Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Asus VivoBook S530Fn - Intel UHD 620 + NVIDIA MX150 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Feartech I assumed that the macOS was somehow corrupted. I reinstalled again the macOS successfully using the config attached below. I was able to get a IORegistry file from the laptop.
I tried to run install_tools but it was always failing due to no Internet Connectivity. Then I looked for offline solutions and found the tool on GitHub with offline instructions. It kept failing as well
install_tools ?

install_tools ?
Yes. You told me to generate a System Report File using that tool. I can't do it due to lack of internet connectivity
next time:
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:
Edit #1 - I will try (again) to generate 'Proper Problem Reporting Files'

@Feartech I really need your help. Can you see anything useful in the ioreg file from post #50?
I didn't touch the Clover Bootloader at all since I sucessefully installed macOS and now I can't boot it again. It's stuck on the Apple Logo

Right now I'm following this guide [https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/].
My gut is telling me that it's a conflict between the NVIDIA MX150 and the Intel UHD 620.
At the moment I have extracted all the ACPI Files and looked for the "_INI" and for the "_OFF" command and found this:

Since there's only one SSDT that appeared and not multiple, I think it turns on and off from that one SSDT. So I opened it and looked for the 'INI' command:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be like this. Right?

I looked for the OFF command inside that same .dsl and found two matches but one of them is inside a PowerResource Macro so it's not that one, leading for the correct one (print screen above):

At least the ID are equal on both. I can't find any "EC" thingy on this dsl file.
I copied the code to turn off the NVIDIA from the guide and it now looks like this:

I went to the DSDT.dsl file and looked for '_REG':

I copied the Guide's patch to turn it off and it now looks like this:

Is this correct? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong

Last edited:
@Feartech I really need your help. Can you see anything useful in the ioreg file from post #50?
I didn't touch the Clover Bootloader at all since I sucessefully installed macOS and now I can't boot it again. It's stuck on the Apple Logo

Right now I'm following this guide [https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/].
My gut is telling me that it's a conflict between the NVIDIA MX150 and the Intel UHD 620.
At the moment I have extracted all the ACPI Files and looked for the "_INI" and for the "_OFF" command and found this:
View attachment 399337
Since there's only one SSDT that appeared and not multiple, I think it turns on and off from that one SSDT. So I opened it and looked for the 'INI' command:
View attachment 399338
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be like this. Right?
View attachment 399339

I looked for the OFF command inside that same .dsl and found two matches but one of them is inside a PowerResource Macro so it's not that one, leading for the correct one (print screen above):
View attachment 399340
At least the ID are equal on both. I can't find any "EC" thingy on this dsl file.
I copied the code to turn off the NVIDIA from the guide and it now looks like this:
View attachment 399342

I went to the DSDT.dsl file and looked for '_REG':
View attachment 399343
I copied the Guide's patch to turn it off and it now looks like this:
View attachment 399344
Is this correct? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong
boot verbose to see any issues

on my laptop, i modded my bios to disable the Nvidia card, saves me in patching

maybe there is a bios mod for you laptop over at bios-mods.com ?

boot verbose to see any issues

on my laptop, i modded my bios to disable the Nvidia card, saves me in patching

maybe there is a bios mod for you laptop over at bios-mods.com ?
I'm not really into flashing a brand new laptop - doesn't even have a week old. If something happens there's no warranty to cover that...
I attached my whole EFI Folder. I think that with these patches it's worse then it was previously...
Verbose gets stuck here:

This is what I have under Graphics on my BIOS:

@RehabMan can you tell me what can I do?

Last edited:
@Feartech I think I found out what was messing with the backlight and with the graphics overall. I disabled “Inject Intel” and everything is working except the NVMe . It stopped being detected on the Disk Utility but is detected in Windows and in Clover. I'm using these Drivers and Kexts (improved config attached):

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 216
@Feartech I think I found out what was messing with the backlight and with the graphics overall. I disabled “Inject Intel” and everything is working except the NVMe . It stopped being detected on the Disk Utility but is detected in Windows and in Clover. I'm using these Drivers and Kexts (improved config attached):
View attachment 399443
intelbacklight should not be in there (should never be needed now)
battery or backlightfixup shouldn't be in there either

what make is your NVME?

Then how do I patch the backlight without those Kexts?
NVMe is a Samsung 970 EVO

Edit: All disks are now fully working. AHCI wasn't enabled... :banghead:
How and where to install kexts:

hard drive should be detected, make sure to have AHCI set in BIOS

Hello @ticaipod ! managed to install mojave? send me the necessary files.
Thanks

Laptop: Asus VivoBook S530FN-BQ202T
Yes I did. I found another someone in other hackintosh forum and they patched the DSDT for this specific model. Can’t say names through (rules of this forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back