSDTs and for the OC SSDTs on the OC thread
NB : the SSDTs are from Kgp repo but adapted for some to your system
So I have to inject all of them in ACPI folder/config.plist of Opencore? I suppose I have to leave EC-USBX + PLUG + RTC0 + SBUS as they previously are in my EFI?

Thanks for your work, really appreciated. Hope someone else with Prime x299-a will enjoy this.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2x Vega 56
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I have to inject all of them in ACPI folder/config.plist of Opencore? I suppose I have to leave EC-USBX + PLUG + RTC0 + SBUS as they previously are in my EFI?

Thanks for your work, really appreciated. Hope someone else with Prime x299-a will enjoy this.
Yes put this on ACPI and you must edit your OC config.plist ( with Xcode or TextMate) but you will also add the SSDTs linked by @djlild7hina
SSDT-EC-USBX-X299
SSDT-PLUG-X299
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC ( required for OC)
SSDT-DTGP
(With the Titan Ridge I also add SSDT-XOSI)

And after we will meet us on the X299 OC thread ;) TYA (Exciting the X299 system)

Last edited:

djlild7hina

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
Intel i9 9960X
Graphics
AMD RX 580
Yes put this on ACPI and you must edit your OC config.plist ( with Xcode or TextMate) but you will also add the SSDTs linked by @djlild7hina
SSDT-EC-USBX-X299
SSDT-PLUG-X299
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC ( required for OC)
SSDT-DTGP
(With the Titan Ridge I also add SSDT-XOSI)

And after we will meet us on the X299 OC thread ;) TYA (Exciting the X299 system)
Note that you don't need SSDT-DTGP if you have SSDT-SBUS-MCHC. the DTGP method is already included :) So make sure SSDT-SBUS-MCHC is first in your config.plist, since other SSDTs may reference that method. Also this thread is kinda like a second OC thread since mostly everyone moved to OC. :lol:

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2x Vega 56
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Note that you don't need SSDT-DTGP if you have SSDT-SBUS-MCHC. the DTGP method is already included :) So make sure SSDT-SBUS-MCHC is first in your config.plist, since other SSDTs may reference that method. Also this thread is kinda like a second OC thread since mostly everyone moved to OC. :lol:
Yes, it was quite long and sometimes difficult to adopt OC for me ( It felt like I was still at my own job :D ) but necessary for the future...

Motherboard
Prime X299-A
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Ok, it boots and it seems snappier! Attached new IOReg and screen of PCI Devices.

I tried multiple reboots, goes every time but I noticed that the 1st time the audio "pop" feedback when you raise/low volume from keyboard was super fast (popped at every key press even if I fast repeat presses) but from 2nd time on it pops only at the last bar, exactly how it did with the old EFI. Maybe an NVRAM reset is needed? Waiting for your general feedback.

EDIT: after a sleep/wake cycle the "pop" is super responsive (also, just like the old EFI)

Attachments

Last edited: