Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Asus VivoBook S530Fn - Intel UHD 620 + NVIDIA MX150 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Feartech I assumed that the macOS was somehow corrupted. I reinstalled again the macOS successfully using the config attached below. I was able to get a IORegistry file from the laptop.
I tried to run install_tools but it was always failing due to no Internet Connectivity. Then I looked for offline solutions and found the tool on GitHub with offline instructions. It kept failing as well
install_tools ?

install_tools ?
Yes. You told me to generate a System Report File using that tool. I can't do it due to lack of internet connectivity
next time:
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:
Edit #1 - I will try (again) to generate 'Proper Problem Reporting Files'

@Feartech I really need your help. Can you see anything useful in the ioreg file from post #50?
I didn't touch the Clover Bootloader at all since I sucessefully installed macOS and now I can't boot it again. It's stuck on the Apple Logo

Right now I'm following this guide [https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/].
My gut is telling me that it's a conflict between the NVIDIA MX150 and the Intel UHD 620.
At the moment I have extracted all the ACPI Files and looked for the "_INI" and for the "_OFF" command and found this:

Since there's only one SSDT that appeared and not multiple, I think it turns on and off from that one SSDT. So I opened it and looked for the 'INI' command:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be like this. Right?

I looked for the OFF command inside that same .dsl and found two matches but one of them is inside a PowerResource Macro so it's not that one, leading for the correct one (print screen above):

At least the ID are equal on both. I can't find any "EC" thingy on this dsl file.
I copied the code to turn off the NVIDIA from the guide and it now looks like this:

I went to the DSDT.dsl file and looked for '_REG':

I copied the Guide's patch to turn it off and it now looks like this:

Is this correct? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong

Last edited:
@Feartech I really need your help. Can you see anything useful in the ioreg file from post #50?
I didn't touch the Clover Bootloader at all since I sucessefully installed macOS and now I can't boot it again. It's stuck on the Apple Logo

Right now I'm following this guide [https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/].
My gut is telling me that it's a conflict between the NVIDIA MX150 and the Intel UHD 620.
At the moment I have extracted all the ACPI Files and looked for the "_INI" and for the "_OFF" command and found this:
View attachment 399337
Since there's only one SSDT that appeared and not multiple, I think it turns on and off from that one SSDT. So I opened it and looked for the 'INI' command:
View attachment 399338
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be like this. Right?
View attachment 399339

I looked for the OFF command inside that same .dsl and found two matches but one of them is inside a PowerResource Macro so it's not that one, leading for the correct one (print screen above):
View attachment 399340
At least the ID are equal on both. I can't find any "EC" thingy on this dsl file.
I copied the code to turn off the NVIDIA from the guide and it now looks like this:
View attachment 399342

I went to the DSDT.dsl file and looked for '_REG':
View attachment 399343
I copied the Guide's patch to turn it off and it now looks like this:
View attachment 399344
Is this correct? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong
boot verbose to see any issues

on my laptop, i modded my bios to disable the Nvidia card, saves me in patching

maybe there is a bios mod for you laptop over at bios-mods.com ?

boot verbose to see any issues

on my laptop, i modded my bios to disable the Nvidia card, saves me in patching

maybe there is a bios mod for you laptop over at bios-mods.com ?
I'm not really into flashing a brand new laptop - doesn't even have a week old. If something happens there's no warranty to cover that...
I attached my whole EFI Folder. I think that with these patches it's worse then it was previously...
Verbose gets stuck here:

This is what I have under Graphics on my BIOS:

@RehabMan can you tell me what can I do?

Last edited:
@Feartech I think I found out what was messing with the backlight and with the graphics overall. I disabled “Inject Intel” and everything is working except the NVMe . It stopped being detected on the Disk Utility but is detected in Windows and in Clover. I'm using these Drivers and Kexts (improved config attached):

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 215
@Feartech I think I found out what was messing with the backlight and with the graphics overall. I disabled “Inject Intel” and everything is working except the NVMe . It stopped being detected on the Disk Utility but is detected in Windows and in Clover. I'm using these Drivers and Kexts (improved config attached):
View attachment 399443
intelbacklight should not be in there (should never be needed now)
battery or backlightfixup shouldn't be in there either

what make is your NVME?

Then how do I patch the backlight without those Kexts?
NVMe is a Samsung 970 EVO

Edit: All disks are now fully working. AHCI wasn't enabled... :banghead:
How and where to install kexts:

hard drive should be detected, make sure to have AHCI set in BIOS

Hello @ticaipod ! managed to install mojave? send me the necessary files.
Thanks

Laptop: Asus VivoBook S530FN-BQ202T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back