Contribute
Register

ASUS X-299 Deluxe II - Thunderbolt Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my .ioreg I didnt change anything to do with the APCI path of the ports because of Im not sure how to do that.

I have a fully working system now including TB3 HotPlug. You can view the EFI for 10.15.2 https://github.com/dezinezync/X299-EFI-Folder-Distributions

Edit: Added screenshot
Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 10.58.35 AM.png

Last edited:
@dez I just finish installing on my Deluxe II with 10980X. I'm on 10.13.6 because I have some Nvidia cards.

Im looking information about the WiFi, Bluetooth of this MB. and any other advice of post installation of the Deluxe II :D

Thank you

@dez I just finish installing on my Deluxe II with 10980X. I'm on 10.13.6 because I have some Nvidia cards.

Im looking information about the WiFi, Bluetooth of this MB. and any other advice of post installation of the Deluxe II :D

Thank you
The Bluetooth will work out of the box, WiFi will not work because it is a Intel WiFi chip. Same for the 5G port. No drivers in the aqc Kext yet for AQC111. I might try with spoofing the device ID later on the weekend.

Edit: I have both onboard WiFi/BT disabled (from BIOS) at the moment as I am using a Broadcom chip. However, I might change that and re-enable the onboard BT as it conforms to the 5.0 spec.

I have a fully working system now including TB3 HotPlug. You can view the EFI for 10.15.2 https://github.com/dezinezync/X299-EFI-Folder-Distributions

Edit: Added screenshotView attachment 447071
Trying your EFI on my Prime Deluxe II with 10980xe and all seems to work except it kills off my Broadcom WIFI card in slot PCIX1_1.

My PCI cards are:
PCIEX16_1 - Radeon VII
PCIX1_1 - Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth
PCIEX16_2 - Radeon VII
PCIX1_2 - Empty
PCIEX16_3 - NVME Raid Card

Without the PC00 -> PCI0 patch the cards all work, but aren't displayed properly. With the patch everything is displayed properly but the Broadcom Wifi is missing (Bluetooth works)

Any ideas?

Trying your EFI on my Prime Deluxe II with 10980xe and all seems to work except it kills off my Broadcom WIFI card in slot PCIX1_1.

My PCI cards are:
PCIEX16_1 - Radeon VII
PCIX1_1 - Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth
PCIEX16_2 - Radeon VII
PCIX1_2 - Empty
PCIEX16_3 - NVME Raid Card

Without the PC00 -> PCI0 patch the cards all work, but aren't displayed properly. With the patch everything is displayed properly but the Broadcom Wifi is missing (Bluetooth works)

Any ideas?
I had the same issue with the 1x slots. Moved the card the last x16 slot and everything works for me.

Seeing your setup, that doesn’t sound like an option. I believe you’ll have to turn off the USB 3.1 C port header on the mobo from the BIOS for the PCIX1_1 slot to work properly.

I had the same issue with the 1x slots. Moved the card the last x16 slot and everything works for me.

Seeing your setup, that doesn’t sound like an option. I believe you’ll have to turn off the USB 3.1 C port header on the mobo from the BIOS for the PCIX1_1 slot to work properly.
Are you referring to the front USB 3.1 header?

I realized the card shows up, but the wifi network connection is missing from the OS / Prefs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 1.30.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 1.30.44 PM.png
    597.8 KB · Views: 80
Are you referring to the front USB 3.1 header?

I realized the card shows up, but the wifi network connection is missing from the OS / Prefs.
Can you check the following: open Network Preferences, if you see WiFi there, click on it, it should be turned off. Click on it, next to the Turn On button, it should read, “Localizable.strings” or similar. If that is the case, then it’s the same issue I mentioned earlier.

The PCI1_1 slot shares bandwidth with the front-panel USB-C header on the motherboard. Only one can be active at any time, so you’ll have to disable the USB-C header

Can you check the following: open Network Preferences, if you see WiFi there, click on it, it should be turned off. Click on it, next to the Turn On button, it should read, “Localizable.strings” or similar. If that is the case, then it’s the same issue I mentioned earlier.

The PCI1_1 slot shares bandwidth with the front-panel USB-C header on the motherboard. Only one can be active at any time, so you’ll have to disable the USB-C header

Same thing here; "Localizable Strings" in the wifi on/off button in the sys prefs. The wifi icon shows up in the menu bar but it's disconnected and not clickable. Disabling the USB-C header for the front panel in the bios as well as disconnecting it from the motherboard didn't change anything unfortunately.

Funny thing is with a very base EFI folder the system runs fine except for TB3 hot swap, it just displays everything as "generic" in the system profiler.

Same thing here; "Localizable Strings" in the wifi on/off button in the sys prefs. The wifi icon shows up in the menu bar but it's disconnected and not clickable. Disabling the USB-C header for the front panel in the bios as well as disconnecting it from the motherboard didn't change anything unfortunately.

Funny thing is with a very base EFI folder the system runs fine except for TB3 hot swap, it just displays everything as "generic" in the system profiler.
Have you adapted the ACPI path for the ARPT SSDT? I don't think it'll affect anything in your system as I'm pretty sure at this point, this has to do with providing data channels to that PCI slot.

No, honestly I only have 5 ACPI patches and all the PCI slots work, including PCIX1_1 and PCIX16_3 which is running at 8x with a dual NVME raid card in it and the bios set to CPU Storage for that slot. There are a total of 5 NVME drives, 2 Radeon VII's and the Broadcom card all on the PCI bus and all of which work if I don't try to patch it for some reason.

The other odd thing I noticed even when I ran your EFI is that the HDMI audio outs for the Radeon's were showing up on separate PCI slots as the cards themselves. In your screenshot it was on the same slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back