Contribute
Register

ASUS Vivobook S550CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

I should edit the model. But before buying, I wanted to know if everything was good to go to Mac OS X. I have reviewed the topic and I see no conclusion. Sorry, my English is average (little French).

I also have an ASUS Vivobook S550CA. I've gotten OS X up and running twice now, using your guides @RehabMan. I'm just stuck getting a few things working:
  • Backlight functionality and brightness settings.
  • Getting the laptop to sleep on lid close.
  • Audio through built-in speakers (headphones are working).
  • Battery information.
I've tried DSDT patching for the battery info. First, I tried applying some patches you made using MaciASL. No luck. I checked out your guide on how to patch DSDT's manually, but got completely lost as to where to even begin. Could you point me in the right direction? I'm willing to learn.

W.r.t. the audio, I've tried several kext's, still no luck. I also tried your backlight kext, no luck.

Would you mind helping me out? Would be amazing to get everything working.

Regards,
-S

I also have an ASUS Vivobook S550CA. I've gotten OS X up and running twice now, using your guides @RehabMan. I'm just stuck getting a few things working:
  • Backlight functionality and brightness settings.
  • Getting the laptop to sleep on lid close.
  • Audio through built-in speakers (headphones are working).
  • Battery information.
I've tried DSDT patching for the battery info. First, I tried applying some patches you made using MaciASL. No luck. I checked out your guide on how to patch DSDT's manually, but got completely lost as to where to even begin. Could you point me in the right direction? I'm willing to learn.

W.r.t. the audio, I've tried several kext's, still no luck. I also tried your backlight kext, no luck.

Would you mind helping me out? Would be amazing to get everything working.

Regards,
-S

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thank you! I'll give the different sections a try and ask in more detail if I run into any problems...

Hy man , i have the same laptop like you . YES is possible to convert this into a Hackintosh.
If you need help , I'm here.
can you help me with sound in Catalina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back