Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Asus VivoBook S530Fn - Intel UHD 620 + NVIDIA MX150 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey-

I have the same CPU in my laptop but I cannot figure out how to enable UHD620. Always see 7mb.

I tried your EFI but I have the same error you got from page2 #17

How did you fix it?

On the left I have my BCM4352HMB Combo Card. It uses PCI-E.
Oh the right I have my laptop’s stock Intel WiFi Combo Card (uses M.2 2230).
42516DC2-FA11-4005-A284-F19C169AFD8A.jpeg

Meaning that I’m screwed with the combo card for this laptop. Anyone got a recommended M.2 Wi-Fi Combo Card? Everything but the BCM4352Z (DW1560) because if I order that one I’ll have problems with customs.
I’m limited in space as you can see on the picture
D3A3ABA5-EA49-4DA3-ACAE-713678BC72CB.jpeg

EDIT:
I found this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/current-m-2-wifi-recommendation.220362/.
An original MacBook Air A1465 Wi-FI Combo Card is way cheaper then the BCM4352Z and it works straight out of the box. With an M.2 NGFF Converter things might actually work. Can someone tell me if this is going to work?

Last edited:
@ticaipod "With an M.2 NGFF Converter things might actually work" - but it aint going to fit there. A quick look at the measurements will show this. There might be a cable that will allow you to route the M2 connector elsewhere (maybe search for m2 male to m2 female) but you will need to find the space for the apple/m2 convertor, wifi card and also reroute the aerial cables. It may also be possible to remove the speaker and hack at the plastic to make enough space there but even if that could work I dont think Id try.

Last edited:
@ticaipod "With an M.2 NGFF Converter things might actually work" - but it aint going to fit there. A quick look at the measurements will show this. There might be a cable that will allow you to route the M2 connector elsewhere maybe search for m2 male to m2 female.
I was searching that flat m.2 connector right now

@ticaipod "With an M.2 NGFF Converter things might actually work" - but it aint going to fit there. A quick look at the measurements will show this. There might be a cable that will allow you to route the M2 connector elsewhere (maybe search for m2 male to m2 female) but you will need to find the space for the apple/m2 convertor, wifi card and also reroute the aerial cables. It may also be possible to remove the speaker and hack at the plastic to make enough space there but even if that could work I dont think Id try.
Can't find any m.2 extension flat cable for sale. Even if I find it and like you said, I would still have to
reroute the aerial cables
I guess I'll have to risk and buy the BCM4352Z from eBay :|

So.... I was able to successfully install macOS 10.14.4. No errors whatsoever.
Intel UHD 620 working 100%, laptop camera was detected as well.

Things that I might need help to deal with:
- LCD Backlight
- Trackpad and Keyboard
- Ethernet
- Audio (Onboard and Headphone Jack)

I’ll start with by trying to fix the screen’s backlight. Any chance I can patch it? I can’t always have a flashlight attached to my head so I can see what’s actually going on
Thanks for your help.

Some photos:
View attachment 398974View attachment 398978
your config.plist is missing loads of information

compare with one from the laptop guide

next time:
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

compare with one from the laptop guide
The one from the laptop guide Injects ATI and NVIDIA when not needed. The spoof doesn't work either.
I tried to boot with verbose. Last thing it logs before blacking out and freezing:

I tried to boot using EFI v4. Got backlight but couldn't past this:

EFI v6 (the one I used to install macOS without any issues and then booted with graphics but no backlight) stopped working suddenly. Last log shown using EFI v6:
- Notice the Backlight: "Didn't find DPMicro"

Attachments

• EFI - v7.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 139
The one from the laptop guide Injects ATI and NVIDIA when not needed. The spoof doesn't work either.
I tried to boot with verbose. Last thing it logs before blacking out and freezing:
View attachment 399105

I tried to boot using EFI v4. Got backlight but couldn't past this:

View attachment 399106

EFI v6 (the one I used to install macOS without any issues and then booted with graphics but no backlight) stopped working suddenly. Last log shown using EFI v6:
- Notice the Backlight: "Didn't find DPMicro"
View attachment 399108
config.plist form the laptop enables them to be able to disable them or something similar, this is a normal procedure to stop issue sin booting macOS which is needed....

what happens when booting from config.plist from the guide untouched?

config.plist form the laptop enables them to be able to disable them or something similar, this is a normal procedure to stop issue sin booting macOS which is needed....

what happens when booting from config.plist from the guide untouched?
When using the spoof config the progress bar is more advanced then using the normal config. The image you see is with the spoof. Both of them freeze. Tried safe mode. Same thing.

Attachments

• 822FB4E6-A144-4600-8B28-39CF241128B6.jpeg
    822FB4E6-A144-4600-8B28-39CF241128B6.jpeg
    526.3 KB · Views: 68
@Feartech I assumed that the macOS was somehow corrupted. I reinstalled again the macOS successfully using the config attached below. I was able to get a IORegistry file from the laptop.
I tried to run install_tools but it was always failing due to no Internet Connectivity. Then I looked for offline solutions and found the tool on GitHub with offline instructions. It kept failing as well

Attachments

• Tiago’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 102
  • config.plist
    2.8 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back