Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait anymore ahahah :beachball:
:) : I'm working on it : it looks like there is progress in your IOReg:

Code:
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC02@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR2A@0/IOPP/SL05@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/display@0/AMDRadeonX5000_AMDVega20GraphicsAccelerator

:beachball: just a little more time ;)

Edit : your display screen is BenQ EW3270U ?

Last edited:
:) : I'm working on it : it looks like there is progress in your IOReg:

Code:
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC02@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR2A@0/IOPP/SL05@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/display@0/AMDRadeonX5000_AMDVega20GraphicsAccelerator

:beachball: just a little more time ;)

Edit : your display screen is BenQ EW3270U ?

Yes it is! 3 of them! all on DP ports, the HDMI is empty (for now). You're great, you're great even if I don't even know what you are doing :p ahahah

Yes it is! 3 of them! all on DP ports, the HDMI is empty (for now). You're great, you're great even if I don't even know what you are doing :p ahahah
One thing is interesting : as you booted without SSDT, I would like to know more about your Prime X299-A and your Radeon VII because I don't have one
So :
Can you upload your system DSDT ? ( run MaciASL and save it as system_piero DSDT.aml )
I know it will take a little longer ...but may be more efficient.

Last edited:
One thing is interesting : as you booted without SSDT, I would like to know more about your Prime X299-A and your Radeon VII because I don't have one
So :
Can you upload your system DSDT ? ( run MaciASL and save it as system_piero DSDT.aml )
I know it will take a little longer ...but may be more efficient.

Sure I can, gimme a few minutes. But please explain me what's the purpose of all of this, I'd like to learn!

Sure I can, gimme a few minutes. But please explain me what's the purpose of all of this, I'd like to learn!

Just to see your system compared to mine X299 Deluxe to fit SSDTs.
And also about the Pcie properties about Radeon VII in your system , because the basic SSDT for the Radeon VII was made a few months ago by Kgp for iMacPro Smbios and WEG.
I will explain more after.

Just to see your system compared to mine X299 Deluxe to fit SSDTs.
And also about the Pcie properties about Radeon VII in your system , because the basic SSDT for the Radeon VII was made a few months ago by Kgp for iMacPro Smbios and WEG.
I will explain more after.
MaciASL doesn't let me save my System DSDT, it says it cannot compile it :banghead:

Rehabman version worked, attached! Acidanthera one didn't work.

Attachments

• System Piero DSDT.aml
    121.3 KB · Views: 53
MaciASL doesn't let me save my System DSDT, it says it cannot compile it :banghead:
Another way if you have an USB with Clover : F4 at the Clover bootloader screen dumps native ACPI files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin :)

Edit : ok you got it .

Assuming you dont have any acpi patches you can use Hackintool to export. Under the Utilities tab and 'Dump ACPI' on the bottom.

it is in the laptop section but the principle is still the same

although most desktops don't really require a DSDT though:

Rehabman version worked, attached! Acidanthera one didn't work.

Attachments

• System Piero DSDT.aml
    121.3 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back