Contribute
Register

ASUS X-299 Deluxe II - Thunderbolt Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here; ASUS Prime Deluxe II + 9900X + Radeon VII.
Reboot after the random seeds with Clover 4972.
Turned off fast boot, VT-d, no luck.
Can't turn off above 4g, causing mb to report pci resource allocation error, out of resources.

Same here; ASUS Prime Deluxe II + 9900X + Radeon VII.
Reboot after the random seeds with Clover 4972.
Turned off fast boot, VT-d, no luck.
Can't turn off above 4g, causing mb to report pci resource allocation error, out of resources.

I got it pass the random seed, and shows more installation logs!
Still not fully installed but that's great progress!
I followed @kgp 's guide [1] closely this time, and uses his EFI as a baseline. One significant change I made is to disable the MSR 0xE2 BIOS Register by enableing the xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha Kernel patch, see D.2 section.

And I also fixed the IOCPUNumber in the TSCAdjustRest.kext

Will report back if I fully installed it.

[1] https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353/

I got to see the Mojave installation UI after struggling for a couple nights.
Turns out using HDMI of the Radeon VII will caused black screen, and using DP solves the problem. However, 2 of the 3 DPs doesn't work for now, can't even boot with them.
Not sure if it's hardware issue, my Radeon VII was made by gigabyte.

Got catalina running finally with my build!! Spent bunch of time trying to figure out why my system was super laggy, turned out I forgot TSCAdjustRest.kext...
Now it's running smoothly!
Gonna figure out the bluetooth story (bought the broadcom card but I don't have enough usb internal ports), then gonna spent restore the system from a time machine and dig into the TB3 issue.

Cheers!

Yeah! My Bluetooth and Airdrop is fully working now after I created the SSDT USB patch with RehabMan's guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

The Radeon VII is well supported in Catalina public beta, I don't need Lilu or weg kexts. Also, since I am using my USB SSDT patch, I don't need the USB unlimited hack. Sooo happy!

Not sure if TB3 is working at full speed, yet. I need to do some test.

Thank you!

@yfhackintosh
Would you be so nice and would you share all your final files (EFI folder)? I am not lazy to do things, it is just my knowledge and brain is not able to understand all these things so I am quite forced to ask good people for help :(
I think I am able to buy your exact config in next weeks. I built an (easy) hackintosh in the past, but X299 setup is too difficult for me.

@pipoland Here you are
Remember to update the serial and UUID, etc.
Also on BIOS I have disabled MSR lock, CSM, fast boot, and Bluetooth.
If you are not using X299 Prime Deluxe II motherboard, then replace the SSTD with your own.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    158 bytes · Views: 201
@yfhackintosh
Man, really thank you !!!!!!, but the zip file seems to be corrupted? ONLY 158 bites in size :(

Thank you!!! I am going to buy the same computer parts in September so this will definitely help me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back