Contribute
Register

ASUS X-299 Deluxe II - Thunderbolt Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello !
this is the ioreg

Attachments

• iMac Pro de Mac.ioreg
    10.9 MB · Views: 82
no one find a solution for cold boot and hotplug thunderbolt ? :)

Hi i tried different things, then Dez's Efi but still not thunderbolt hotplug :(
no one could help me please ?

Thanks Thanks Thanks

I want to buy asus Prime X299 Edition 30, Just for installing Hackintosh System,
I think it's very similar to Deluxe II
I mainly use the hackintosh system and I am not interested in Windows,
Is this a good choice? (X299 Edition 30)
What is a better choice than this?

Any idea?

Regards

just checking in over here - caseysj has been helping with patching the TB Titan Ridge firmware on the asus x299 prime deluxe II to enable local node, but somehow i have more fundamental problems it seems.

despite having my bios set up (almost, see below) as shown by @dez in post #98, the TB3 ports are powered down unless a USB-C hub/dock is plugged into one of the ports when i cold boot. if i cold boot with my USB-C hub and elgato TB3 mini dock connected, the mini-dock works. and even using Dez's latest SSDT, hot-removal of the TB3 dock kills both ports - hot plugging the USB-C hub results in it only showing up on the USB2 controller. hot-plugging the elgato TB3 dock again does not work; it is not recognized again. all of this seems contrary to some of the successes in this thread.

i am running bios 3006 which has been patched for CFG Lock to work properly. the thunderbolt config screens are a little different. do you guys thing that downgrading the BIOS would resolve any of these issues? or was the failure to boot under 3006 an unrelated problem (because i can boot fine using opencore on 3006.)

Last edited:
just checking in over here - caseysj has been helping with patching the TB Titan Ridge firmware on the asus x299 prime deluxe II to enable local node, but somehow i have more fundamental problems it seems.

despite having my bios set up (almost, see below) as shown by @dez in post #98, the TB3 ports are powered down unless a USB-C hub/dock is plugged into one of the ports when i cold boot. if i cold boot with my USB-C hub and elgato TB3 mini dock connected, the mini-dock works. and even using Dez's latest SSDT, hot-removal of the TB3 dock kills both ports - hot plugging the USB-C hub results in it only showing up on the USB2 controller. hot-plugging the elgato TB3 dock again does not work; it is not recognized again. all of this seems contrary to some of the successes in this thread.

i am running bios 3006 which has been patched for CFG Lock to work properly. the thunderbolt config screens are a little different. do you guys thing that downgrading the BIOS would resolve any of these issues? or was the failure to boot under 3006 an unrelated problem (because i can boot fine using opencore on 3006.)

I have my TB3 accessory always plugged in so I've not tested HP since 10.15.4 to be very honest. If you could share IOReg screenshots upon hot-plug and cold-boot, we can check this further. I'm still on the older BIOS.

I have my TB3 accessory always plugged in so I've not tested HP since 10.15.4 to be very honest. If you could share IOReg screenshots upon hot-plug and cold-boot, we can check this further. I'm still on the older BIOS.

thanks. i will dump them out again today. i have been considering downgrading the bios to 0802 but i wonder if that bios has the cfg lock bug and needs to be patched to fix that. do you remember?

Reactions: dez
well, we got it working - hotplug too. i have another firmware to test to see if it fixes my power problems.

the SSDT needs methods to catch the interrupts generated by the hotplug, and you need to use clover or opencore's ACPI renaming to move the built-in interrupt code out of the way. i think CaseySJ is going to publish this stuff soon over on his thread.

well, we got it working - hotplug too. i have another firmware to test to see if it fixes my power problems.

the SSDT needs methods to catch the interrupts generated by the hotplug, and you need to use clover or opencore's ACPI renaming to move the built-in interrupt code out of the way. i think CaseySJ is going to publish this stuff soon over on his thread.
Hi, Can you Share your efi please ?
i have the Same build of you but i didn’t succeed to activate Hotplug !
many Thanks

CaseySJ is going to release everything when it is ready. I am using opencore, so not sure if my EFI would be helpful to you. the key thing is that you need the SSDT that matches up with this motherboard (which was developed by another user) and most importantly you need to flash the thunderbolt firmware with a raspberry Pi. i'm not sure if any of this would work right on the stock thunderbolt firmware.

there are 2 parts to the hotplug thing. one is having the right SSDT and the other is the rename of the _E4C method already in the ACPI table to something else so that the _E4C method included in the thunderbolt SSDT can override it. that is done with a Clover or Opencore ACPI rename, but i think it can also be done by an SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back