Graphics
HD4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Would it be possible to convert this into a Hackintosh whilst keeping full functionality?

Specs-
CPU: Intel Core i5 3317U
Motherboard: S550CA
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. S550CA.202
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Wifi: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/133298-asus-s500ca-mavericks-10-9-a.html

I found this thread but the guy gives no instructions as to what he did to achieve a successful installation.

Thanks

Would it be possible to convert this into a Hackintosh whilst keeping full functionality?

Specs-

http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/133298-asus-s500ca-mavericks-10-9-a.html

I found this thread but the guy gives no instructions as to what he did to achieve a successful installation.

Thanks

Probably. Read here for compatibility overview: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

Specs-

Thanks

Hy man , i have the same laptop like you . YES is possible to convert this into a Hackintosh.
If you need help , I'm here.

Hy man , i have the same laptop like you . YES is possible to convert this into a Hackintosh.
If you need help , I'm here.

Thanks a lot. I'm honestly struggling with some really basic things here. Could you please tell me the boot flags you used to get to the OSX installer?

Thanks a lot. I'm honestly struggling with some really basic things here. Could you please tell me the boot flags you used to get to the OSX installer?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Yes :

First of all , you need to know , WIFI its not working.

The boot flag of installation is:
Code:
-v IGPlatformID=01660003 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes

Yes :

First of all , you need to know , WIFI its not working.

The boot flag of installation is:
Code:
-v IGPlatformID=01660003 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes

I've done this and have had a white screen with the loading symbol and a movable mouse for the past fifteen minutes.

Thank you both very much, installing now. pabloesco, after installation how shall I go about getting most things to work? Specifics and links would be ideal.

Thank you both very much, installing now. pabloesco, after installation how shall I go about getting most things to work? Specifics and links would be ideal.

After installing:
1. boot from UnibeatsUSB into your HDD with the installing flags.
2. download MultiBeast , Chameleon Wizard, ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3 and Kext Wizard.
2a. Install from MultiBeast this kexts from the following image.
Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 23.55.19.jpg

EDIT your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

This are mine ... for you to see.

Code:
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Instant Menu</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

After installing this open > Chameleon Wizard > SMBios and edit your smbios.plist with MacBook Air 5,2
The default Chameleon wizard will save the file in documents , go there copy intro /yourHardDrive/Extra

if anything look OK. go and reboot. and be ready to have download the ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3 already on your HDD!
... After booting in , you have to Generate your CPU SSDT.

Open ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3 > Select only SSDT generator. , next , next.
This will generate for you your SSDT.aml if the program generate into Desktop or Documents you need to copy SSDT.aml in your /Extra Folder.

Then ADD into your org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Code:
    <key>DropSSDT</key>  
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>No</string>

Then Reboot , and replay here, i will give you the part 2.
Sound , light, trackpad, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back