Contribute
Register

ASUS X-299 Deluxe II - Thunderbolt Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dez posted a great efi folder for this board up in this thread which should address a lot of issues. The one it won't solve though is that Nvidia GPU's aren't supported above 10.13.6. There are no drivers for Nvidia cards for Mac OS 10.14 or 10.15 or any way to get them to work.

I will look for it, and give a try, something that I forgot to say is that I'm using 10.13.6 and the 1080 ti work perfectly but the 2080-ti is not recognized. I believe it should be driver related but I'm not sure. i will continue trying.
thank you @sixsixtysix

I will look for it, and give a try, something that I forgot to say is that I'm using 10.13.6 and the 1080 ti work perfectly but the 2080-ti is not recognized. I believe it should be driver related but I'm not sure. i will continue trying.
thank you @sixsixtysix

The 1080ti is a pascal card and the drivers released up until 10.13.6 support that architecture. There has never been drivers for the RTX under Mac OS.

@dez Wondering if you have tried the new BIOS for this board (version 3306). I updated and it completely made my system unbootable (Stuck at ++++++++++++++++)

Any chance you could post your BIOS settings to make sure I am not missing something?

Reactions: dez
@dez Wondering if you have tried the new BIOS for this board (version 3306). I updated and it completely made my system unbootable (Stuck at ++++++++++++++++)

Any chance you could post your bios settings to make sure I am not missing something?

UPDATE: I reverted back to BIOS 0802 via the ASUS Flashback button (Trying to downgrade from the BIOS threw an error) and Mac OS is booting again.

DO NOT UPDATE TO BIOS 3306! It appears they did something with the memory mapping on the Prime Deluxe II

Reactions: dez
UPDATE: I reverted back to BIOS 0802 via the ASUS Flashback button (Trying to downgrade from the BIOS threw an error) and Mac OS is booting again.

DO NOT UPDATE TO BIOS 3306! It appears they did something with the memory mapping on the Prime Deluxe II
I had deferred the update for the weekend. Wont try it now.

Did you have above 4G Decoding turned on or off?

It was on, but I tried every setting that you normally need to mess with in the new bios (CSM, MSR, etc) and it never booted past the memfix +++++++

As soon as I did a flashback to 0802 and reset the bios settings it booted right up.

It was on, but I tried every setting that you normally need to mess with in the new bios (CSM, MSR, etc) and it never booted past the memfix +++++++

As soon as I did a flashback to 0802 and reset the bios settings it booted right up.
@sixsixtysix Exactly my situation. Like I imagine you did, I essentially retraced my 0802 configiration footsteps with the upgraded 3306, and always slapped in the face with the ++++++ freeze. I had a few unkind words to say about my Asus board, but all was redeemed when I used the flashback system. Many thanks for pointing out this feature! I'm back up and fully running with the 0802 version again. Cheers!

Thats twice the Flashback utility has saved me. Once when I bought the board and it wasn't loaded with 0802 to support my 10980xe and now this. I think I am good with messing with the bios on this board for a while :)

My new config is the same yours except Graphics card.

With 4G decoding on it's boot well ; if off, not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back