Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9960X
Graphics
RX 580
I report an issue with iStats Menu (legit version) on Catilina. With Mojave network traffic (download from Internet or Upload Inet/lan) is shown correctly. With Catilina and with the last iStats Menu version network traffic is not correctly shown. When I download from Internet (200mb fiber) I've no correct value. I tried iStatistica Pro too but same issue with network traffic. Someone has the same issue and if so how to solve or fix? Maybe it's because of lan kext?
iStats hasn’t been updated for a while so it might be a bug. Have you updated to the Catalina Smalltree kext?

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Edition 30
CPU
I9-7900X
Graphics
GTX 1080 / Vega 64
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi all.... weird question but my boot loader is on my Mac drive, an internal SSD. I have windows 10 on the NVME, two separate drives. The BIOS has defaulted back to loading the Windows boot manager first, bypassing my boot loader / Mac volume all together. I have the original X299 Prime Deluxe motherboard. When I select F2 or Delete to enter the BIOS, I just get a blank screen. I can not for the life of me access the setup/Bios settings.

Selecting F8 during boot up gave me the ability to select the Mac drive with the boot loader on it. When I selected Mac, my keyboard and mouse weren't recognized, so I had to hard reboot. This time when I selected F8, I selected "enter setup" to see if it would let me in that way, and it did the same thing: Blank screen. NOW, when I select F8 to try to get to the Mac drive, all I get is a blank screen! I can't even select the Mac disk because the quick select menu won't show up now.....

I have tried different monitors and different types of connections ie HDMI, Display port. I'm really going crazy. I have tried the Windows 10 route of going into settings, recovery, etc. to get the UEFI Bios set up page to display, but nothing will work. The computer boots into windows just fine. My problem is that the settings USED to show up with my monitor (using display port), and now all of a sudden it won't. I have tried removing all PCIE cards and just trying with the video card (Saphire Nitro plus 5700 XT), and I have taken the battery out and tried several BIOS resets. I don't know if it is the monitor, video card, motherboard, BIOS, what? Thank you for any help or experience you might have with this issue, if at all.... I am about to refresh the 3006 BIOS again, but does it still need to be patched?

EDIT: Reinstalled the BIOS using the Flash USB Bios update, and all is working fine again. It was such weird behavior.
That happened to me several times with that board, I finally fixed it by installing Windows without the macOS drive installed at all and installing macOS without the Windows drive installed and then used a third usb drive to permanently place my Bootloader as well as removing the drive of the other OS when I was installing major OS updates/upgrades or re-installs, also removed the Bootloader usb stick during windows version upgrades or installs because Windows seems to like to hijack other drives for its needs

as an example, if you install windows 10 on two separate drives while both are installed the second drive will not contain any bootmanager of any kind and if you remove the first drive that does contain it the second drive will be unbootable on its own

Motherboard
Asus Sage 10/G X299
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
AMD Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
iStats hasn’t been updated for a while so it might be a bug. Have you updated to the Catalina Smalltree kext?
No, please can you attach the updated kext here? Or give me the link of the repo?

Motherboard
Asus Sage 10/G X299
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
AMD Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I updated the driver but the issue is still there. And not only with iStats that is outdated but with iStatistica Pro too...and this one is updated for Catilina

Motherboard
Asus Sage 10/G X299
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
AMD Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
@djlild7hina
I ordered a new Gigabyte GC Titan Ridge Card because buying a raspberry kit to program the chip is expansive than buy a card just flashed. It's from USA so it will need time to arrive.
Reading your previous post I suppose you are using a flashed Titan Ridge Card....right? So my question is...what SSDT you are actually using for a flashed tb3 card? And I read Casey post but I didn't understand well the procedure to assign an unique ID (maybe it's very simple and I didn't read it well...) so I will ask you to help me when I will receive the card.

qbe

Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i7 7820X
Graphics
Sapphire 5700XT Pulse
anyone has experience with AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT by @mattystonnie with 5700xt on build based on kgp guide?

the SSDT does nothing for me, he mentions to rename PEGP to EGP0, i dont see any pegp in my setup, only gfx0

Motherboard
Prime X299-A
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
anyone has experience with AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT by @mattystonnie with 5700xt on build based on kgp guide?

the SSDT does nothing for me, he mentions to rename PEGP to EGP0, i dont see any pegp in my setup, only gfx0
I use RadeonBoost.kext which does the same thing easier, but you don’t need this stuff with 5700xt. That’s for Polaris and Vega only, it patches the gpu firmware to operate at higher clocks overriding Apple drivers. Actually I think It causes problems with Navi and is clearly stated to not use it. Forget about it

Motherboard
Asus x299 SAGE 10/g
CPU
i9-9940X
Graphics
Vega 64
hello friends, finally im on the installing path!

i have 2 hardware bugs- system temp at idle is cpu- 45c mobo- 50c, which is a bit high. and not all memory is recognized- only slots C1 and D1, ignoring A1 and B1.

im going for the OpenCore way and have two questions regarding the order of the installation:

1. when is a good time during the install process to run ubuntu in order to flash the 10g chips? i dont need the ubuntu afterwards.

2. when is a good time during the install process to run windows 10 in order to configure the thunderbolt? i remember reading that OC supports BootCamp, so maybe this is a better way to have multiboot sys?

i remember on Camelion and Clover days that multi boot systems are trickier to work with and can cause disk structure curruption, is that the case with OpenCore also? i can live without windows, done that for the past 15 years on hacks.

thanks in advance!

ps i cant edit signature somehow, will try again later.